Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 113893 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 1 has begun | Act I: Prelude
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2014, 11:03:13 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBB!
Alright, done.

Mess up all you want. That's why I'm here. So I can feel superior So I can help new people. Same with Makeinu, Persus, and Nerjin. Anyone who's played before will try to help you.

Exactly. As strange as my behaviour has been this game, it's all been about teaching. Believe it or not.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2014, 06:01:18 am »

"Sometimes, we are afraid to act; we fear that by our actions, we cause harm on vague reason, yet by not acting, we also go down another path: the neutral path. The idle journey."

A cold wind catches up and breezes through the city. The young girl gripped her coat tighter as she looked down upon the stage.

"Da, what's happening? The music is changing again."
"We're moving into general history now my child. Sooner or later, what we'll be seeing is what once was, instead of speculation."
"So no more colors and flashy lights? I liked that part."
"You'll be seeing those. Just not what we saw before."

Day 1 has begun and will end at January 8, 2013 [Wednesday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

2 Hours remain in the day

Extension requests: 2
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day
There is ONE possible extension remaining today.

Praise be, for zombie urist's LurkerTracker!

I'll be locking the thread when day ends and will resume the day on Friday; 9am, due to me predicting a lapse in time from day end, and when it'll be written due to RL stuff.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2014, 09:16:29 am »

Ah well, brought this on myself.

Longer explanation (as IC-in-training) later, if Tiruin will let me ;)
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Night 1 has begun | Act I: Epilogue
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2014, 10:31:29 am »

"Love and loss. While we wish for utopia, it is by standing upon our shortcomings and looking back to our climb to where we are today that we can truly appreciate who we are, as people."

The family looks down at the stage, and as if in acknowledgement of the eyes of the masses--of their anticipation--the web turns into a diaphanous white, shimmering against the many lights in the audience. It continues like so, before fading into the planet.

A few cries are heard--cries of surprise and amazement--as a shroud is broken and the planet is viewed anew. Remains, ruins and relics of the Mythical Era appear, and with their place coexisted the civilizations, both old and new. The arid wasteland that once was, was only an illusion crafted from the lore of ancient past, and many were fooled henceforth.

Before their very eyes, the civilizations grew and spread throughout the land. The land, itself, broke into parts, spreading under shifting banners and the tides grew noisy, a raucous voice speaking against those who once lived in mutuality now going their own separate ways. Visions of war: of weapons brandished in arms, of soldiers marching in formation and of conquest of lands and liberty are seen.

Above the planet appears the faint visage of a masked man, dressed as dark as night, and as black as any shadow against the light. And he spake onto the people, saying, Sentience was our gift that separated us from our others. Governance was our duty. To make use of what was around us. We invented ships to cross the earth, unhindered by the tides or the seas. We invented buildings to rise to the heavens, and cross the skies with our wings. We invented light to see in the darkest of depths.

Yet all we made, was a reaction to what was present, and we wanted. With every benefit, there soon came a problem, and we overlooked. We invented ways to solve problems, yet we did not understand what those problems were. We saw obstacles, hindrances and troubles. Dangers and monsters were what came to exist.

We created our own problems, by not looking towards our solutions. This is the Age of Storms, where discovery was at its peak. Where the storms grew, and where tensions were strained.

==+=++=+==
With that, the man vanished and the civilizations turned against each other. This is the third act. The prelude to the third age.

Night 1 has begun and will end at January 10, 2013 [Friday]  9:00 am [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 2

4 votes needed to extend the day
There is ONE possible extension remaining today.

makeinu has been lynched! He was a Vanilla Mafioso!

makeinu
The Court has set the stage, and you play the role of the Shade. Taking the role of a being of shadow, you resemble the aspect of knowledge, information and intellect deep within the weave of society. The role of the simple Shade is always under that of another color, giving variety to the different aspects of the visible spectrum, and a direct relative to the caste of Light, though always on a darker level than your origin.

You are of the Mafia Faction! You have access to the shared Nightkill of your faction. You may scheme and discuss privately with your allies here

Wincondition: You win when the TOWN faction has equal or less players than your faction!

The game has entered the night phase. No person may post during the night phase and the thread will be locked to ensure such.

Please submit your actions via PM, if any. The Night will end at the time stated or until all probable actions are sent in.

~If any personal modifications to the planet at this certain era is wanted--please do send in that request. Flavoring hasn't been this fun!~

Ah well, brought this on myself.

Longer explanation (as IC-in-training) later, if Tiruin will let me ;)
After game, ya silly cat! :3
Rest now, sleep well, and talk with your civilian tone, for your time is up. The play will resume.

Yes, night lasts ~1+ days despite what the OP says. For everyone's rest and leisure.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:23:45 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 2 has begun | Act II: Introductions
« Reply #274 on: January 09, 2014, 08:22:40 pm »

[Flavor placed here]

• Superblackcat -
  • mastahcheese -
  • Sinlessmoon -
  • Jembot -
  • Persus13 -
  • Pufferfish -
  • MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • Nerjin -
  • Not Voting: Y'all.

Day 2 has begun and will end at January 15, 2013 [Wednesday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
There are two possible extensions remaining today.

