Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 161148 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 2 is oddly familiar
« Reply #300 on: November 04, 2013, 04:21:54 pm »

Well I'm not really. I think cult is very possible.
I'm just wondering why Caz is so sure it is a cult, though I'm also wondering why you suddenly are on the offensive as soon as I asked Caz an interesting question.

Why did you mistake questioning the existence of a cult that has yet to be confirmed with dismissing it? Is such a newby mistake intentional?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 04, 2013, 04:28:10 pm »

Surely it couldn't be that you are a vampire and actively trying to discourage discussion about your scumteam.

And how about you point out where you think Caz is so sure it's a vampire cult. I mean, the day just started. It should be easy to find.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - [SIGNUPS] 9/9 - Now Beginner Friendly!
« Reply #302 on: November 04, 2013, 04:29:19 pm »

All right, that's 9. I'll leave sign-ups through tomorrow, close them Tuesday, and we'll get started once I finish the roles and initial flavor.

As part of keeping this beginner friendly, I won't be changing any of the roles or rules from last time. So while you still won't know quite what to expect at the start, if you've read all the previous games you should be in decent shape.

I've decided to run another Supernatural Mafia, since it's been a while since I did one.

Min players will be 8, max is 16.

Players

• Dariush
  • Shakerag Town Priest
  • Darvi
  • Urist Imiknorris
  • zombie urist - Town Fortune Teller
  • webadict
  • Powder Miner
  • Toaster - Lone Vampire
  • NativeForeigner
  • Jokerman-EXE
  • IronyOwl - Town Werebear
  • Orangebottle - Werewolf Priest
  • Tiruin - Werewolf Illusionist
  • ToonyMan - Werewolf Knight

It's entirely likely that there be a Vampire Cult.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 04, 2013, 04:31:41 pm »

Surely it couldn't be that you are a vampire and actively trying to discourage discussion about your scumteam.

And how about you point out where you think Caz is so sure it's a vampire cult. I mean, the day just started. It should be easy to find.

We're looking at a vampire cult, right? If we lynch wrong today, they'll start to outnumber us.

Well that was easy.
Now, once again, why does "Why are you sure there is a cult" = "No, there is no cult and don't talk about it" in your mind? Wouldn't questioning people saying there is a cult lead to more discussion of the topic?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 04, 2013, 04:35:11 pm »

Ok wow.

Hi guys, so before we get into discussion of a vampire cult, I'd like to mention something.

I am a Knight, and last night a masked guy with a sword attacked me. Unless some sort of monster hunter or SK attacked me (which didn't fit the flavor and I have a higher opinion of you guys if you're a town-aligned monster hunter) I think we're dealing with a repeat of the cult scumteam from S2 (which was a normal mafia scumteam).

Of course this means I'd like to see Cmega3's reaction to recent events, and makes Jim's vote on me today without any questions or anything else seem slightly suspicious to me.

Well, we're back to Day 1 again. Did anyone learn anything useful?
You referring to yesterday or to night actions? And I would disagree that we're back to D1. In the case that I got attacked by a third party and we have vampires it means the scum have added one to their ranks. It also means any Fortune Tellers or similar roles got a chance to look at people.

Hey Toaster, does that fact that you voted Nerjin in the middle of the bandwagon look scummy to you? It seems perfect for a scum picking an easy lynch to me.

Also, Jim, what we're your reasons for voting Nejin yesterday?

Jim asks why is Max is trying to talk people out of a vampire scumteam. Max asks why Jim and Caz are so sure it's vampires. Jim says this means Max is a vampire. Hmmm. You both seem to be overconfident about the validity of your points.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2013, 04:52:22 pm »

We're looking at a vampire cult, right? If we lynch wrong today, they'll start to outnumber us.

Well that was easy.

I dunno, man. Yeah, he looks sure. But I don't think he looks so sure.

You're going to have to clarify a lot more on that point.

Now, once again, why does "Why are you sure there is a cult" = "No, there is no cult and don't talk about it" in your mind? Wouldn't questioning people saying there is a cult lead to more discussion of the topic?

Why would you ask such an obvious question like where's the evidence of a cult when there wasn't a kill last night?

You even think it's likely there is a cult. I don't understand why you asked the question.

And when you ask where's the evidence of a vampire cult, it sure sounds like you want to challenge the idea of a vampire cult.

