Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68513 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - For the glory! For Chamberdrums! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2013, 06:40:06 am »

From the diary of Maskwolf
1 Malachite
I woke up yesterday, standing in a leatherworks holding a finely crafted shoe. While I'm sure it was valuable... I felt like I had been used. I couldn't work leather any better, I wasn't even aware of the fact that I had made it. Grimmash tried to be nice, but I know what he was thinking: this artifact was worthless, and so was my greatest achievement at this fortress.

My duty now is to be a good mother to my child. Grim will have to wait. My child needs me first and foremost. I am going to put in a request to resign from military duty and become a bowyer, to equip our military with fine wooden and bone crossbows. Failing that, leather worker, to produce leather armor for our archers.

zlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - For the glory! For Chamberdrums! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2013, 06:48:16 am »

Is this still joinable?
error: 'long long long' is too long

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2013, 07:10:49 am »

It seems that the fate was cruel to Maskwolf the Marksdwarf. She didn't manage to get any notable kills, and then she was posessed and prodused an artifact leather boot. At least, she's got her family to comfort her.

Is this still joinable?
Sure, you may have a turn or a dwarf. Or both.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:18:18 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

zlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2013, 08:23:52 am »

Well, I want both, but don't dwarf me yet. I will dwarf myself when it is my turn.
error: 'long long long' is too long

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »

Maskwolf walks over to her desk, baby in hand, seemingly deep in thought.  She takes out a well-worn leather journal from a drawer and pulls the quill from the inkwell, beginning to write:
2 Malachite
I find myself considering what Grimmash said to me after I came out of my trance.  He said that Grim meant no harm in his actions.  Perhaps I was too harsh in initially condemning Grim.  He is an honest dwarf like the rest of us.

Nonetheless, I don't like the looks he's given me lately.  His glare is bad enough, but his eyes... something about his eyes makes me nervous.  It's something in the way he looks at me...

At this point, the baby starts to cry and she gets up from her desk, walking to the food stockpile for some alcohol to quiet it.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2013, 07:20:40 pm »

Journal of Grim, Broker of Chamberdrums

Things have been going well. We got to kill a titan, it was an incredible sight, so much raw power in one being. But most magnificent of all was the way it twitched as it fell, pity I didn't land the last shot. I wonder how valuable it's remains are, I really should go examine it.

But first I think I need to get some water from the well. Maskwolf gave me a good knock on the chin when she took that funny turn. It smarts like a hangover and I think I should put a damp cloth on it or something. I'd ask the doc for help but frankly I can't see it doing any good.

I find myself remembering that necromancer in my idle moments, the way she twitched, the way her blood glistened in the sun. I hope some goblins arrive soon. I need a little... Fun.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:54:35 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2013, 07:38:19 pm »

Journal of Grim, Broker of Chamberdrums

Things have been going well. We got to kill a titan, it was an incredible sight, so much raw power in one being. But most magnificent of all was the way it twitched as it fell, pity I didn't land the last shot. I wonder how valuable it's remains are, I really should go examine it.

I find myself remembering that necromancer in my idle moments, the way she twitched, the way her blood glistened in the sun. I hope some goblins arrive soon. I need a little... Fun.

Awesome.  But nothing about being decked in the dining hall?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2013, 07:51:26 pm »

I was probably drunk...  :P

Oh what the circus, I'll add something in about that.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Thirst, Insanity and the Titan (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2013, 08:09:30 pm »

OOC: added a journal entry.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---   ---

Personal Diary of Nuckles
I've been taking it easy lately, just me and my pipe.  There was some kind of commotion and yelling about a Titan... hey that's cool.  I should build a huge bridge someplace and call it the titan.  For sure.  And if there was a Titan, my traps would take care of it no problem.  Yeah.  Well, wait.  I might actually want to build some more of those- tomorrow.  Good times.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2013, 12:39:33 am »

Journal of Grimmash, Overseer of Chamberdrums

Summer, Part 3

11th Malachite

I received a note from Mask, asking to resign from the militia and work as a bowyer or leatherworker.  While I am not sure how useful those skills are right now, I have agreed, but I sent a note back letting her know I was also putting her on the manager’s list for some other jobs such as bonecrafting, to make bolts for our marksmen, and to keep her in mind once our smithing operations are viable.  She may be able to help give our dwarves the tools they need to kill our enemies.

