Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What action should be taken to make this game work better? (For more detail, search for qwerty.)

0: No action
1a: Forbid further players
1b: Forbid further players
2a: Change how long a turn is.
2b: The same but different.
2c: Ditto.
3: Abstract stuff.
4: Finish and summarize.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending  (Read 21559 times)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2013, 11:17:02 pm »

1a, 3, 4.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:47:19 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2013, 12:01:18 am »

5. Never should have gotten more players in the first place. Boot all of them.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2013, 01:20:17 am »

6. Learn to piecewise.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2013, 07:32:08 pm »

((I can't tell if derm is serious or what Pariah means, but an endbringer battle in Worm generally lasted for hours, and only going a minute at a time as a non-combatant would be torturously slow.  Pariah's got a plan (that you're probably going to shoot down), Cado's got something to do (maybe), Scood and Wolfchild are important, but don't seem to have any plans regarding Naga other than stay alive, and derm and myself are going to be doing medwork on people that we probably don't know/ don't care about/ will probably end up arresting anyway.  While I do believe that this could have worked, your apparent schedule suggests that a quick Zion intervention would probably be for the best.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2013, 07:35:57 pm »

(Well ok, so I didn't miss too much))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2013, 10:15:38 pm »

Yup. It was a universal forum outage. Which would be an acceptable name for a rock band.

Let's see...
The poll reports 2 votes for no action, four for 1a, one for 1b, three for 2a, one each for 2c and 2b, six for 3, and three for 4 (one of which was mine).
Players of the main game additionally voted two for 1a, two for 2a, four for 3, and three for 4. Plus one for "booting all new players" and one for "piecewising".

Overall, ending the RP is not a popular option, for reasons that should surprise no one. I will definitely be abstracting stuff, and most if not all people are fine with some version of the other measures.

So! Here are my terms:

1. The turns will represent 10 minutes rather than one. You will now be able to move a whole grid square each turn, barring exceptional exertion or appropriate superpowers!
2. No new players will be entered. I am also considering not starting any parahumans without a trigger event.
3. Actions will be abstracted. Duh.

I'll get to the turn sooner or later.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2013, 10:18:33 pm »

Sounds good with me! Continue, sir GM.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2013, 10:26:07 pm »

((Agreed))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2013, 11:26:31 pm »

((Agreed))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2013, 11:36:56 pm »

So, does this mean that only the original players of the RP get to continue, or will my character get in at some point?

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2013, 11:43:08 pm »

((I have no qualms with the terms.))
...............___@@@__                  

Kazir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2013, 07:18:11 am »

((Sounds good))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2013, 09:53:38 am »

So, does this mean that only the original players of the RP get to continue, or will my character get in at some point?
You will also get to play one Naga is gone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Capes
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2013, 02:42:02 pm »

((Things directly relevant to PCs underlined.))
((Oops, forgot damages. One sec...Done.))

Everyone goes into action. Portals open, people move. The ones without superspeed and who are not portal'd of flown to their destination mostly run along the ground, except Animus of course, who heads out after receiving a density-increasing rune on his arm.
[2] It doesn't stick, sadly.

Firstly, the Evac and Dragoon teams set out. Some of the Evacs and Piasa are helped along by Doorlady, allowing the Dragoons and those they are carrying to quickly begin the fight with Naga, who continues to move onwards. Also aided by portals are Bloody Maria, Carborn, Olethrou Gonos, Summoner, and Tinkerwreck. The two cyborgs quickly engage Naga as well as they can hand-to-hand combat, while Maria looks for wounded to empower herself with.
[1] It...doesn't go well. Tinkerwreck's organic components are quickly exploited, with him being turned to a bloody mess, while Carborn seems in distress before being smashed to pieces with a blow from Naga's head.
[1] Bloody Maria gets struck by a wave from that blow, her sanguinokinesis keeping her blood in her body.

Meanwhile, Olethrou and Summoner begin creating some minions, with Summoner making an eight-foot-tall, five-foot broad scaled person on the same roof as the two and Olethrou making strange versions of Bloody Maria, Lily, and Momentum.

The Bastion capes on-scene begin trying to mitigate damage. Prefab begins dropping some walls to try and contain both Naga and the waves; Shot Lass, Glazier, and Tectonic begin supplementing these efforts with barriers of glass and stone. Aquarius tries to counter Naga's power, and does fairly well for a cape below the top tier. Finally, Lily and her duplicate begin creating barriers of wood and stone. Thalsian tries to figure out what to do.
[4] They do pretty well. While the limitations of not wanting to damage more buildings than needed hamper most of the efforts, they manage to keep Naga from doing terribly much. [6] Aquarius can't keep his eyes off of Argonaut, in pain as he falls to the ground, trying to repair the damage Naga's power did to him.

