Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 161131 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 2 is oddly familiar
« Reply #330 on: November 05, 2013, 10:08:36 am »

No idea wtf happened there. My net is derping.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 05, 2013, 10:15:59 am »

Hell, I admit I'm not always right about everything. Let's open these questions up to the floor.

Nerjin, Tiruin, Persus13, Cmega3, Imp, ToonyMan, Caz, Max White, Toaster

If a town monster hunter has an investigate and a kill ability, should they investigate their targets before killing them?

Should a priest use their resurrect power?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 05, 2013, 10:19:50 am »

It sounds nice and Poirot but I just don't buy it Jim. If you eliminate town players you're helping scum win quicker, no?

This line of thought only makes sense if Jim was targeting confirmed town. Which he didn't.

If a town monster hunter has an investigate and a kill ability, should they investigate their targets before killing them?

I would probably kill someone who I thought to be scum, to be honest. Having a kill is like having a lynch, except you don't need to convince everyone else with it.

Resurrecting is always a gamble because the resurrected have the possibility to return as a demon. It'd depend on the role of the townie in question and whether we could use it to clear them or not. If Nerjin doesn't give us accurate dreamwalker results tomorrow, then he's next to hang.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 05, 2013, 11:04:22 am »

Hell, I admit I'm not always right about everything. Let's open these questions up to the floor.

Nerjin, Tiruin, Persus13, Cmega3, Imp, ToonyMan, Caz, Max White, Toaster

I believe that the monster hunter should investigate before acting on his suspicions at least N1. A town killer can be a double-edged sword or a loose cannon, case in point, would likely be Toonyman's vampire hunter from S1 who believed he was facing vampires because that was his role. There isn't much info on D1, but afterwards things start becoming clearer. However if you are very certain someone's scum, you may want to use your skill N2. But if we're facing vampires, then every town kill means that town kill is one step closer to success.

Resurrection can work but it also be dangerous. It's an easy way for demons to enter the game. So I think it can be useful early on, particularly on important townies like dreamwalkers.

It sounds nice and Poirot but I just don't buy it Jim. If you eliminate town players you're helping scum win quicker, no?

This line of thought only makes sense if Jim was targeting confirmed town. Which he didn't.
Caz. Your comment has so many assumptions that it doesn't make sense. First off, you are assuming that a monster hunter attacked me and said monster hunter was Jim. Both of which aren't known yet. Of course this could also mean you and Jim are cult trying to pass off your botched killing of me as a town monster hunter, removing suspicion of the two of you and you just slipped up.

Secondly, NQT appears to be referring on this comment.

Vigilantes eliminates suspects. Even if they happen to be town, this is still valuable.

It's similar reasoning to the lynch; it removes a player from the game, but arguably more importantly, it also serves to help the town investigate the remaining players.
not as you claim Jim's (assuming he is a Monster Hunter and I wasn't attacked by scum or a third-party) attack on me.

NQT is merely stating a fact. Every town death makes it easier for scum to win. While you may gain valuable info from the death (ex. you think one of two suspects are scum and one dies) it still means the scum is one step closer to victory. That means that a town killer attacking someone should be careful as they may kill town and shouldn't make their decision lightly. This includes possibly investigating a player if they have the power or time to do so. Jim may think I'm scum, but he could (as I think he is) be thrown off by the fact that I'm a newb and that I haven't played a game with him before. Or he could be scum trying to make it look like he's scumhunting by going after me (which other than occasional comments to other players and calling out Max for poor scumhunting seems he seems to be doing to me). Until someone flips, you need to keep all of the options open. You may strongly suspect one, but you must keep out an open mind.

Also, have your opinions on who is scummy changed at all today?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 05, 2013, 11:27:42 am »

Caz. Your comment has so many assumptions that it doesn't make sense. First off, you are assuming that a monster hunter attacked me and said monster hunter was Jim. Both of which aren't known yet. Of course this could also mean you and Jim are cult trying to pass off your botched killing of me as a town monster hunter, removing suspicion of the two of you and you just slipped up.

That's the scenario we were discussing, yeah. Nice bandwagon jump btw. Nothing I said was untrue. You're not confirmed town, even though you'd like to be. Claiming knight doesn't clear you of anything.

Not really. You're still the lead runner, since Nerjin was proved town. You jumping on the third vote (the most common bandwagoning-scum vote) with little more than "you're jumping to conclusions!" when you misunderstood the scenario being discussed just makes it easier. Persus13. Yeah, this may be construed as an omgoose vote. I'll reconsider it when you explain to me why you're so sure it's not a monster hunter. Do vampires and werewolves make regular use of swords?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 05, 2013, 11:52:12 am »

That's the scenario we were discussing, yeah. Nice bandwagon jump btw. Nothing I said was untrue. You're not confirmed town, even though you'd like to be. Claiming knight doesn't clear you of anything.

