Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68185 times)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Murder is tax deductible! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2013, 03:55:41 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
Early Autumn
We figured out that there were no bones for Zon, so I had Shem's alpaca slaughtered.  I hated to do it, since Shem is the one that pulled me to safety in the big ambush last year.  But he died in the last siege, and if this keeps Zon from going crazy then his 6 kids will still have a father.

I ended up letting the Humans go.  We bought some weed, Booze, fish, and cheese off them for some of the clothes that were laying around the depot.  Maybe next year we can pick a fight with them, but for now our gang needs more time to train and get this equipment forged.  Oh, Zon finished his creation, it is an artifact throne.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mid Autumn
When reviewing the king's throne room trap setup, I noticed one of the bridges wasn't linked yet.  I had Fingers make a couple mechanisms and get that working.  We also found a support that needed to be linked up still.  The artifact throne and lever have been installed in the death pit.  I'll get Fingers to go down and link it up to a few supports.  We have the main support lever ready to go in case king ratvomit decides not to fall for this.

Late Autumn
I had me a good smoke the other day with a girl named Tirist.  She's gonna get a gang of sword fighters together.  It's been a few years and everyone is rusty, so they are going to start off with wooden weapons for now.  And with us not going to have armor ready any time soon, she wasn't too anxious to do any real fighting anyway.

The king's merchants arrived at our “trading outpost”.  Grim was there to meet them, let's get down to business: arms smuggling and drug trading.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2013, 07:55:18 pm »

Diary of Fingers
I stuck around the depot after hauling a bin of crafts up.  There sure was a lot of crossbows and loot piled up.  The broker guy Grim traded it for some armor stuff and lots of food.  He was looking kinda thirsty towards the end, but the merchant dwarf sure was smiling.  The guards kept looking at me every time I tried to get close enough to lift something off their wagon.  Bunch'a tight wads.

Then when I was walking back, I see this Kobold sneaking around outside the gate.  He got close, then just ran away again.  Some kid ran up and told me that he saw a different one do the same thing a couple days ago.  Maybe they are up to something.  Who cares.  Nuckles has me linking up some pillars to this nice artifact lever.  That's more fun than hauling this junk around.

---   ---
Trading went down fine with the king's merchants.  I asked Lizard to go and make a big show for the merchant leader since our mayor is... unavailable.  There is this “problem” with the door to his rooms, and I haven't had time to go “fix” it quite yet.  Anyway Lizard bought enough time for Grim to trade away a couple dozen of our crossbows.  When those cheap weapons hit the streets back at the mountainhome the guards will have their hands full.

Oh, I saw that chick Olin (who runs the “Artifices of Roughness” crossbow gang) hanging out and training with Lizard.  As I was walking up to say hi I over heard something like Olin got kicked out of her squad?  Before I could ask for details somedwarf comes up and tells me a little girl named Asen has taken over a crafting workshop.  We Just Got Through This!!  The little brat probably wants bones!  I'm going to go down to the farm and see if we can kill any of the animals.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:36:57 pm by Ruhn »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2013, 02:21:21 am »

PTW
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2013, 04:01:11 am »

Be careful with the artifact stuff. Somedwarf might go tantruming if we crash the throne and that mechanism.

Nice to see it's still going. If no-one will be willing to take a turn after you finish, we may go for a second cycle. I might also do an intermission.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2013, 08:47:06 am »

Be careful with the artifact stuff. Somedwarf might go tantruming if we crash the throne and that mechanism.

Nice to see it's still going. If no-one will be willing to take a turn after you finish, we may go for a second cycle. I might also do an intermission.
Good point.  I did a test and can confirm that artifacts are not destroyed by cave-ins.

Family trees are available now for anyone who wants them.  (Sadly our starting 7 don't have families)  Here are some samples:
AseaHeru Family Tree
Rough Rogue Family Tree

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2013, 05:53:03 pm »

We tied up some peacocks at the entrances and installed cage traps.  This should prevent anything from sneaking into the fort and stealing things.

We need to dig down and find some magma, but I wanted to be sure no monsters can get in.  We setup some doors and a bridge.  Now that things are safe FireCrazy and the others can dig deep and find the good stuff.

