Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 161547 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 2 is oddly familiar
« Reply #390 on: November 07, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »

Darn post button

*AHEM*

EBWOP

Switching a vote so much equals...what. Once? Or he may be very muchly lazy, but said laziness extends to his first replies to me. Subtle undermining seems to be a better ploy than just laziness, where I see it.

Vote tracker doesn't show FoSes. You were jumping around to whoever was being pressured the most. It didn't look like you believed your own arguments because as soon as an easier target came along, you gave up your attack and jumped on the new one.
I skimmed that line while writing.

I would LOVE to see you back that bolded part up with links and quotes, dear sir. Especially how the 'PRESSURED THE MOST' part relates.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 07, 2013, 09:13:47 pm »

Figuring out whether my intuitions about how a town player would play a Vigilante Cop helped me see whether my suspicions were justifiable.
Well that runs counter intuitive to anything resembling logic.
If you accept that your intuitions about how a town player might play vig is different from standard, then you have to cede that other peoples intuitions about the best way to play vig might also differ, so you can't claim that somebodies choice of how to play the role justifies any sort of suspicion.

All you could hope to achieve from your census is to either gauge how much popular support you might get from a lynch before forcing your case, or some good old fashion role fishing.

He began to play better. It's fine to disagree with me on this, but I thought it pro-town to take a chance at bringing back a town-player.
Not if you are a scum priest looking to boost your membership numbers. In such a situation it is very anti-town. Just because somebody was a town player doesn't mean they will be when they resurrect, so this argument that it is pro-town to bring any old town player back is bullshit.

Do you actually think I'm scum? I thought Jim might possibly be a town monster hunter but then he said something that I didn't expect any town-player to say, which seemed to rule him out as a town monster hunter but not as scum. I then thought to take some time to reflect on the game and so unvoted, and now I'm of the opinion that he may or may not be scum but he's certainly a loose cannon with some questionable ideas about how to play effectively (which is not something to vote someone for as it's independent of his alignment).
Yea I do. That is why I'm voting you... I honestly think you are scum, is that so hard to comprehend? You are most likely a vampire priest or a vampire lord who had a priest in his opening hand and decided to use their claim to make yourself look like confirmed not-lord. Why else bother with this "Oh look! I left cryptic clues for you!" bullshit? You want everybody to see you like a vanilla townie...
I am vanilla town.
to protect yourself.

As for Jims opinion on monster hunters, I might not agree with him, but he is one of the more senior players here, and you are going to say he has "some questionable ideas about how to play effectively"? Interesting...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »

Also..NQT. Really. Do not link to other parts of the forum unless they're directly attached to how you suspect people--if so, its best to say it in your own words. Why do you do that? :/

Also for easier notification:
PPE: NQT!
...Oh wow. I haven't been able to check on the full scope but..that's interesting.

Your basis for suspicion is on a vote pattern? Tunneling (did you check the context?) or the reasons behind the votes?
I didn't bold this.

PPE: Max

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2013, 09:19:25 pm »

..In which I won't say I'm cult, of course. Just say I'm a Sexton, and that the general disappearance has left...a very suspicious trail. Probably peg it to scum. Probably peg it to third-party. All in all, I'm leaning on leaning to reveal my role-as whoever did it would be third-party or town. More chaos. More fun, as I'm a cultist.

Why cult instead of scum Sexton?
What am I reading?
Look I'm going to be honest I usually have a little trouble fully understanding what you are going on about, but did you just claim as a cultist?
What did you mess up due to typing on a phone or am I not understanding what is going on here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2013, 09:20:30 pm »

. . .
PFP
Aha!  Thanks, I'd accepted your silence as your answer.  Here's the question again.

Tiruin:
Imagine your role made you be a Cult Sexton this game.  During N1 you are informed that the grave of the D1 lynch (a townsperson) has been disturbed - in fact the body is missing!  No mention is made of that person's reappearance during D2's opening post and the posts in Scumchat tell you that no Scum was involved in this disappearance.
I think you messed up reading instead.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 07, 2013, 09:23:02 pm »

Oh ok...
Look you do often post in a bit of a long winded manner, ok?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 07, 2013, 09:29:22 pm »

No night kill = cult.
First off, can you please STOP USING CULT AMBIGUOUSLY. Cult can mean two vastly different things in a Supernatural.
Secondly, allow me to fix your statement "No night kill = cult." It should mean "No night kill = cult (unless Persus was attacked by scum, or scum couldn'n't NK because of a guard."

