Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 232

Author Topic: Space Thread  (Read 290305 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Space Thread
« Reply #2340 on: June 22, 2017, 12:55:04 pm »

KIC 8462852 has dimmed again.
They're powering up the Starkiller.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: June 22, 2017, 03:07:51 pm »

Luckily de hav.... Oh crap we killed Hand Solo... well it was nice to know you guys.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: June 22, 2017, 03:14:21 pm »

Hand solo sounds like a very descriptive euphemism for masturbation
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: June 22, 2017, 03:42:50 pm »

Hahahaha damn autocorrect. What's weird is that it's in spanish and I'm sure hand is not a spanish word.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: June 22, 2017, 05:31:17 pm »

Hahahaha damn autocorrect. What's weird is that it's in spanish and I'm sure hand is not a spanish word.
Not today it isn't, but maño na?
Attempting a oontrived pun in a foreign tongue...  Probably failed.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: June 22, 2017, 07:51:22 pm »

That sounded more like a jojo stand name than spanish.

MANO NA
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: June 22, 2017, 10:41:21 pm »

If a Jupiter-sized (Or larger) planet got flung into space, its moons could conceivably have life similar to what we might hope to find on Europa---supported by volcanic vents on the ocean floor, which are themselves created by the tidal forces of the large planet's gravity flexing the moon.
With large enough moons and a deep enough atmosphere you'd have a few million years possibly before the KH heating died out.

As for KIC 8675309 (I GOT IT!) that's fascinating, I look forward to the enhanced attention it will get this time.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: June 22, 2017, 10:43:57 pm »

I'm sure it's just a coincidence and not Pathos' Space Empire refiling their Annihilator Fleet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: June 23, 2017, 05:02:20 am »

I dunno, maybe it could be a dense asteroid cluster or gas clouds that are passing by or somewhat rapidly and erraticly orbiting the star.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: June 23, 2017, 06:35:15 am »

You say that as of that's not also very interesting.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: June 23, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »

Well, not eveything is fun and games and unfathomable cosmic horrors coming to drink the life of or sun and the souls of our bodies.

monkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: June 25, 2017, 03:41:00 pm »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: June 25, 2017, 05:33:47 pm »

I still get a little choked up hearing them crackle and pop away into the sky, I was heartbroken watching the last shuttle launch a few years back.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: June 27, 2017, 10:51:44 am »

Probably the best method would be using earth to give gravity assists to millions of asteroids, slowly changing earth's orbit. Especially since you can give a gravity assist multiple times.
You naive fool, all we need is Archimedes with a really long hammer...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: June 27, 2017, 10:59:06 am »

Probably the best method would be using earth to give gravity assists to millions of asteroids, slowly changing earth's orbit. Especially since you can give a gravity assist multiple times.
You naive fool, all we need is Archimedes with a really long hammer...

"Archimedes Really Long Hammer" sounds like an excellent name for a big asteroid.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 232