Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1088201 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: A long story
« Reply #6915 on: September 13, 2017, 04:39:27 pm »

Name: Napoleon "Doll Prince" Lambeau

Ability: Napoleon has the ability to summon and control animated dolls to aid him in combat. Each doll can be consciously shaped according to whatever task is needed to be done and are connected to Napoleon by a hive mind, allowing him to see through each doll's eyes, speak through them, and remotely control and shape them among other things. Though Napoleon can create as many as he want and they can be grown into any size ranging from 3 inches to 4 feet, he would get burned out more quickly if many of his dolls are big or if they are too numerous.

Appearance: A ~200 year old Caucasian male dressed in dollish 18th century red and gold noble attire, complete with black shoe,  white sockings, knee high baggy pantaloons, and long-sleeved long coat. Wearing a crown, his skin has a strange sheen that looks almost as if it was made of painted porcelain. His curly blonde hair seems to do little to distract people away from his rarely blinking green eyes. He appears younger than he really is, looking to be 24 years of age.

Quote: "After all, I am the Doll Prince and I...."

Personality: A young French-American man with a superiority complex, Napoleon tends to look down on others whether they are his allies or enemies. Even if he doesn't wisecrack his opinions, Napoleon is almost always certain to nitpick their supposed inadequacies. Napoleon is also calculating and observant, looking for ways to turn any situation to his advantage on and off the battlefield. He is also secretly playful, using his dolls to perform tricks and to prank others. However, his superiority complex unsurprisingly hides the fact that he feels inadequate at times himself. Also, one must take care not to poke too much fun at the absurdity of his ability or worse compare him to his deceased father or insult his mother.

Biography:

Born in the early 19th century and the youngest child in a family of six, Napoleon have always wanted to stand out instead of living in the shadow of his three sisters. However, being anything but the proverbial invisible child is harder that it seems and Napoleon often found himself being out-competed by them. This wasn't helped by his father, who seemed to be very big on achievements and felt that Napoleon was a disappointment. As a result, this became what drove a wedge between Napoleon and his father during his adolescence.

After a particularly fierce argument, Napoleon decided to move into his own place. In addition to his belongings, Napoleon also took with him a porcelain doll that his mother gave to him on his birthday. It was dressed in red and gold finery that wouldn't look out of place on a dollish nobleman. On its head sat a beautiful crown. Napoleon cherished this gift very much because not only did he loved dolls but he knew that his mother was the only one who loved him for who he is. During his youth, he'd often pretended that he was a prince, just like that doll, who ruled a mighty estate. He imagined armies marching and fighting at his command and dozens of servants attending to his every need. He imagined that he was the greatest of men who will be looked up to by peoples of every nation. Needlessly to say, what happened later was nothing short of irony.

Setting the doll on a table, Napoleon noticed a glyph etched onto the crown that he didn't notice before. Curious, he detached the crown from the doll's head and placed it upon his own. Immediately, the doll exploded into a cloud of dust that filled the room. Before Napoleon could process what happened, he suddenly underwent a transformation. As Napoleon struggled against the transformation, the crown formed some sort of link with him in which it would reappear on his head if he tried to get rid of it or set it down. His skin begin to obtain a peculiar sheen and composition that would characterize his appearance centuries later, his eyes became almost as unblinking as those of a doll, and his clothes morphed into those resembling those of the doll prince, something that would keep happening no matter what he tried to put on. Finally, a psyche formed in his brain, a collection of tiny minds connected with his own like the appendages of a single organism and the will to give them any form and substance he chooses. By the time the dust finally settled, Napoleon emerged a changed man, a man destined for greater things or so he'd like to believe. Regardless, the Doll Prince has arrived.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:32:43 pm by Sir Elventide »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: September 13, 2017, 05:44:22 pm »

Alan's eyes temporarily become windows into infinity. His face grows haggard and his cheeks hollow to a near skeletal state as a terrified wheezing moan trickles out of his lungs, growing over the next thirty or so seconds into a steady "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" before it abruptly cuts off and he returns to normal like nothing ever happened. "Sorry about that, bud, just rebooted my consciousness after being frozen in the timeless abyss of endless eternity for two and a half seconds there," he cheerily explains. He takes hold of the bottle of alcohol and uses a splash or two to wash his face for some reason. "Anyway, yeah sounds fun! What d'ya think we should do first, bucko?"