Yea I do. That is why I'm voting you... I honestly think you are scum, is that so hard to comprehend? You are most likely a vampire priest or a vampire lord who had a priest in his opening hand and decided to use their claim to make yourself look like confirmed not-lord. Why else bother with this "Oh look! I left cryptic clues for you!" bullshit? You want everybody to see you like a vanilla townie...
One problem with this argument. Vampire Lord has no other role. And last supernatural the second guy was a Vampire Slave which was essentially Vanilla Scum. So unless we're facing a non-Vamp scum-team,  NQT couldn't be scum if he is a priest.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 07, 2013, 09:30:21 pm »

..But..but the question outlines it perfectly and I..I did ask that..the note at the end of my paragraph :/
The question on why cult sexton instead of scum sexton or whatever sexton.

Bluh. I fail English forever  :-\  :'(

PPE
No night kill = cult.
First off, can you please STOP USING CULT AMBIGUOUSLY. Cult can mean two vastly different things in a Supernatural.
Secondly, allow me to fix your statement "No night kill = cult." It should mean "No night kill = cult (unless Persus was attacked by scum, or scum couldn'n't NK because of a guard."
...So what cult are we all talking about?!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 07, 2013, 09:33:00 pm »

One problem with this argument. Vampire Lord has no other role. And last supernatural the second guy was a Vampire Slave which was essentially Vanilla Scum. So unless we're facing a non-Vamp scum-team,  NQT couldn't be scum if he is a priest.
Well that seems true for the last game, is it universally true for all supernaturals with vampires?
Also there is still the possibility that there is a normal mafia with a night kill (cultist). There are still too many possibilities to rule him out.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 07, 2013, 09:41:57 pm »

So what cult are we all talking about?!
It depends on who is talking.

There are two possibilities, best said by Max:
cult flavored mafia and a vampire flavored cult
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 07, 2013, 10:36:35 pm »

Caz's day end lynch vote on Nerjin was an RVS vote!
You're voting me because I ended up going for the same person I RVS'd? O_o How do you come to this conclusion?

Risky? Yeah maybe. I thought he could be town or scum but was erring to scum, and I wasn't there for the hectic last six hours, if I was I might have changed my mind. I think Nerjin isn't convincing me that he is town.
So you voted just to break the tie?

Probably won't be able to get a post in early tomorrow, but I hope so. I guess I'm the pick of the day or something. It's probably the best for town seeing as I don't have many useful abilities and am kind of on the weak side of figuring out who's who. It's been fun though, peace and coconuts etc.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 07, 2013, 10:41:11 pm »

There is no (very little at best) chance that we're facing a full blown cult here given SAID ATTACK, and the context behind cults.
Could be 3rd party with a kill. Why are you so against the idea of a cult? Do you think it'd be better to lynch a 3rd party SK, or kill a cult member?

You say jumping. You lack linking. You lack poking at whatever I did say instead of the superficial note on what I generally seem to have said.

You also appropriately change your story just like ToonyMan. First, you say VOTE. Now, you just say 'jump to whoever'.

Evade more, scumbag.

And now that NQT brings on further evidence: Since when has your vote decided to stick on Nerjin given that point?

I can't even follow your arguments at this point. GG you glorious mentalist.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 08, 2013, 01:23:05 am »

I can't even follow your arguments at this point. GG you glorious mentalist.
Primitive defensive mechanism detected: Denial (Subversive).

Thanks for sealing in my doubts. Instead of asking to restate or inquire on what exact portion is confusing you, you fall back on one of the less obvious, yet still apparent, methods of denial. I am open for all queries regarding my accusations of you, and all I get is a backhand and a discarding handwave.

