Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22013 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 05:48:31 am »

Oh, by the way, I'll take the electric type gym. Plenty of TMs, useful too.

You already picked Ice, and Electric is already taken.

Anyway, it is a shame that the 8th player is still missing. I even send out PMs to invite people, but nope. Oh well, until round 1 is finished, the tournament is still open for everyone to join. Once round 2 starts...maybe...In round 3, definetly closed.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to the world of pokemon! My name is Towercap. People call me the pokemon prof. This world is inhabited by creatures called pokemon. For some people, pokemon are pets, others use them for fights.

Myself...I "study" pokemon as a profession.

But first, are you a booooy or a giiirl?"

The group of 7 youngsters were too weirded out by that question, and too bored by the introduction (they were well aware what pokemon were and how they were used), to notice the suspicious quotation marks. After an awkward, endless seeming silence, prof.Towercap continued.

"Very well then, you very androgynous people, the last group I send on this mission was tasked to help me finaly fill this damn pokedex, after I accidentaly deleted all the data, and as everyone of my generation, I can not into compyutah. Sadly, they all just kept battling eachother and totaly forgot their actual task....so...I had them removed..."

A muffled scream comes from a trapdoor into the basement. Prof.Towercap quickly throws a rug over it.

"Haha, man, this old house...always making weird creaking sounds....yeah...Anyway! It's time to get you guys your first pokemons, to defend yourself in the wild and brutaly beat every other pokemon you find into submission. Alongside your first pokemon, here, have these pokeballs. Only 9 for each of you, I am on a budget. Surely that will be enough, I mean 7 times 10 pokemon is...humm....many. That will probably be enough. Now venture out, and don't you daaaare use these pokemon to fight eachother!"

Akroma had picked up what was obviously the best starter of the choices given.

And despite prof. Towercaps warning, she already eyed her peers with a clear intention....

----------------------------------------

Round 1 has begun. Using only your level 10 starter and the item you set out with, you must to battle against all 6 of your rivals. For every victory, you are awarded a point.

On this scoreboard, I will keep track of your efforts.

As for the gym-order, I have picked a simple method, the order is the amount of letters in your Username, starting from the shortest.

Une Town - Kansa - Bug

Deux City - Akroma - Normal

Trois City - Scapheap - Electric

Quatown - Bluerobin - Flying

Cinq City - Rolepgeek - Ice

Sei City - MeimieFan88 - Grass

Siette town - GreatWyrmGold - Dragon.  As announced, this will be a dual-type gym for dual battles. Fittingly, the type to go alongside dragon would be fairy. Depending on time-zones, GWG will either lead this gym alongside a partner, that he can freely choose, or alone.

Achtown - UltraValican - Rock

---------------------

I'll await you in arts and crafts for our first battles. It is always advisable to announc eyour presence on showdown via a post in the thread, to keep it bumped and make people notice you are there.

This tournament is still open to be joined by 1-3 players, as long as you join before the first round is over.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:40:34 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 06:53:37 am »

"Erubetie! Show that swine what true fear is like! Engulf him in a torrent of slime and melt him down to the bones!"

Erubetie proceeds to wash away Swinub with ease

"Soon humanity will know why they used to fear deep waters."

"Is that so?"

Another challenger approached. Above his left shoulder, a pokemon was hovering. A machine. An unnatural, man-made pokemon. Had science really progressed that far? It was a horrible sight....it needed to disappear..

Erubetie reveals a hidden weapon

------------

Akroma 1, Kansa 0

Akroma 1, Scapheap 0
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:09:12 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 07:07:35 am »

Still haven't won once.
counter moves
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 07:10:16 am »

Don't worry too much about the first round. Just learn from them. I am sure next round you will have a way to deal with Shellos.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 07:31:35 am »

Finally, won one!
Confusion
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 10:34:21 am »

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:47:30 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 11:27:18 am »

Erubetie unleashes a poisonous cloud to suffocate Togepi
Ugh, and he didn't even excuse himself! *waves hand in front of face*

Anyways, attempting to connect.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 11:38:03 am »

Alrighty, I should be around for the next... 7 hours or so.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2013, 11:41:05 am »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 11:41:06 am »

Erubetie has no mercy with human sympathizers

nature shall reclaim

Akroma 1, GWG 0

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2013, 11:45:46 am »

I would like to sign up since there's still a slot open.
Name: Yangus
Pokemon: Scraggy
Items: 9 pokeballs, Leftovers.

Also, Arokoma, is Erubetie named after what I think its named after? Cause that's fucking terrifying.
edit-Well starting with the shitwrecker that is SCRAFTY would be a bit unfair.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:50:45 am by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2013, 11:49:05 am »

Woohoo an eighth!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2013, 11:50:07 am »

Me vs. Bluerobin

A canny player might note the lack of RP on my part. Why?

1. I kinda got bored with it last tournament.
2. RPing the battles I've had so far would be frikkin' depressing.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2013, 11:52:01 am »

I would like to sign up since there's still a slot open.
Name: Yangus
Pokemon: Scraggy
Items: 9 pokeballs, Leftovers.

Also, Arokoma, is Erubetie named after what I think its named after? Cause that's fucking terrifying.
edit-Well starting with the shitwrecker that is SCRAFTY would be a bit unfair.

1. Yes, there is a slot open, welcome on board

2. Yes, it is named after what you think it is. The full translation patch for part 3 came out recently, and that did help with name choosing

--------------------

The quest of nature stands on a narrow edge. Make only a slight miscalculation, and you will fall

UltraValican 1, Akroma 0
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:58:20 am by Akroma »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2013, 12:00:06 pm »

Azazel vs Erubetie
 The quashing of slimes is the always the first step of every heroes rise to glory.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31