Alan agrees to participate in this new friend's fiendish devilry (without having any real understanding of the implications, of course)!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: September 13, 2017, 07:23:45 pm »

<San, could you get some food for River please? erm, the puppy. His name's River.>
((Also because we now have telepathy talks, all <> are to Irine :3))
<Remember that San can't do telepathy like us?>
"River!"
Theri said, as she held up the cutest of puppies. "Can you find something for this good friend, San? He's hungry and probably needs some nourishment after his trip."

Can't talk much buddy? I missed you a lot! ...Nor could I sense you from anywhere else and yet you snuck up on me.
Oh you!

<Irine, since its early morning and we're awake far before the usual time, can you check on that soulsphere and River, from a distance of course?>

Focus on communication with River, give him lots of time and relaxation while trying to get his story--no pressure or rush. Just spend the early morning resting it out with best puppy friend River.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: September 13, 2017, 08:21:59 pm »

To Theri:<I'm not using a commwire Theri, I'm using my own innate telepathy. San can 'hear' me just fine.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: September 13, 2017, 10:25:57 pm »

((Starship mission, new mission, either one works for me, Paris. My solution to any problem in any mission is the same, anyway. It seems like that one solution would be repetitive, but then it always ends up being so rewarding.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: September 14, 2017, 03:08:23 pm »

Name: TS - 1034, (TS standing for Test Subject), or as she prefers, "Tess".
Ability: Proportional-Range Object Manipulation - Effectively, a very modified Telekinesis. By "marking" two objects as "left" and "right", [placeholder] can then control the two objects in relation to each other by manipulating the hand that each object is "marked" to. Objects will move, or rather feel an accelerating force, in proportion to the distance that the hand is moved in regards to the distance between both hands and both objects.
Appearance: A young girl, seemingly around 14 or 15. Her blonde hair is only growing out after being buzzed, and reaches her chin. Her brown eyes are full of wonder, but are also surprisingly steely, as if she's already losing some of her innocent outlook on the world. She stands rather short compared to adults, but not any shorter than would be expected of a girl of her age.
Bio/Personality info: VX -014a, or "Veroxilyn", was the pinnacle of chemical sciences, a drug that gave those that consumed it special abilities, with the granted ability varying by the condition that the drug was administered in. If it was administered in a warm room, a cold room, a room full of water, in a forest, or in incredibly cramped conditions; it seemed the drug attempted to refine the body into a more fit state to survive in the conditions it was administered in. The effects of this drug betrayed all previous concepts of science, and would have caused a wide-spread paradigm shift if its existence was ever made public- which it wasn't. Testing of the drug was kept classified, operating on orphaned children to gain a better understanding of how it operated. This is where Tess came in.
It's not like the scientists were cruel to the children; they simply forced themselves to detach the test subjects from the concept of humanity, allowing it to be much easier to confine them. Tess was the 1035th individual injected with the drug (despite being the 1034th subject, as the 654th subject did not survive injection and as such a new subject 654 was chosen), and was granted her powers as a result. Afterwards, she was monitored in the controlled climate of the testing facility. This continued for only a few weeks before the 1068th individual injected with the drug, TS - 1067, was found to have the ability to create portals. What followed was a large-scale break-out event, as some of the earlier test subjects were starting to go insane due to their captivity, and desired freedom. They utilized TS - 1067's portals to escape, and Tess followed as she feared she might be euthanized once the facility's staff had recovered. The portal of subject 1067 teleported those who went through it to a random destination, and they could not return from it- the moment Tess entered the portal, she made her first meeting with an entity.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6921 on: September 15, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »

((I forget if we still have commwires. Nikolai and Ike do, right?))

Campaign, Ike!

Oh boy, conspiring out in the open. How delightfully brazen!

Signal to Nikolai.

<Gonna need some backup here, bud. Follow me - I've got a perp to catch and probably some guards to disembowel on the way. Tell that Headwater dude that Griman's about to do some serious coup shit and that he ought to get some of his more loyal guards over here just in case.>

Follow that perp! If good-natured obstacles get in my way, inform them that I've been nearly bursting for three hours at this point and am about to piss myself if they don't get the hell out of my way. If that doesn't work, elbow them out of my way after giving this excellent excuse.