If I am spewing confusing material, do you not think it is scummy? If so, why do I see no mention of it at all? Or is guilt one of the primary reasons behind your acts towards me?

Because coming from all others--my case looks concise, in the least. Readable, and understandable.

LET ME LINK IT AGAIN before I get insulted.  THIS is my accusatory post which you so craftily weaved through and picked on, only the superficial details did you manage to answer. All else has been discarded under the diaphanous guise

This is the classic lurkertracker. The one which isn't regularly used because its in the second page of the Mafia board. The old ancestor of ZU's lurkertracker which sits grumpily in the back because nobody bothers to talk with him anymore and is actually a bit sad inside.

And now let me serve you key lime pie. Made out of refined gunpowder.
ZU's LURKERTRACKER DOES NOT TRACK FoS'
IT TRACKS VOTES AND THE POSTS.
THINK0028'S LURKERTRACKER TRACKS FoS', VOTES, POSTS AND HAS A HANDY LINK TO SHOW RESULTS!

Check it, and weep.

There is no (very little at best) chance that we're facing a full blown cult here given SAID ATTACK, and the context behind cults.
Could be 3rd party with a kill. Why are you so against the idea of a cult? Do you think it'd be better to lynch a 3rd party SK, or kill a cult member?
I'm against the idea of a cult because someone did an attack and someone confirmed it. It's circumstantial evidence. Indirect proof given that-with general knowledge of cult-types lacking a factional NK-the attack was a scum-strike. Evil-but-not-demonic third party, perhaps. Or an overeager Town/possible Third-party(?) hunter as said before. Or probably a new role like an assassin (though it'd be weird that it isn't unblockable).

I think it be better to lynch all of said choices, as I have no idea on who the target is until roleflip.

And lastly, If you will not bother with following my arguments, perhaps you should bother with trying to follow your own. I did ask this one for you to clarify, as it is by all standing, your accusation.

As you ponder upon this, I'd like to ask you one thing. For most of me, I'm nailing you down as scum. Bad, evil, meanie scum. But I am curious on one prospect.

Why.

Why would you resort to such tactics? I'll give you the figurative benefit of the doubt. If scum, then that's quite a nice wallflower to crumble from. A minor wallflower, as it relates to dodging a trivial case on 'I accuse YOU for vote pattern'ing!'. And yet you dodge it. I have outlined with links and quotes, used a lurkertracker which has the accuracy and acuity of an eagle in flight against the swift and ignorant rabbit. I have checked and rechecked your argument against me--nay, all arguments against me--and found yours lacking, given it a prod, and see it explode like a pus-filled boil.

Is my case that confusing? What reason am I not presenting clearly? Is there anything that does not match? Are you confusing me with someone else? Are you, and I speak in sincere concern, alright IRL?

Also missed this.
And now that NQT brings on further evidence: Since when has your vote decided to stick on Nerjin given that point?

Everyone: Check the notes. Lurkertracker does not lie (or I'm a really good formatter). Despite how fraught I see Caz' playstyle being and..how shaky it is on contact with me--I'm doubting myself and my proficiency in English. Is what I say understandable?

Caz's day end lynch vote on Nerjin was an RVS vote!
You're voting me because I ended up going for the same person I RVS'd? O_o How do you come to this conclusion?
I'll annoyingly cut in for him: You really, really, didn't change your vote, ever.
Ever.

Persus: Did you notice what material was his sword made of? Any distinguishing feelings other than him being...astute(?) as I read it? [I'm in PFP mode as of the moment..sorry. ]

ToonyMan: Read back on Caz. Report back. What is your read. What has been your read on me and him.
Why or how couldn't you relate what you just said earlier. Like, in my post here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 08, 2013, 07:02:45 pm »

No posts today besdies Tiruin? wow.

Hi Caz, Tiruin's post convinced me you're scum.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:58 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Caz: Toaster, notquitethere, Tiruin, Persus13
Toaster: ToonyMan
notquitethere: Jim Groovester, Max White
Persus13: Caz
Tiruin: ToonyMan

Due to the Forum basically being down all day, I'm Extending the day to ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 56