21st Malachite

The new mayor mandated that we make some bucklers.  At least it’s something useful.  I had to move our planned dining room, as I still have not dug deep enough to avoid the aquifer.  That damn thing is lurking all around us, and I’m getting rather frustrated.

On a personal point of pride, the farms are looking quite nice.  I ‘ve cleared out space for a seed stock, a plant stock with adjacent stills, and put in some farmer’s shops.  That should help streamline our food and booze production.  We also have a rather large number of animals, with some giving birth.  I’m glad the titan gave us so much meat, because I have missed working the milk into wheels of cheese, be they creamy, earthy, pungent or mild.  Maybe some day soon I will be able to return to my craft.

22nd Malachite

We have a new dwarf!   One of the migrants gave birth to a baby girl.  There may be some hope for us yet.

25th Malachite

Another birth, and migrants have come. 23 migrants made the trip, among them 11 children, and all made it inside safely, thank Armok.  Our fortress is now home to 102 dwarves. 

The new space for the dining hall seems to be clear of the aquifer, and our booze production at least seems stable.  I’ve order our mechanics, with Nuckles as foreman, to start crafting mechanisms with all our newly won stone.  This will serve two purposes:  We will have something to trade come the fall, and it will help us secure some new bridges I have ordered to shore up our entrance.  Daria has been busy helping keep various odds and ends of the fortress running, and Magni got for forge some more picks to speed up our digging efforts.

13th Galena

The dining hall has been dug out.  As I finished requesting that some tables be brought down, I was told a baby boy, Iteb Etolid was born.  The new bridges are complete, and I have also started work on a lever room of the dining hall so we can more easily defend Chamberdrums.

I asked the founders to come celebrate the dining hall’s opening, and to show them thanks for entrusting me the running of the fortress.  After some wine and beer was heartily consumed, they shared their story of how they came to this place.  I have to admit their plan was daring, even though it seems they were betrayed.  I’ll keep an eye on new migrants in case any members from the other syndicates try to sabotage our burgeoning fortress.

Our revelry was short lived, however.  One of the mechanics, having just finished linking the bridges to the temporary levers, had spotted goblins coming up the hill.  He burst into the hall with a harried cry:

“A vile force of darkness has arrived!”

I noticed Maskwolf sitting with her child nearby, and I looked to her, wondering if she is so eager to stay out of the militia.  We are prepared, and we have defenses.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2013, 09:42:14 pm »

From the desk of "AseaHeru", Cheif Medical Dwarf.

Overseer Grimmash,
  This text is an result of the atrocious conditions at this location of ours. Even though we have been here for years now we still have not set up our church or even a reading room! As for medical establishments, while I agree that we need something I do not think we require the drastic measures you wish. We do require rooms where patents may be cared for and pray that there mind my accnollage how there perceptions are wronged, and a location where we may store our texts and let us study them.

Forever at your servace, AseaHeru.

((Yah, he wants a hospital of sorts, with small rooms for each injured dwarf. Also a room with some cabinets, tables, chairs, etc.
Also, I know it sounds odd.))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »

The following is a letter written by Grimmash:

AseaHeru,

Thank you for your note.  I know we have been here for some time; I recall our trip from the Mountainhome two years ago. I understand your concern, and I am sorry that we seem to be misunderstanding each other.  I never dreamed that I would be an overseer of fortress such as this, much less trying to ensure the safety of the lives of so many dwarves.  I will try to build you a hospital, and I will try to include a room that includes your requests.

However, you may have noted the presence of Titans, the continual goblin skirmishers, the enormous waves of new residents, and the pesky threat of necromancers coming to raise our comrades when they should be resting with Armok.  Not to mention the need for food, drink, and even simple beds.  These test Armok has sent have left me little time to devote to the vitally important, yet less immediate needs of our fortress.  I've order more picks for our miners, and I even sacrificed a caravan of Elves to Armok to gain us precious food, drink and wood.  None of our dwarves have fallen to injury, although I dare say I've overlooked other causes of strife that have befallen our comrades.

We both share faith in Armok, so perhaps you could spare a prayer to our God of Blood, that I may better serve his divine plan?  Perhaps a plea from such a pious individual as yourself will be received by the Sanguine One, and with some effort I may provide room for his most devout of worshippers, and spare our most pious brethren the indignity of starvation, depression, or paying the ultimate price to our Lord.

Your humble overseer,

Grimmash

OOC:  All in good fun :).