If I catch up to him, distract him with some bullshit such as:

"Hey, dude! Yeah, you! Everything's going as planned, I'll have that thing you asked for ready in no time at all!"
You move after the man as quickly as you can, gently pushing people out of the way. He notices you coming after him and tries to move faster, but you easily weave through the crowd and catch up to him.
"Hey, dude! Yeah, you! Everything's going as planned, I'll have that thing you asked for ready in no time at all!" you say as you catch up to him in a mostly empty hallway close to the meeting room.
He freezes and puts his back against the wall.
"W-who are you? I don't know you. I didn't ask you to steal anything."

Nikolai sprints away from the record keeper without saying a word. He nearly runs into the Headwater.
"Getyourloyalguards. Griman coup. Shits hitting fan!"
Then he runs after Ike, trying to find an improvised weapon along the way.
You sprint through the crowd, making quite a scene and almost tackle the Headwater, shoving away the people who have approached to speak to him in the process. You spout your warning and then start running in the opposite direction. Too surprised to respond immediately, you hear the Headwater shouting his response a few seconds after you're gone: "Then get me a witness or some evidence! I can't do anything without without proof!"
Let's see if there are any handy weapons around... Well, one of the Masters has a cane, you could probably take it from him and use it to hit someone in the head. Or you could maybe enlarge those scissors you're carrying and hope you get some sort of murder device. Or use the pair of scissors to craft one of your trademark slings. Or just take a can of red bull and Tsar it while throwing it on someone. Or maybe put two cans of Red Bull on either side of who you want to kill and then enlarge them to crush him. Or any other combination you want. The possibilities for improvised weapons are... well, not endless but a lot.

Alan's eyes temporarily become windows into infinity. His face grows haggard and his cheeks hollow to a near skeletal state as a terrified wheezing moan trickles out of his lungs, growing over the next thirty or so seconds into a steady "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" before it abruptly cuts off and he returns to normal like nothing ever happened. "Sorry about that, bud, just rebooted my consciousness after being frozen in the timeless abyss of endless eternity for two and a half seconds there," he cheerily explains. He takes hold of the bottle of alcohol and uses a splash or two to wash his face for some reason. "Anyway, yeah sounds fun! What d'ya think we should do first, bucko?"

Alan agrees to participate in this new friend's fiendish devilry (without having any real understanding of the implications, of course)!
Please wait, Alan is installing updates...
Alan might restart several times while this occurs.

"Haha! Yeah! This will be a heist that will forever live in history!"

Brad breaks a stick off the rotten shrub and starts drawing a crude map of Chizra.
Spoiler: Crude Map (click to show/hide)
He points his stick at the inner wall.
"Well, first thing first, we are going to need a distraction that will allow us to reach and enter the temple. There's already going to be a raid to steal food, so that could be enough. But we could always help with that. We could just break the gates of the inner wall open to allow the raiders to enter more easily and add to their momentum. Or the inner wall itself if you can summon something that can blow up. Or you could summon some sort of thing that attracts attention. Maybe something that makes a lot of noise?"

<San, could you get some food for River please? erm, the puppy. His name's River.>
"Oh, sure."
San digs through your supplies and finds a fatty piece of meat, probably used to feeding animals the less edible parts that result from butchery. He approaches River, now being held by Theri and extends his hand towards him. River smells it for a second before quickly gulping it down and then licking San's hand to make sure there's nothing he missed.
"Ha. Nice doggy." he says as he pets him on the head with his free hand.

((Also because we now have telepathy talks, all <> are to Irine :3))
<Remember that San can't do telepathy like us?>
"River!"
Theri said, as she held up the cutest of puppies. "Can you find something for this good friend, San? He's hungry and probably needs some nourishment after his trip."

Can't talk much buddy? I missed you a lot! ...Nor could I sense you from anywhere else and yet you snuck up on me.
Oh you!

