Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68535 times)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Carefully planned regicide (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #510 on: January 22, 2014, 08:58:52 am »

135,Timber
7 Years...7 Years since I was put into this jail, look down the Dwarfs I called 'Brother', that I fought in the dirt, mud and dust of our 'Mountainhome', now this place look like an husk for what it has been...And i been hoping that I would be taken by an death soon then stay in an place of lies and falsehood...I know how that dwarf is laughing about now, I hope he is happy now..
I been told for an new 'home' I could take, only went with it because of hope that i might die on the journey there, only to hear my fellow 'prisoner' that this place is taken control of the peoples that caused my rock-bottom fall, the death of my sister and that forced me to kill that Commander that put her into that place, and barely cared about her or me...
I will find this 'Crew' and shown that dwarf what hell I will be put on them that should for happen 7 years ago...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:35:43 pm by Evilsx »

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 22, 2014, 09:44:45 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
There is something that we need... but I doubt the caravan can smuggle it to us.  I think we have the stuff to make it here, but I'm going to need help.  For now I'm gonna keep it under wraps, let's see how it shakes out.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 23, 2014, 07:17:51 am »

Diary of Zust Grey Dwarf,
136, Granite
The wind and open air feel different from the years I spent in the stone walls for my mind, I hope for an better home then that was given to me but I known this place will be fill of scum and 'Misfits' of Mountainhome, and with-in them will be the Crew that choose to their own Greed like the Idiot king and will kill and thrown life as an 'resource', I known that they are welcoming that rock to move their now, an more 'Stable Place' them Mountainhome due to the riots and dwarfs trying to take it away from him as said by these 'Prisioner'.
But my revenge will be planned and slow, I will find the 'Leader' for these thugs and kill him/her first, and their last breath will be of me showning them and the people of this place the true greed that drives them, then only after the last member of this crews dies, I will be happy and rest in peace

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 25, 2014, 12:22:36 am »

The caravan was ambushed and the king didn't turn up. :(
I dunno if these two things are related though?
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 27, 2014, 03:42:44 am »

The caravan was ambushed and the king didn't turn up. :(
I dunno if these two things are related though?

Did you give the needed presents to the caravan? Before the king comes you need to offer them some items worth 5000 dwarfbucks.

By the way, I don't want to sound offencive, but you turn takes a bit too long. There is no actual time limit in the rules, but could you probably post more shorter updates, or a bunch of screenshots? There are other players who are waiting to claim their turn. We can assist you if you are having some troubles with goblins or something, but we just don't know the current in-game situation. If you don't have time to play this one, you can always upload the up-to-date save here.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 27, 2014, 08:03:27 am »

They ended up not making it because of the ambush, so I didn't get to offer anything.
I'm sorry for the delay, it's because I wrote myself into a dead end. I have plenty of time, I'm just terrible at writing. Is it okay if I just say what happened and let everyone do the story thing?
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 27, 2014, 12:10:59 pm »

They ended up not making it because of the ambush, so I didn't get to offer anything.
I'm sorry for the delay, it's because I wrote myself into a dead end. I have plenty of time, I'm just terrible at writing. Is it okay if I just say what happened and let everyone do the story thing?
It's fine, you don't need to write the whole story. We'll take care of that.  :)

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 27, 2014, 12:22:33 pm »

It's fine, you don't need to write the whole story. We'll take care of that.  :)
I agree.  Maybe something that one of us post will give you an idea for the next part of the story.  My updates aren't fantastic either, I just write how I think my guy would react to the different situations.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 27, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »

I tend to start each turn with a strong idea, and that gradually fades to blow by blow reporting.  No need to worry about it.  It's all just posting for entertaiment.  We are writing DF, not literature here.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 27, 2014, 05:29:38 pm »

Don't worry, I'm too busy here to play DF. So you can continue your literature exercises up to next tuesday, if Maskwolf is ok with that.
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 28, 2014, 02:40:27 am »

I built a wall around the map edge, and then zombies invaded before I finished. Then I had trouble figuring out which lever did what, and apparently a sneaky thief died right in the door that was supposed to seal off the rest of the fort from the entrance. It seems that one of the levers and bridges aren't connected, but I already forgot which ones. Luckily, weapon traps kept the zombies out until I got it figured out.
After that, I just let the markdwarves snipe them from the tower, occasionally opening the gate so they could path closer into shooting range, and the siege ended.
Then the caravan came together with an ambush, and there were two diplomats for some reason. They all got killed before I could send the military out there, since there was unfortunately a defensive wall in the way.
My dwarf is being a tyrant and demanding adamantine furniture, and the masons are making microcline ones and polishing them so they look shiny. She also engraved her overseer office herself, with crappy low quality engravings.
And lastly we had a clothier mood that made... I think it was a thong, but I can't remember.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:42:38 am by Authority2 »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 28, 2014, 04:32:24 am »

I built a wall around the map edge...

Hey, does this mean that migrants won't be able to get into? Remember, we need a king to come in.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 28, 2014, 06:50:41 am »

It only covers the right side, of course, so that things can still come in through the left.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 28, 2014, 07:37:27 am »

It only covers the right side, of course, so that things can still come in through the left.

But, if I am not mistaken, zombie sieges arrive from all sides.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 28, 2014, 01:19:14 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
I went to visit Authority today.  With all these new rules and demands I can see how she got that name!!  It's bad enough having towers giving away the entrance to our hideout, but this wall is even more obvious.  Well, I guess my outdoor drug plantations are to blame also....  Anyway, I asked very nicely for the wall project to stop, and suggested she focus on adding 'bling' around the fortress since we have all this gold laying around.  All the better if there was a nice statue in the training room of me striking a menacing pose next to some dirty Kobold cowards.

Then I tried to cheer Authority up a little about the caravan-
"It isn't the first one that got jumped.  I know it hurts our reputation with the king and all, but it's only a minor slowdown to our scheme."  Letting the plan slip like that was a mistake, so on my way out the door I said that I would come back and break her knees if she doesn't start being nicer to everyone.

---   ---
OOC:
...I had trouble figuring out which lever did what, and apparently a sneaky thief died right in the door that was supposed to seal off the rest of the fort from the entrance. It seems that one of the levers and bridges aren't connected, but I already forgot which ones.
Most levers and bridges should be labled with (N)otes.  The outermost drawbridge didn't have a lever in the dining room as of my last turn, but I think a lever on the surface will still activate it.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44