I am a Knight, and last night a masked guy with a sword attacked me. Unless some sort of monster hunter or SK attacked me (which didn't fit the flavor and I have a higher opinion of you guys if you're a town-aligned monster hunter) I think we're dealing with a repeat of the cult scumteam from S2 (which was a normal mafia scumteam).

I can believe this if you were attacked by a monster hunter.

I can't really believe this if you were attacked by the scum team.

Describe your flavor more. Mephansteras does not disguise where kill sources came from, even in failed attempts. Please provide more detail.

Also, Jim, what we're your reasons for voting Nejin yesterday?

I listed them yesterday. He was noncommital and passive and there was a risk he could make a tie if he really wanted to.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 04, 2013, 04:54:40 pm »

Hear, hear!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2013, 05:03:35 pm »

I dunno, man. Yeah, he looks sure. But I don't think he looks so sure.

You're going to have to clarify a lot more on that point.
Not my job to prove how sure he is on the matter, I just asked him why he was sure.

Whats is with this buddying? "Oh yea, he totally said that, but I'm just not feeling it, you know? I can totally dismiss anything I like just by insisting it doesn't really count." If he wasn't so sure, why not let him answer for himself? Maybe he was pretty damn sure, and you just gave him an exit?

Or was that the plan?

Why would you ask such an obvious question like where's the evidence of a cult when there wasn't a kill last night?

You even think it's likely there is a cult. I don't understand why you asked the question.

And when you ask where's the evidence of a vampire cult, it sure sounds like you want to challenge the idea of a vampire cult.
I didn't ask where is the evidence of a cult, I asked why he thought a cult was more likely than a protect. You sure like to misinterpret today Jim.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2013, 05:21:14 pm »

I'm just wondering why Caz is so sure it is a cult,

I didn't say I was sure, but it's more likely than any other possibility i.e a wizard just happens to protect the one who was targetted by scum.

Though now Persus has claimed to have been attacked in the night, it might not be true after all. What kind of scum uses swords? Cult would use vampire fangs or daggers, demons would leave a bloody lump of meat, and werewolves usually rip their prey to shreds as well.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2013, 06:30:37 pm »

Though now Persus has claimed to have been attacked in the night, it might not be true after all. What kind of scum uses swords? Cult would use vampire fangs or daggers, demons would leave a bloody lump of meat, and werewolves usually rip their prey to shreds as well.
I don't know. I believe in S2 the cult attacked and subdued their victims before dragging them off and killing them with magicy daggers. They didn't use vampire fangs.

I can believe this if you were attacked by a monster hunter.

I can't really believe this if you were attacked by the scum team.

Describe your flavor more. Mephansteras does not disguise where kill sources came from, even in failed attempts. Please provide more detail.
Well, the PM said I sensed danger, so I hid in a corner and waited instead of sleeping and then after some time went by, a the lock burst and a masked man with a sword (no other description except good instincts) came in and looked for me. I attacked him and we fought until I wounded him and he ran away after distracting me. Then I blocked the door. That was all the description gave. It was clearly a man, and there wasn't anything seemingly supernatural or demonic about him. That's why I was leaning toward cultists (as in S2) or a monster hunter.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 04, 2013, 06:44:17 pm »

Also, Tiruin and Cmega will likely need prods by tomorrow.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 04, 2013, 08:02:50 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Caz: Toaster
Toaster: Persus13
Persus13: Jim Groovester
Tiruin: ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 04, 2013, 09:22:39 pm »

Also, Tiruin and Cmega will likely need prods by tomorrow.
Ugh. The day starts in my night, sir. It ended when I was away and unable to give my note.

Caz, and let me retrieve that post I had. Though I fear that it'd be delayed by ~5 hours given the circumstances on network connectivity + post (re)creation here. >.>

Extend

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 04, 2013, 09:38:09 pm »

I dreamed that I was dead... Because I was dead. Can't dream when dead it turns out.
Ok HOW can you still speak. You're dead :x

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 04, 2013, 09:49:00 pm »

I dreamed that I was dead... Because I was dead. Can't dream when dead it turns out.
Ok HOW can you still speak. You're dead :x

Because fuck biology. Actually I guess I ressurected in the morning. All I know is that I didn't get told that someone was molesting my corpse with their life giving magics via dream. I was told that I felt air filling my lungs, saw a candle, got up, went home.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56