<Irine, since its early morning and we're awake far before the usual time, can you check on that soulsphere and River, from a distance of course?>

Focus on communication with River, give him lots of time and relaxation while trying to get his story--no pressure or rush. Just spend the early morning resting it out with best puppy friend River.
You can feel River's gratitude towards you and Irine.

After he has eaten, you gently question River on what happened. There's something he is trying to communicate to you about the past, about protecting someone, but the memory isn't very clear. There's only the concept of protecting there, amongst the fragments. Then there is a memory of those bird monsters coming towards him, much clearer then the other. Yet his fear is overshadowed by anger and disgust, so he is not hiding, not immediately. Finally, there is the memory of the birds leaving accompanied with anger and pain and the desire to protect. The memory stops but the desire to protect remains. <More.> he warns you. After a while he asks <Ike?>

I guess the mission that wasn't the campaign is pretty much gone after this break, as it hadn't properly started before.
I've still got the maps and plans for it. Just giving you a chance to choose a new one, if you want to and some time for new players to join. Otherwise we go ahead with it.

((Well I mean, my character hasn't even been INTRODUCED INTO THE GAME yet.))
I dunno man, whatever works for you. Would you be happier if you poofed into existence and then disappeared?

((Wait what. Well okay then. Glad to see you're back. So... are we doing the spaceship mission now? And did I ever get the opportunity to spend my points for killing that worm thingy?))
I don't remember, let me check... Yeah, you got your Minecart thing now. I'm probably going to reference DBZA the first time you use it.

And yes, we're doing the mission, unless you (plural) want a different one.

((Starship mission, new mission, either one works for me, Paris. My solution to any problem in any mission is the same, anyway. It seems like that one solution would be repetitive, but then it always ends up being so rewarding.))
Well, you know what they say. When all you have is a bomb... everyone should try to keep their distance.

Name: Napoleon "Doll Prince" Lambeau

Ability: Napoleon has the ability to summon and control animated dolls to aid him in combat. Each doll can be consciously shaped according to whatever task is needed to be done and are connected to Napoleon by a hive mind, allowing him to see through each doll's eyes, speak through them, and remotely control and shape them. Though Napoleon can create as many as he want and they can be grown into any size ranging from 3 inches to 4 feet, he would get burned out more quickly if many of his dolls are big or if they are too numerous.

Appearance: A ~200 year old Caucasian male dressed in 18th century red and gold noble attire. Wearing a crown, his skin has a strange sheen that looks almost as if it was made of painted porcelain. His curly blonde hair seems to do little to distract people away from his rarely blinking blue eyes. He appears younger than he really are, around 24 years of age.

Quote: "The next time you pick a fight with a man who plays with dolls, please remember that he can also utterly destroy you with them."

Personality: A young French-American man with a superiority complex, Napoleon tends to look down on others whether they are his allies or enemies. Even if he doesn't wisecrack his opinions, Napoleon is almost always certain to nitpick their supposed inadequacies. Napoleon is also calculating and observant, looking for ways to turn any situation to his advantage on and off the battlefield. He is also secretly playful, using his dolls to perform tricks and to prank others. However, his superiority complex unsurprisingly hides the fact that he feels inadequate at times himself. Also, one must take care not to poke too much fun at the absurdity of his ability or worse compare him to his deceased father.

Biography:

Born in the early 19th century and the youngest child in a family of six, Napoleon have always wanted to stand out instead of living in the shadow of his three sisters. However, being anything but the proverbial invisible child is harder that it seems and Napoleon often found himself being out-competed by them. This wasn't helped by his father, who seemed to be very big on achievements and felt that Napoleon was a disappointment. As a result, this became what drove a wedge between Napoleon and his father during his adolescence.

After a particularly fierce argument, Napoleon decided to move into his own place. In addition to his belongings, Napoleon also took with him a porcelain doll that his mother gave to him on his birthday. It was dressed in red and gold finery that wouldn't look out of place on a French nobleman. On its head sat a beautiful crown. Napoleon cherished this gift very much because not only did he loved dolls but he knew that his mother was the only one who loved him for who he is. During his youth, he'd often pretended that he was a prince, just like that doll, who ruled a mighty estate. He imagined armies marching and fighting on his command and dozens of servants attending to his every need. He imagined that he was the greatest of men who would be looked up to by peoples of every nation. Needlessly to say, what happened later was nothing short of irony.