Not really. You're still the lead runner, since Nerjin was proved town. You jumping on the third vote (the most common bandwagoning-scum vote) with little more than "you're jumping to conclusions!" when you misunderstood the scenario being discussed just makes it easier. Persus13. Yeah, this may be construed as an omgoose vote. I'll reconsider it when you explain to me why you're so sure it's not a monster hunter. Do vampires and werewolves make regular use of swords?
Wait, that was a bandwagon vote? *quick looks through the thread*. Oh, I forgot Toaster RVSed you at the start.

And look at that. My point about keeping all your options open just whistled straight over your head completely. I'm not sure it was a monster hunter because I believe in keeping all the options open. I'm fairly certain what tried to kill me wasn't a demon, a vampire, a wolf, or a devil deal because it didn't llok like the flavor. That leaves two known options, cult or monster hunter. I'm inclined towards monster hunter at the moment, but the fact is that I'm going to leave other possibilities open. There may be something we may be overlooking, for instance. Or a slight difference in cult flavor. And you could have been the monster hunter too.

The problem is that you are talking about completely different things than Jim and NQT. They are discussing monster hunter strategy in general. You're talking about what happened N1. There's a difference and you're failing to realize it. I tried to point that out, even voting you to make sure you realized that, but you're still failing to see that.

I'd like to ask this to everyone, especially Max who seems to have given up his tunneling of NQT. It's been a few days (real-time), giving us a slight break to think things over.

I'd also like to see Toaster's response to my question.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 05, 2013, 12:50:27 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Caz: Toaster, Persus13, Tiruin
Jim Groovester: notquitethere
Persus13: Caz, Jim Groovester
Tiruin: ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. There are two votes to Extend the day to ~5pm Thursday. Three votes total needed to Extend.

Yeah, this may be construed as an omgoose vote.

That's hilarious. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 05, 2013, 12:59:50 pm »

Extend
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 05, 2013, 01:15:45 pm »

@Imp:
Well, we're back to Day 1 again. Did anyone learn anything useful?
Is there more 'wrongness' than rolefishing in what Caz has said?
Saying we're back to Day 1 again is wrong.  In general I would say that was a pretty iffy thing to start the next day with.

@NQT:
I would probably investigate first.  I haven't had a vig role in awhile though.

I wouldn't have resurrected Nerjin.  I guess that's a gamble, but eeeeh

Jim being a monster hunter seems really likely at this point, and I'm pretty sure that is an exclusively town role (as he said), so there's pretty damn convincing evidence he's not scum.

I'm worried about Toaster though, now he's leading a lynch on Caz with Tiruin who doesn't have time to answer me.

Also Cmega3 I await your post today.

As for Persus13?  Well, scum Toaster & Tiruin probably wouldn't lead a lynch on Caz if he was their partner, so the votes on Persus13 are likely genuine.  You can have scum Knights too, so it's certainly not out of the question.

Extend

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 05, 2013, 01:24:31 pm »

-snip-
So you think Toaster and Tiruin are scum? Is this solely because the two are trying to lynch Caz or do you you think other actions by them are scummy?
Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 05, 2013, 02:06:15 pm »

Extend.

You heard it here, folks! Only town players die from vigkills!

Scum dying from vigkills is such an alien possibility that it's not even worth considering when asking questions about how to utilize vigkills to their full advantage!

This certainly isn't how Toony played the role:

Who cares what ToonyMan did more than three years ago!

So do you disagree with my reasoning for bringing him back? Do you think town priests should always abstain from resurrecting?

I do, but you're confusing my objection with bringing back Nerjin with an objection to resurrection in general.

There are instances where resurrecting somebody could prove valuable. Resurrecting Nerjin, who did not have a powerful role or any valuable information to bring back to the town, was not such an instance.

How is this an important issue to ask everybody about?

This is a distraction from finding scum.

I have a question. What the fuck are you even voting me over?

I'd like to ask this to everyone, especially Max who seems to have given up his tunneling of NQT. It's been a few days (real-time), giving us a slight break to think things over.

Yep.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 05, 2013, 02:11:10 pm »

There are instances where resurrecting somebody could prove valuable. Resurrecting Nerjin, who did not have a powerful role or any valuable information to bring back to the town, was not such an instance.
Out of curiosity, what role would you consider powerful. Doesn't Dreamwalker allow you to view the PMs of other players? I'd consider that a powerful role.
Sigtext

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 05, 2013, 02:15:54 pm »

I'm able to see an action thathappened though not who was involved. As far as I can tell.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 05, 2013, 02:16:59 pm »

I'm able to see an action thathappened though not who was involved. As far as I can tell.
Oh, then that isn't as powerful as I thought it would be. Unless someone fake-claimed a power.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 05, 2013, 02:17:29 pm »

Can you choose targets or are you like the sexton?
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 56