Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What action should be taken to make this game work better? (For more detail, search for qwerty.)

0: No action
1a: Forbid further players
1b: Forbid further players
2a: Change how long a turn is.
2b: The same but different.
2c: Ditto.
3: Abstract stuff.
4: Finish and summarize.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending  (Read 21554 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Name Pending
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2013, 04:20:44 pm »

Yes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2013, 04:32:58 pm »

((Pre Worm update or post?))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2013, 04:49:23 pm »

((Its times like these I miss the mind link bracelets from RotMGs :P ))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2013, 09:55:33 pm »

((Its times like these I miss the mind link bracelets from RotMGs :P ))
((Get the tinker on it. :P))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2013, 07:32:50 am »

((She's busy trying to make super serum, I'm pretty sure that asking her to do something so pedestrian would make her head explode.))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:29:12 pm by MrVoid »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2013, 11:46:34 am »

Also remember that I am primarily a bio tinker. It'd be less mind link and more hive mind.

Well there's an idea...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2013, 11:48:46 am »

There's more than one tinker in Toronto, you know.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2013, 11:50:10 am »

There's also that, yes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2013, 03:43:37 pm »

((Well, Tinkerwreck is dead, Blaster's about to drown, Prefab might be able to do it and Plastic Titan sounds like he wouldn't even stand a chance.  Multask has proven himself massively incompetent with even simple tasks like putting letters in the correct place, or drawing straight lines with a computer.  So really the only people that I would maybe trust with something like mental linking would be Prefab, Chopper and Technitis two of which are serious villians.  All of this also ignores the fact that talking to Selina with them could be very confusing.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

Blaster's armor should protect her for a while, while Multask is basically this universe's Dragon. (I just blamed him for my own screwups.)

EDIT: Hey, I just thought of a justification. You know how Accord's power gets better the more complex a problem is? Multask is kinda like that. He sucks at basic computer programming and mechanics but can make complex machines easily.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:34:19 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2013, 07:10:03 pm »

((How many turns does blaster actually have?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »

*shrugs*

FYI, turn tomorrow. The rest of today is going to be spent either on non-Name Pending stuff or making the rest of the characters coming in this turn.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2013, 08:16:55 pm »

Did you forget this gold?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naga versus Toronto: Hey, An Update!
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2013, 08:24:03 pm »

Did you forget this gold?
I was working on figuring out what all Naga's waves did--ie, the last step--when you posted this.
Even "simplified," this takes a while.

Capes from Detroit, Montreal, and Chicago arrive.

The Archers fire! Energy blasts, rubber strands, chunks of rubble, and even arrows are slung at Naga. [1] Oh dear, friendly fire. Donnerhammer gets taken down by Electric, thanks to the fickle nature of electrical conductivity, before the former can even reach Naga, although Naga swiftly crushes the not-so-invulnerable white supremacist. Chlococannon's gas kills several of Replican's duplicates. String-Em-Up entangles Mechanus.

Hopefully, the Bastion team won't screw up so badly. [4+1v5] They moderate the damage, all the more easily now that they have a pair of notable hydrokinetics, but Naga keeps trying. [v]Vlad decides to try and slow the largest of the waves, discovering that he is controlling "streams" of water in midair, like giant worms or something.

Animus's request has been partly met. He exits the ground, a chunk of concrete and asphalt, and advances towards Naga.[/u]

Bullet, Merrow, Molehill Mountain, Phantasm, Silver Hand, and Vinesnake engage Naga, with MM and Vinesnake trying to impede Naga's movement.
[5v4 overall; Toughness 6,1]
Bullet remains as intact as his invulnerability would indicate, but Molehill Mountain and Vinesnake suffer acute dehydration, followed by exsanguination for MM and regeneration for Vinesnake. The latter slows Naga a bit.
Kinetics dumps her civilian on Bullhit before running towards Naga, who turns its head towards her...

Red Cross gets to healing. Other healers are sent out via Doorlady.
Delphinium is sent to heal Blaster. Thalsian also helps people as best as he can.

Doorlady distributes teleportation devices, some just assembled by Chopper and others, some brought in by Leadfist, are distributed to Evac capes, with instructions to use them to transport civilians to a secure location further inland. Sam helps! Specifically, she takes some people she sees panicking in the street near damaged or destroyed shelters away from the streets and more inland.

Naga continues the assault. [Direct: 2; Waves: 5-2] Naga doesn't manage to do much harm, but it does flatten a few people. Aside from what has been mentioned, it lobs blobs of water at Bloody Maria and Kinetics, although a combination of hydrokinesis and their respective defensive powers makes this trivial.

Spoiler: Capes (click to show/hide)
Announcements:
"More capes have arrived."
"Donnerhammer down, G7. Donnerhammer deceased, G7. Vinesnake down, G7."
"Mechanus down, G7. Molehill Mountain deceased, G7."
"Vinesnake up, G7."
"Prefab up, G8. Mover up, F7. Bloody Maria up, G8. Nada up, G7."
"Replican deceased, G7. Replican deceased, G7. Replican deceased, G7. Replican deceased, G7. Replican deceased, G7. Replican deceased, G7. Replican deceased, G7. Replican deceased, G6. Replican deceased, G6."
"False alarm. The original Replican is still alive."
"Wave hit. Calculating damages."
"L6 shelter destroyed. J7 shelter damaged. Sectors D0, E9-0, H8, I7-9, J-K6-7, L5-7, M4-5, and N-O4 show severe water damage. No cape casualties."
"That could have gone much, much worse. Good job, Aquarius, Michigan Man, and the nonhydrokinetic Bastion capes. You should be proud."

Well then.

I included some supers from a previous superhero RtD. How many (other than Leadfist, he's easy) can you recognize?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:25:38 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2013, 09:55:38 pm »

If the water is shallow enough, Delphinium attempts to lift blaster's torso out of the water to allow her to breathe, otherwise call for backup.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17