Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48

Author Topic: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully  (Read 67694 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 BRAZILstone watch: We're still here
« Reply #675 on: December 27, 2015, 03:58:01 pm »

I wonder where you guys think that NK got its nukes without scientists.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Ebolastone watch: Possible international outbreak
« Reply #676 on: December 27, 2015, 04:00:22 pm »

Not entirely true. You do have NK scientists etc going abroad for conferences, and business travellers going to NK. Until recently, almost all French cartoons were partially made in NK.

I'm surprised there are NK scientists at all tbh  :o

BTW and for the record: resistances are also a problem with viruses. To cite a few examples, there are strains of HSV and CMV resistant to acyclovir.

Also: HIV patients have to take a cocktail of drugs to prevent the rise of HIV strains resistant to antirretrovirals. This is why I am concerned about people afflicted with HIV that take their medication in an irregular manner: it's not just that they're harming themselves; they're also more infectious, and are likely carrying particularily nasty strains of HIV.
YOU DARE DISCUSS YEAR OLD NORK NEWS WITHOUT ME!?
The technological ease in which information spreads (in part due to China's fuckhueg phone and black market phone manufacturing industries being right next door to North Korea) is forcing Kim to adapt and allow more information to North Korea, more in line with China
So before their scientists could make two potato and can now make three potato
Inb4 North Korea thread invades
LIKE A PHOENIX WHO ALWAYS KNOWS, I ARRIVE AS DECLARED IN THE WORDS OF THE PROPHET JOHN LENIN
And not finishing courses / doctors giving out unnecessary medication / livestock medication
The livestock thing is pretty well slanted towards bacterial diseases, I think. And that's all my seriousness for the day used up.
Reverse smallpox revenge. RIP in peace.
So this is how it ends
Look at the bright side of life, at least when it inevitably jumps to France after David "Absolutely Haram" Cameron opens the borders completely about 90% of Cheeki Breeki will be removed world wide. Also, 6/7ths of humanity.

But eyes on the prize here.
I'm detecting high levels of North Korea in this thread. New North Korea thread?
NONE WILL USURP DPRK THREAD TITULAR TITLE, 100% OF DUCHIES OWNED, ABSOLUTE CROWN AUTHORITY, ULTIMOGENITURE MASTER RACE

SITHRACK'S GONNA HAVE TO GET IN FUCKING LINE NOW!

METALSLIMEHUNT HAS JOINED THE COALITION AGAINST YOU
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 27, 2015, 04:19:29 pm »

I assumed they hired or napped foreign experts.  I certainly did not think they participated in the general scientific community at any measurable level.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 27, 2015, 04:21:52 pm »

The last profession they typically kidnapped was not scientists, but filmmakers, so that Kim Jong-il could get his custom built Godzilla ripoff.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 27, 2015, 04:26:28 pm »

Oh, they do participate. You don't see that many of them abroad, because they're poor and their science sucks but they exist. My dad met a couple of NK scientists at an agro-forestry conference last year, apparently they travel with some secret service guy.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 27, 2015, 04:49:26 pm »

Chinese scientists used to, too. My dad has some stories about Chinese physisicts visiting the West - strange people, all dressed in the same ill-fitting clothing and all accompanied by at least one Chinese guy who was definitely not a physicist himself.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Bay12 Ebolastone watch: Possible international outbreak
« Reply #681 on: December 27, 2015, 05:49:43 pm »

Reverse smallpox revenge. RIP in peace.
So this is how it ends
Look at the bright side of life, at least when it inevitably jumps to France after David "Absolutely Haram" Cameron opens the borders completely about 90% of Cheeki Breeki will be removed world wide. Also, 6/7ths of humanity.

But eyes on the prize here.
Which is how the sequel ends, coincidentally, though not before Murrica freedom bombs the UK

NONE WILL USURP DPRK THREAD TITULAR TITLE, 100% OF DUCHIES OWNED, ABSOLUTE CROWN AUTHORITY, ULTIMOGENITURE MASTER RACE
SITHRACK'S GONNA HAVE TO GET IN FUCKING LINE NOW!
METALSLIMEHUNT HAS JOINED THE COALITION AGAINST YOU
Haven't married your sister, -1000 korean moabadan moabad malus

Chinese scientists used to, too. My dad has some stories about Chinese physisicts visiting the West - strange people, all dressed in the same ill-fitting clothing and all accompanied by at least one Chinese guy who was definitely not a physicist himself.
One of my Mum's colleagues volunteered to help in the 2012 Olympics, went up to aid the North Korean Olympian and Koreans in suits appeared everywhere nodding no and blocking her way.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Zikastone watch
« Reply #682 on: January 29, 2016, 04:59:29 am »

Necroing the thread because Zika is the new big thing.

LW posted about it in december, but since then it has been spreading all over the continent.
BRAZIL DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY AFTER 2,400 BABIES ARE BORN WITH POSSIBLE MOSQUITO-BORNE BRAIN DAMAGE CAUSING PATHOGENS

From what I've been hearing in the local news, it has already hit multiple countries and should spread to all of the Americas except Canada and Chile, both too cold for the Aedes Aegypti.

Have some sources.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Viralstone watch: Koreathred pls no bully
« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2016, 10:53:04 am »

I wonder how long it'll be until it jumps the atlantic, or pacific. Also, I wonder where the virus origionated from, like animal virus derived or like what.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 02, 2016, 05:00:57 am »

The WHO has declared Zika a global health emergency yesterday. Two new countries (Jamaica and Costa Rica) have also seen cases of the disease.

It is a really bad time for someone to get pregnant in this continent, and it isn't going to get much better for some time (vaccines take time to be made).
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 02, 2016, 07:00:59 am »

The WHO has declared Zika a global health emergency yesterday. Two new countries (Jamaica and Costa Rica) have also seen cases of the disease.

It is a really bad time for someone to get pregnant in this continent, and it isn't going to get much better for some time (vaccines take time to be made).

Do we have any idea about how long the disease will influence pregnancies after a mother has the illness?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 02, 2016, 07:12:08 am »

Do we have any idea about how long the disease will influence pregnancies after a mother has the illness?
Could you clarify? Are you asking for how long people will delay the plans of people who want kids?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #688 on: February 06, 2016, 06:53:26 pm »

I am completely ok with this

There are enough plagues in the world, one more won't desensitize you more until you're desanitized

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #689 on: February 20, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »

We've got us a case!

Probably not going to go anywhere, what with the vector specificity and all, but it's a thing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48