Setting the doll on a table, Napoleon noticed a glyph etched onto the crown that he didn't notice before. Curious, he detached the crown from the doll's head and placed it upon his own. Immediately, the doll exploded into a cloud of dust that filled the room. Before Napoleon could process what happened, he suddenly underwent a transformation. As Napoleon struggled against the transformation, the crown formed some sort of link with him in which it would reappear on his head if he tried to get rid of it or set it down. His skin begin to obtain a peculiar sheen and composition that would characterize his appearance centuries later and his clothes morphed into those resembling those of the doll prince, something that would keep happening no matter what he tried to put on. Finally, a psyche formed in his brain, a collection of tiny minds connected with his own like the appendages of a single organism and the will to give them any form and substance he chooses. By the time the dust finally settled, Napoleon emerged a changed man, a man destined for greater things or so he'd like to believe. Regardless, the Doll Prince has arrived.
Sounds fun. I like both the ability and the character behind it. Just a couple of question so I can finish the character generation and make the appropriate rolls. Are dolls permanent and completely under your control once summoned or do they require constant effort? I mean, if you overextend yourself or become unconscious they will disappear or become inanimate or start acting on their own? And when you say shape them after creating them, you mean changing them to any other doll-like configuration you want? Does that mean they can be destroyed/desummoned at will or are they permanent unless someone else destroys them?

Name: TS - 1034, (TS standing for Test Subject), or as she prefers, "Tess".
Ability: Proportional-Range Object Manipulation - Effectively, a very modified Telekinesis. By "marking" two objects as "left" and "right", [placeholder] can then control the two objects in relation to each other by manipulating the hand that each object is "marked" to. Objects will move, or rather feel an accelerating force, in proportion to the distance that the hand is moved in regards to the distance between both hands and both objects.
Appearance: A young girl, seemingly around 14 or 15. Her blonde hair is only growing out after being buzzed, and reaches her chin. Her brown eyes are full of wonder, but are also surprisingly steely, as if she's already losing some of her innocent outlook on the world. She stands rather short compared to adults, but not any shorter than would be expected of a girl of her age.
Bio/Personality info: VX -014a, or "Veroxilyn", was the pinnacle of chemical sciences, a drug that gave those that consumed it special abilities, with the granted ability varying by the condition that the drug was administered in. If it was administered in a warm room, a cold room, a room full of water, in a forest, or in incredibly cramped conditions; it seemed the drug attempted to refine the body into a more fit state to survive in the conditions it was administered in. The effects of this drug betrayed all previous concepts of science, and would have caused a wide-spread paradigm shift if its existence was ever made public- which it wasn't. Testing of the drug was kept classified, operating on orphaned children to gain a better understanding of how it operated. This is where Tess came in.
It's not like the scientists were cruel to the children; they simply forced themselves to detach the test subjects from the concept of humanity, allowing it to be much easier to confine them. Tess was the 1035th individual injected with the drug (despite being the 1034th subject, as the 654th subject did not survive injection and as such a new subject 654 was chosen), and was granted her powers as a result. Afterwards, she was monitored in the controlled climate of the testing facility. This continued for only a few weeks before the 1068th individual injected with the drug, TS - 1067, was found to have the ability to create portals. What followed was a large-scale break-out event, as some of the earlier test subjects were starting to go insane due to their captivity, and desired freedom. They utilized TS - 1067's portals to escape, and Tess followed as she feared she might be euthanized once the facility's staff had recovered. The portal of subject 1067 teleported those who went through it to a random destination, and they could not return from it- the moment Tess entered the portal, she made her first meeting with an entity.
You slide through the portal's twists and turns, somewhat surprised by how smooth and slippery it feels, almost as if you're going through ice. You didn't know exactly what to expect when you made the decision to go through. You tumble through the air, fall on the roof of a car and then tumble on the road. You hear the car behind it screeching to a stop and swerving to avoid hitting you. It stops with the driver's side inches away from your face.