27 Moonstone, 133
Asen got everything she needed and made the most tricked-out earring I have ever seen.  It even has a little picture of Monitor Lizard on it.  That little girl has some impressive stone crafting skills.

1 Opal
I found a note in my pocket today, no idea how long it's been in there.  It was from Daria.  She wants to quit being the head commander and put together a group of assassins. I thought I was doing her a favor, but if she wants to operate behind the scenes instead then I'm not going to try and argue.

With this happening I think I will try to take over as commander again.  I'm getting pretty good with this crutch, and my hands are working just like they used to.  I'll put things into motion so Daria gets her squad.

7 Opal
They found another cavern down there.  I had Cyatica run down and floor off the stairs.  This won't stop us, the mineshaft location can be moved over a little and then it's back to business.

20 Opal
“The Irons of Touch”.  It sounds deadly.  There won't be any official announcement of the new squad, and only members of the Cabal will know it exists.  FireCrazy dug a new barracks off of an unused bedroom for them to train in.  The secret passage is behind the chest.

27 Opal
In order to keep our growing stash of artifacts safe, a vault is being built.  The entrance is in the main military stockpile.  The bridge will have a lever in the main control room, and also inside the vault.  Eventually I think we can fortify the vault and make it our 'last stand' room in case something goes terribly wrong.

5 Obsidian
A couple kids washed out of the Snakes of Brass.  They have been unhappy for a while, and now it has gotten to a point where they just stand there when training is supposed to be happening.  Maybe we can draft them again in a couple years once they act more mature.

12 Obsidian
We just hit another setback in the mining, I'm not sure if it is the same cavern or a different one.  We're going to have to

---   ---
Diary of Fingers
Somedwarf was yelling for me to grab my writing pad and get to the barracks.  We are under attack!  Way cool, finally some action around here.

Nuckles put Grim's gang up in the renovated firing platform and they are dropping all kinds of zombies.  Some other- The boss of The Courageous Sabers ran up and is cussing like mad because his guys don't have any bolts!!  Sucker should have said something earlier.

SHIT, here she comes!!  Maskwolf looks like she's gonna kill Nuckles.  They're out of bolts already too!!??  Maybe this isn't so funny now.

There are a lot of zom-zoms running into the courtyard.  I think everything in the funhouse is linked up correctly, but maybe we should have put in some more stone falling traps.

Somedwarf just ran past yelling that we are under attack.  I was like no shit, but then she says it is the Goblins.  The alive kind.

---   ---
I just got back from running around telling everyone to make bolts.  Some people were running into the funhouse!  I tried to stop them, but they told me to get lost.  That place is full of death right now, I hope they get out okay.

Some kobold thief opened up the door!  Fucking zombies are in the fort.

The next door just popped open and there's another thief!  How many Kobolds did the necromancers hire?  I'm getting out of here!

---   ---
25 Obsidian
Well, we fought them off.  I was a few feet away from Hissin' Walnuts when he went down under a pile of zombies.  We couldn't get to him in time, there were just so many.  AseaHeru was found down in the funhouse, he must have been trying to flank them when his luck ran out.

All told we lost 10 marksdwarves, 7 melee dwarfs , and a few other dwarfs and children.  Since I was in charge the responsibility is mine.  I will be stepping down as leader in a few days.

Reports are coming in that the Goblins are on top of the mountain getting ready for a charge.  There is no time to waste, we must rally together and organize our next defense.  The Courageous Sabers were merged into Grim's squad since it took so many losses.  Olin was one of those who fell.  Maskwolf obviously took over her squad, but I'll never know what happened now.

We drafted a few dwarfs to fill the ranks of The Snakes of Brass, our Axe squad.  The 3 dwarfs who actually had fighting skill in Sabres of Dimpling were transferred, the rest have been disbanded.

The Oars of Bearing (sword) gang has traded in the training weapons for steel and iron swords.  There are only 6 of them right now, but I have high hopes for the future.

This concludes my time as the hideout leader, now it is time to pick up my mace and go thump some more skulls.

