Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Legendary Artifact Art Contest! Playfortune, the decorated Unicorn Leather Mask!  (Read 29896 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
heres one.

Sorry Danmanthedog, to keep things organized the next image is decided by the most recent winner. That said, feel free to join us in the drawing!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile

It's in my entry ;)
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a couple others, if you want? There's a mask, I haven't seen one of those before . . .

ETA: a couple more artifacts for you;

Playfortune

and Bristlebolt the Touch of Glades.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:15:24 pm by GuesssWho »

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's in my entry ;)

Reading comprehension is hard. Sorry, I completely missed that.

Okay, it's been a while so let's move on. I also really like the mask, as it's unique and involves unicorns, so why not go with that.

Updating OP, entries will be received until the 18th of February! (Holy crap, it's February!!)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a unicorn leather turban (adorned with a picture of our beloved duchess in green diamond), and a unicorn bone bin. But my current fav:

Izegorshar, "Apewebs", a alligator bone bed

Valued at 18.000 ☼ and decorated with ryolithe, rutile, dog leather and rope reed fibre, so nothing overly fancy, but still gets mad style points for inviting you to drape yourself over a skeletonised alligator to catch some shut-eye.

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.
    • View Profile

Heyo. Long time lurker, first time poster. These damn art contests forced me out of the shadows.

And to break the silence, one unicorn leather mask, as requested:

Gold studs over the eyes, palm banding around the edges, palm fibre weave on the frill, giraffe bone dangly bits and frill edes, image of Unib's flight to the misty Heavenly Hills (summer sun overhead), and bonus giraffe bone horn to remind admirers of the hide's majestic origin.

You might have noticed I skipped the image of the mask itself. I'm still pretty convinced that sort of thing is a bug, since the alternative is that dwarves are intended to be super obsessed with infinitely recursive images. I guess it isn't all that unlikely, though, so maybe I'm just lazy. Suck it up.

And can I request that a resolution limit for posted images be made explicit in the rules? Supergiant images were a huge pain while going through the old contest threads. That includes artifact descriptions, too, please. I recommend something about 750px wide by 600px tall since that should fit nicely on a 1024x768 screen. I'm happy to go through a link to a bigger pic, but it's better for forum browsing to keep things smaller.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:13:56 pm by Treefingers »

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile

Now that's quality.

SpookyDoctor

• Bay Watcher
  • Ø
    • View Profile

My Playfortune, not nearly as cool as Treefingers, but 100% more fractal! 
Ø

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice one! Love the asymmetry. Kudos for including the self-referential image. Someone should make an infinite zoom gif of this or something.

And is it just me, or did the smaller version of Unib's Flight end up looking like a bird's head?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

That is one impressive unicorn leather mask. Don't even mind the lack of fractalness (fractality?). That said, the fractal nature of Spooky's makes it also quite cool.

SpookyDoctor

• Bay Watcher
  • Ø
    • View Profile

Did a quick and dirty Bristlebolt.
Ø

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, something's happening!

ETA: It's kind of funny about that statue: it's a blue statue of someone fleeing the fortress, and it wound up being under a short-lived waterfall after I got bored and dug into the river.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:48:30 pm by GuesssWho »

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile

Heh.

"Bomrek, you flooded the fort."
"I prefer to believe that I created a short-lived waterfall."
"Oh, is that why I'm taking this so well?"

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol @ DG

You're going for the bonus marks, eh SpookyDoctor?

Of course, every time I get an artifact now, I think of how I might draw it, especially if it has some stupid or unusual combination of features.

I get leather and rope reed spikes all the time. No idea how to make those menacing. And how does one make an image of one kind gem using another kind of gem? "Yeah, it's just a tourmaline, but it's shaped like a brilliant cut sapphire!"

And I got an image of gizzard stones in granite recently. But the thing about gizzard stones is that they aren't a gem or anything. They're just a normal rock that some animal keeps in its gut to aid digestion. So it's an image of rocks in rock. ::) Reminds me of Homer's chili spoon: "They say he carved it himself... from a bigger spoon."

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Treefingers wins on style points. Good work everybody!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7