In the time it took you to take a couple of breaths, you see something else falling through the hole in the sky above you. You watch for a few moments, still too shocked from the impact and the fact that you are seeing the outside world to react. For the few moments you can see it, it looks like a man that has his arms and legs split into two at the knee and elbow, becoming two extremely long legs that stab into the ground with their rather sharp ends. It looks like a giant spider, but instead of a spider's body there is a human torso and a human head in the centre of all those legs. You hear it land on the other side of the car, the vehicle momentarily hiding it from view.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:59:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: September 15, 2017, 03:07:17 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike walks up to the fellow and stares him down.

"You'd think you would be a bit better at lying in your line of work, buddy boy. I never forget a stench." He inhales for effect. "Pretty heady mix you got there."

"Anyway, you got two options here. Either you try to find those guards your buddy in the main hall told you about and I unfortunately have to cut your head off on the spot, or you come along with me and repeat the conversation you two had to the Headwater and you get to walk away. I wouldn't be entirely unhappy either way, so I leave the decision up to you. You don't strike me as the kind who'd be dumb enough to persist in the face of some long odds, hence why I haven't gutted you already. Always better to make new friends, that's what I always say."

Be entirely ready to remain true to my word and fuck this guy up in six different ways if he tries anything. Or, if he were to see reason, lead him quietly back to the Headwater to blow this conspiracy wide open.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: September 15, 2017, 03:08:12 pm »

<Ike is fine, he, Nik, Alan, and Zech all went on a detour with a group of refugees to see if they could get useful information or equipment out of a water monastery not far back. We're going to turn around and regroup with them soon, we wanted to scout ahead a bit. Or, well, I did, and Theri and San chose to go with me.>
after a moment where I remember River's mind might not be in good shape to handle complicated concepts right now, I follow up with.
<Everyone is okay, and we'll be meeting them soon.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: September 15, 2017, 03:09:33 pm »

Tess, introduction?

Tess was terrified. This was a mistake. A mistake, a mistake, a mistake. After a moment, she taps the car's undercarriage with her left hand, then rises to a crouching and dashes in the opposite direction from the... thing. She's careful not to touch anything with her right hand.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:34:24 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: September 15, 2017, 03:32:09 pm »

((
I dunno man, whatever works for you. Would you be happier if you poofed into existence and then disappeared?
It's not that, I THINK I'm going to go in as Logan, as I haven't thought of any better ideas yet, and he was an unusually fleshed out character for being made by me on such short notice.(the "by me" is the main contributing factor there to why it's unusual)

It's just me bringing up how I hadn't even begun playing yet in the first place, so I wouldn't even be dropping out or switching characters if I were to decide to do either of those things.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: September 15, 2017, 04:01:59 pm »

{Allrighty then, no sense in wasting a map.}

<Svajoklis, Starting area>

Go find the best seat on the ship and claim it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: September 15, 2017, 05:12:22 pm »

Kosak Durar:

To the ship!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: September 15, 2017, 05:21:55 pm »

Sounds fun. I like both the ability and the character behind it. Just a couple of question so I can finish the character generation and make the appropriate rolls. Are dolls permanent and completely under your control once summoned or do they require constant effort? I mean, if you overextend yourself or become unconscious they will disappear or become inanimate or start acting on their own? And when you say shape them after creating them, you mean changing them to any other doll-like configuration you want? Does that mean they can be destroyed/desummoned at will or are they permanent unless someone else destroys them?

1. Controlling the dolls do require constant effort, meaning that if Napoleon is taken out or overexerts himself, they will crumble to dust.

2. Concerning the ability to morph the dolls according to what situation is at hand, perhaps I should've said 'mutate' instead. For example, if something needs to be taken from a shelf that he cannot reach. Napoleon would either cause a doll to morph its fingers into claws to scale the walls or to grow wings to fly up to it. Once the doll reaches the object and push it off the shelf, a few more dolls would be waiting at the bottom, already mutating to become softer in order to catch the object without breaking it. However, they are unable to be mutated to gain new powers.

3. They can be desummoned at will.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: September 15, 2017, 07:30:37 pm »

Staging Area.

Well, only one way to start this right.

"Hey Roger!  One more of your ciders for the road?  Can't leave out without a nice drink."

One for the road; quick goodbye to Roger and then hit the ship.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 521