Meanwhile, evacuation of the shelters begins. Scatterstep begins trying to teleport people out to safety, but between the variability of his power and the lack of good visuals few of them are removed from the shelter. Not that there were many survivors.
Meanwhile, others begin to evacuate the shelters.
[5] Between the teleporters, speedsters, and Doorlady, thousands are rescued from the L6 shelter.
Kinetics finds that her gear has managed to greatly improve her durability...she can run fast for about ten seconds, and could probably increase that with better design. That's a job for tinkers, though. [2]

Blaster, Chlorocannon, Smash Bolt, String-Em-Up, and Wunderwaffe open fire on Naga; Imber shows up in her weaponized for and begins striking it as well.
[1+1] Those blasts that hit have little effect. Even Imber, one of the more powerful Blasters in Toronto, has no effect; it seems that water still beats fire.

Chopper and Cobalt Queen are working on a crude teleporter exit, which will be the exit point of some telepacks. [4] It is almost halfway complete. And very, very blue.

Club Sand shows up and blasts Naga with sand, before running for cover.
[6-1] The sand gets in Naga's eye, blinding it.

Vlad nearly gives up, surrounded by water. Then he feels...something. [6 4] He realizes that he's feeling the water around him, divided into winding segments. He thinks he can control it. Is he a superhero now?

Naga attacks many people, including the entire Phalanx team present. Further attacks:
Argonaut and Prefab: Naga lunges at these two! [4v1,2] Argonaut drops Prefab in surprise before falling himself, trying to recover from the damage Naga dealt to him. Prefab falls, breaking some bones.
Olethrou, Summoner, and her Scaly Guardian: As Naga does so, a massive drop of water rolls off of Naga's tail, gathering stray water as it arcs towards the rooftop where the Zerg team lies! [1] It flies directly over their heads! Hydrokinesis doesn't work so good when you're distracted.
Piasa, Aquarius, Blaster, Lily: Naga launches a blast of water at them! Piasa tries to make a force shield! [3v1] She succeeds, but it is on the wrong side! [5+1v1,6+1,6,2] Aquarius manages to shield himself, while Blaster's armor protects her, but the others...don't make it. And it's an uncomfortable drop, especially for Blaster, who sinks beneath the waves.
Plane Jane, Glazier, Shot Lass, Smash Bolt: Naga sends a number of large droplets of water, each the size of a basketball or beach ball, at them! [4v5,4,5,2] Glazier is stunned; Smash Bolt is knocked out.
Club Sand: Naga strikes Club Sand with the leading edge of a tidal wave! [3+2v6] She manages to maintain her sandy armor and is swept inland!

The wave comes.

It rushes across the ground, held by Naga's hydrokinesis much more. Aside from a (relatively) narrow strip along the lakefront, nearly all the damage was done to the area close to Naga...and very near the PRT headquarters.
And yet, it wasn't just a wave. It was a number of innumerable streams of water, bending around some capes, striking others in the chest. Many died. Others lived.

Spoiler: Capes (click to show/hide)
"Tinkerwreck deceased, G8...Carborn down, G8. Bloody Maria down, G8."
"Argonaut down, G8. Prefab down, G8."
"Tracking Club Sand."
"Naga in G7."
"Piasa deceased, G7. Lily deceased, G7. Blaster down, G7."
"Smash Bolt down, G7. Wave incoming."
"Wave hit. Calculating damages."
"Momentum down, G8. Mover down, F7. Nada down, G7. Rockman down, G7. Shot Lass down, G7. G8 shelter destroyed. H7 shelter damaged. Sectors E8-0, F7-0, G6-8, H-J7-8, and K-L7 show severe water damage."
"Well, that could have been much, much worse. Anyways, Lightshow, Silverhand, Wreckerball, and their teams should be here shortly. Any second now, really. Aside from that...Evacs and anyone else with nothing better to do, mind grabbing some of those capes who are down? They'll appreciate it."

As you can see, I thought of a new way to show where the waves hit. Hopefully the description isn't too far off from what I said last time...I tried to follow the same path, but who knows?
If you need to know where someone is, you can check this spoiler! (I had intended to include the locations originally, but...you know...late-night update.)

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to the bit where I polish off the new capes. This turn took long enough without that, though. I'll get to it ASAP, along with filling out the Chicago, Detroit, and Montreal Protectorate teams who will be arriving.
By the way, any of you who specified hometowns mind if I change them to places closer to where teams are coming from soon?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:48:57 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2013, 04:23:52 pm »

attends to the nearest wounded or downed individuals to give first aid and readjusts his own power set ((3 point power immunity, 1 point blades))
...............___@@@__                  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17