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2013, 11:43:13 pm »

From the desk of "AseaHeru", Chief Medical Dwarf.

Overseer Grimmash,
  I thank you for your note, and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. If required I will volunteer to produce much of the furniture needed, and will remember you in my prayers.

Forever at your service, AseaHeru.

((Aint it?))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2013, 01:14:29 am »

Mooding dwarves are such a pain.  Any idea why a dwarf wood ignore pig tail thread and spider silk when all he needs is some thread?  And for some damn reason i can't shear the Alpacas we have.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2013, 02:22:27 am »

"- So, ya say ye want to hear a story?... - Lizard took a gulp from her golden mug and smiled to h erself. - We've got something to tell you, yeah. - She looked at Grimmash, who was sitting right next to her.
- Yo, that's quite a story, sister. Think we got time to tell him? - Nuckles leaned back on his chair and yawned.
- You got my interest! - Grimmash nodded - If it's not a secret, tell me, please!
- All right. - Monitor Lizard sighed. - Listen closely. I'm gonna start from the very beginning...

It was night already. The streets of the Mountainhome were empty and silent. Only a few lights burned, and one could hardly see anything in the darkness that covered the city. All windows were dark. All, exept one. A small torch could be seen inside a small jeweler's shop. It was hanging on the wall above the huge stone table, which stood in a small, cramped room. Two dwarves, one male and the other female, were sitting beside it, looking at the map.

- How much are those, you say? - Lizard smelled the air and twiched, as if she was a reptile.
- Faint yellow diamons? - Grim thought for a second - As I recall, about 120 bucks for the rough one, 200 for cut... - He swallowed. - Look, I know you really appreciate my skills, but do you really need me for this, sister?
- You're a professional. We need you to ensure that those guys won't fool us. That would be a sweet deal, I say.
- And if they try to fool us? - said Grim. Lizard grinned.
- We'll take care of them. Don't be nervous. - Lizard replied.
Grim slowly nodded.
- Good. - The ringleader walked to the entrance. - Meet you at the old copper mines.

...Four dwarves were standing in the center of a large cavern. Two of them were holding crossbows, and one of the dwarves had a mace strapped to his belt.
- You ready, Litast? - Nuckles turned to one of the marksdwarves.
- Yep. - The tall male dwarf nodded.
- Watch the tunnels. - Lizard raised her hand - Those Shrub guys will be here in a minute.
At that point, a group of tough-looking dwarves appeared from one of the tunnels. One of them was carrying a large bag that seemed to be heavy.
- I wouldn't trust those thugs... - Grim whispered.
- Calm yourself. - Lizard  and her group walked towards the gangsters. - Good evening! - She said in a loud voice.
- We brought the goods. -   A bandit, who bore a huge scar on his face, opened the bag and showed it to Lizard.
- Have a look, Grim. - She took one of the gems that were inside and gave it to the jeweler. He examined it.
- Faint yellow diamond. Emerald cut. Quite a good stone, I say. - Grim gave the gem back to Lizard and stared at the bag.
- So, we got a deal? - The Shrub ringleader grinned.
- Wait. I want to see the others... - Grim walked to the bag and grabbed it.
The bandit frowned.
- Give us the money first... - He pulled the bag from jeweler's hands. It opened, and a few gems dropped on the floor. Grim lifted one of them and looked at it.
- ...It's a tigereye. - He looked at the Shrub gangster - A usual cheap-ass f***ing tigereye.

It was silent for a moment. Than the groomy-looking dwarves, exchanging a glance, raised their crossbows. Grim backed in fear, staring at them.
- YA BACKSTABBIN' SHRUB BASTARDS! - Lizard yelled. Somebody rushed towards her, but got a bolt in the chest. Litast quickly reloaded his weapon and fired again, but this time the bolt bounsed off the other gangster's steel chestplate. One of the sword-wielding thugs was getting too close to the marksdwarf, but Nuckles promptly swinged his mace and cruched bandit's right wrist. He screamed and bolted to the nearby rocks.

- Take cover! - Someone shouted. Lizard grabbed Grim by the scruff and pulled him behind the large boulder. Sounds of a fight filled the cave.

- Up ye ass!
- We popping', Gems droppin'!
- THEY CLOCKED URIST! THOSE F***ERS CLOCKED 'EM!
- Cover me!
- I'm out of bolts!"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:04:54 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44