---   ---
OOC:
The door that they came in has been taken down, and a wall designated in it's place.  Please be sure it gets built.  Dwarves started running into the funhouse to get the bodies out, so I created a burrow.  I think crossbowers were trying to path through the funhouse to get to the courtyard shooting gallery.  Some more doors in there would be handy so we can lock them and keep that from happening again.  We have a few zombies in cages, but an arena needs to be built so they can be pitted for training.

The vault needs a bit of channeling to be complete.  The z level above the bridge will let crossbowers shoot down on intruders.

I ordered 3 slabs made and lots of coffins too.  Tombs have not been created for our dwarfs.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8184
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:42:37 pm by Ruhn »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2013, 06:12:05 pm »

Right, any of my kids still alive?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2013, 06:29:52 pm »

Right, any of my kids still alive?
Yes, your five year old son and 2 young daughters are still alive and well.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2013, 06:59:26 pm »

Good. Well, can I have Wheelsbowl get named "AseaHeru the Second"?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2013, 07:24:10 pm »

You never mentioned the thing we discussed in the pms.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2013, 07:49:27 pm »

You never mentioned the thing we discussed in the pms.
My mistake, that journal entry yesterday wasn't very good.  I made some edits to today's also.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 01, 2013, 04:27:46 am »

What about me? Did I score some points or get some wounds? And what squad I'm in, anyway?
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 01, 2013, 05:20:05 am »

Hey guys, do you mind if I do an intermission? As far as there are no more players on the list, we can go for a second cicle. Does anyone want to take a turn again?

I'll post some pictures soon.

Edit: Here are the kills of the named dwarves.

By the way, I redorfed Aseaheru and updated the OP.

Edit: Kills of Aseaheru and HissinhWalnuts.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:57:50 am by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 01, 2013, 07:56:43 am »

What about me? Did I score some points or get some wounds? And what squad I'm in, anyway?
You are in the main Tactical Flags squad.  It looks like you were there for the fighting, got some hits on a goblin zombie, then got knocked out.  You came out with only some bruises, but no confirmed kills.

Hey guys, do you mind if I do an intermission? As far as there are no more players on the list, we can go for a second circle. Does anyone want to take a turn again?
Intermission sounds good, go for it.  I'll go again, but at the bottom of the circle.  (If my turn was too long I could play 6 months instead next time.)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2013, 09:10:08 am »

From the personal log of Monitor Lizard, overseer:

A few days ago, the crew informed me that they wanted me to be the ringleader again. Although I was flattered, I'd say I've enjoyed being a usual, regular workdwarf. Things are getting rough - We're besieged by goblins again, and the citisens are really depressed.

At first, I desided to put this place in order. We assigned the empty quarters and dining rooms to their new owners. Workshops are produsing more and more goods and furniture: bolts, doors, clay pots...
I also asked Grim and Maskwolf to hand out some captured armor to their squads.

Aseaheru and HissinhWalnuts fell during the undead siege. They both were good dwarves. I heard our former CMD tried to carry the wounded from the undead mob, but was slain before he could reach the secure part of the fortress. And HissinhWalnuts fought like a wild beast, ripping the zombies in parts with his war hammer.

Nuckles gave an order to clean the front yard of the fortress. Some corpses still need to be hauled to the storage area.

To make at least somedwarf happy, I allowed the citisens to have pets. We're also going to butcher some of these alpacas, because we still need bolts.

One of the odd-jobbers snipped his shit and have gone berserk! I ordered the soldiers to kill him.

Oh dwarf, he's got a crossbow! Glad the militia took care of him quickly.

I don't give a f**k about your mandates, mayor! You have no real power here! Production order violation? This isn't the Mountainhome!

THE TROLLS ARE COMING! CLOSE THE DOORS!

I ordered all the marksdwarves to gather behind the fortification in the courtyard. The trolls tried to break through the main doors under heavy, some of them stepping into the stonefall traps. We raised the bridge to prevent them from retreating.

Grim killed 4 of those beasts, and the others finished the rest. Good job, marksdwarves!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:11:51 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44