Guess I'm too busy to flavor it up now.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:50:34 pm by Tiruin »

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 2 has begun | Act II: Unraveling
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2014, 09:32:13 pm »

Buh...

I regret nothing!

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:32 pm »

Praise be: for the JKer!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »

Praise be: for the JKer!
Yeah, I actually had to reread that twice, because I was like "wait, who died? I think we're all here..." before realizing that we must have had an excellent doctor.
Impeccable work, good sir or madam! We're off to an excellent start.

Ok, new reads for the new day!

•Superblackcat - You've been doing a great job of being active, and have pressed issues well, as well as demanding clarity from your target. I say you're a high probability of being town.
•Sinlessmoon - You're doing better about being active, hopefully the new day will inspire you to draw conclusions and ask questions. Can't get a good read yet. Kinda feeling a town vibe, though.
Jembot - You're still doing a pretty terrible job of being active. I'm reluctant to say scum, but you're lurking.
•Persus13 - I feel like you've been a little more... reactive at times, but you've jumped on opportunities well, so I can tell you're definitely paying attention for logic lapses. I'm reading you as town, for now.
Pufferfish - Dang it, where are you? I've forgotten you're even in this multiple times now. Post, dang it, you lurker!
•MyOwnWorstEnemy - You're doing better at being active, at least. Stop feeling nervous and afraid, and get out here! So far I think you're reluctant town.
•Nerjin - Our surviving IC has been rather absent as of late, but at least he's been excusing himself for it on the times he's been able to show, and trying to participate when he can. I'm reading a busy signal.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2014, 12:34:07 am »

Alright, I was waiting for him to flip town... My heart was about to blow.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2014, 12:58:39 am »

Alright, I was waiting for him to flip town... My heart was about to blow.
You weren't the only one. I was also flipping out over who was going to get killed in the night.

Now to find the other one... and with not much in the way of evidence, either.
The Derail Thread

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2014, 01:01:04 am »

Well... The JK had a 50/50 chance. He might have blocked mafia, or protected mafia kill.

That being said. DO NOT OUT YET. Wait for the day to be more on its way. Even then, use your own judgement.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 10, 2014, 01:07:19 am »

Well... The JK had a 50/50 chance. He might have blocked mafia, or protected mafia kill.

That being said. DO NOT OUT YET. Wait for the day to be more on its way. Even then, use your own judgement.
Oh, I thought we were using a doctor, I forgot we were using jailkeeper. Hmm.
And yes, DON'T OUT. That would be a very bad idea right now.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2014, 09:07:38 am »

D2 is here! Either scum went with a NL (which I doubt) or our JKer picked the right person to roleblock/protect.

•Persus13 - I feel like you've been a little more... reactive at times, but you've jumped on opportunities well, so I can tell you're definitely paying attention for logic lapses. I'm reading you as town, for now.
I tend to be pretty reactive, yeah. It's partly because I hate RVS.

Oh, I thought we were using a doctor, I forgot we were using jailkeeper. Hmm.
And yes, DON'T OUT. That would be a very bad idea right now.
I agree with this.

Anyway, so today I recommend rereading the thread, and looking at interactions with Makeinu.

MOWE, why did you vote Makeinu yesterday?

Jembot: I'd love to hear some activity from you.

Nerjin: Activity from you would also be cool.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2014, 10:39:37 am »

Persus:
MOWE, why did you vote Makeinu yesterday?

I voted makeinu because he was the scummiest person in my opinion. If you recall, I had suspicions that he was scum long before I voted him. I said that something seemed off about him. After his comment on "town hunting" I decided he was the most scummy. I offered him the chance to clarify what he said. He didn't take it so the vote stayed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2014, 11:35:11 am »

Alrighty, another huge read then. Keep in mind, please, that though I might not post often I try to make posts I do make count. I’ll try to address that better further on in my “Read-a-palooza” Pt. 3

Addendum: Since it is now Day 2 it might be a good idea to go back and see who voted whom and why. I would also recommend at least skimming the entirety of day 1 again to see if something sticks out.

Furthermore do not forget that Makeinu can still post because he is a dead IC. He can’t directly comment on the game but he can go over theories and such. The same goes for me when and if my time comes. However, You guys cannot when you die.

Spoiler: Jembot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MOWE (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

From what I'm gathering you voted Jemmy Boy because he was asking about  role that wasn't in this game and he lurked? Is that correct? If not could you expand on what your case on him was?

Persus: Fairly active compared to most. I find this suspicious. It's almost like you're trying to be here while staying unnoticed. This being said, I have seen no strong indication that your scum.

I think you're looking for the term "Active Lurking".

As for you, did you miss the part where I said "I have no strong indication that you're scum"? If I'm going to accuse you, I'm going to have a better reason than "I think you're active-lurking."

Yeah, I used to do this. As someone told me "You're not the ... batman". It can sometimes seem like this is a good strategy. Maybe in face-to-face mafia it is. In forum mafia there's too much time between posts for this to be a viable strategy I'm afraid. But hey, at least you're trying something new right? Like I said earlier: Try to find the way to play that works for you.

Seems pretty solid to me.  Other than being restricted by “Phone Only” play I find her rather town-appearing.
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: Persus13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinlessmoon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Superblackcat (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38