Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 154115 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1365 on: July 07, 2017, 04:40:42 am »

Hype on first viewing... just like quests. Pretty safe bet only one or two will be playable... just like quests. I like the concept, though.

I hope with the extra expansion of cards they start pushing under-represented archetypes instead of shoveling filler in, but that's likely not going to happen.

Still going to pre-order though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 07, 2017, 05:51:11 am »

It's a bit of a cop out. Sure you get 9 death knights.. That will eventually rotate out of standard unlike a new Death Knight class.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 07, 2017, 07:05:53 am »

I'm fairly sure they aren't ever going to add a death knight class or any other new class. They are already struggling to keep balance and class identities between 9 classes (even ungoro, probably the best meta yet in this regard, only has 8 out of 9 classes in it). Adding another class doesn't really add much anyway, which you have so many choices anyway, you can just fold in any potential death knight themes into other classes... Hunter has death rattle, mage has freeze, paladin and warrior can pick up the weapons.... I just don't see it ever happening anyway.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:03:29 am by Criptfeind »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 18, 2017, 09:51:57 pm »

been farming the daily quests for that double gold rewards. tomorrow i should gather the last and get enough gold for 7 packs next expansion.

i also experimented with a priest deck, it was originally just to test if i could use Emerald Hive Queen and win around it but i added some other priest cards like Tortollan, Crystalline Oracle and Northshire Cleric. i also added most of the priest buffing cards, some damage spells, two silences (dont have much) and all the copy/mind control spells i had.

it was...fine but right now i stopped playing because of unfavourable matches. too much control decks or people spamming minions, and since i dont have clearing spells well. not much that i could do.

the deck is kinda cool, i've gotten stuff like a 10/10 cleric going face, or getting a Noggenfogger with forbidden morph that basically made the enemy paladin kill his own raid leader with one of those shooting dwarves then buff my mistress of mixtures with king's blessing then kill his own arena champion with noggenfogger just when i was just a few hits from being lethal for him...

oh and also face lethal mindblast with boosted effect, made me feel magey, Velen's Chosen is a nice spell, i should get me a second copy.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:53:39 pm by xaritscin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 19, 2017, 12:15:27 pm »

HELLO ARTHROPOD!

THE FIRE FESTIVAL IS OVER! IT'S NOW TIME FOR THE FROST FESTIVAL! IT'LL BE WAY COOLER! FREE ARENA RUNS! QUESTS TO GET KNIGHTS OF THE FROZEN THRONE PACKS! AND A BRAWL WHERE YOU GET TO KILL THAT INSECT RAG REPEATEDLY!

Personally I preferred the double gold. But free arena runs and packs are also pretty cool. I hope you guys finished all your quests.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:18:04 pm by Criptfeind »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 19, 2017, 01:18:19 pm »

free arena runs are fine as long as you can well, enter again after loosing i think, even if you dont climb much.

i've already saved 8 packs worth of gold so not much problem for me. now the KFT packs. i need those.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 19, 2017, 01:30:46 pm »

First off, the current brawl is bugged. If the mage gets an ice block somewhere, they're completely immortal.

Most of the time, paladins will just destroy them, though. I had a kind stranger concede me the win I needed and won't bother playing again.

I will miss the double gold; I think I got around 1200 or a little more during the event - enough to put me at 5080. The arenas are nice I guess but in general I can't stand arena mode or the smug pieces of shit who play it a whole lot so my expectations are pretty low. Still, the value is minimum 475g-ish if you consider the 150g entry to have worth apart from the rewards, so I can't complain too loudly.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 19, 2017, 01:49:04 pm »

Haven't played this game in a year and a half, but I ask one thing: Is it still 100% Ptw?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 19, 2017, 03:08:46 pm »

It's as pay to win as any other digital card game more or less... Which. I mean.

To me, ptw is charged with a lot of (well earned for the most part) negative connotations. But, basically, yeah, hearthstone is ptw. There's no real way around that. But. It's a ccg. That's sorta how it works.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 19, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »

I think people who seek out CCGs don't want even fights or the card game itself to be the primary skill.  They enjoy the grind and the feeling of owning things.  As well as putting together decks.

I've seen CCGs on websites like Kongregate where they give you all the cards at the start.  They're never as long lasting or popular as the games where it takes 10k hours to get all possible cards.  Even compared other games on the same website.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 19, 2017, 04:09:04 pm »

I'm not so sure about that assessment... Although owning stuff and grind does sound like it's part of it... But I mean, I don't think a ccg is something that can be translated well to a low quality flash game for a whole lota reasons. (Also I mean, I'm not sure if something can be a collectible card game when you don't have to collect it.)

Hearthstone might not be the most skillful of games, and card games in general have a lot of luck involved, but I think a fair amount of people want these games to have skill and even fights in them.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:11:27 pm by Criptfeind »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 19, 2017, 08:12:40 pm »

There's tournament champions that have never spent a dime on the game.

If you want to jump in and hit legend *RIGHT NOW* though, yeah you'll have to shell out.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 19, 2017, 08:32:54 pm »

well turns out it was just a free arena ticket. meh, i was expecting free arena play taking in account that its practically impossible to get wins there. i dont get how's there people that plays that only.

anyways. my total gold savings have reached 900 and with the quest i have basically 10 packs worth of KFT.

the only way i can think the game would be p2w is people having decks choke full on legendaries. but each legendary can be crafted (not really sure about cards obtained in adventures because i've only crafted and opened packs).

but even then, having only legendaries doesnt mean insta win. buying a lot of packs only ensures you have gotten a lead each expansion while the rest have to get the gold for new packs, but that edge goes out after a time.

i dont think that people who fills their decks with legendaries get to the higher parts of the ladder. i've gotten as far as rank 18 with the more or less organic decks i've done.

if the game was trully p2w i shouldnt even be able to win in casual because of the amount of people having legendary decks. which is something that only happens in a few cases.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 19, 2017, 09:22:57 pm »

Last time I was actively playing, I was having my ass kicked by either Boom Bots or legendaries from Nax and Blackrock. My best bet was to throw my Ysera with divine shield at them and hope I get one of her better cards. Nax and Blackrock were buyable with gold, but one by one at ridiculous cost, and of course you start out getting the meh or crappy cards, so unless you put in hundreds of hours getting gold or dropped money you couldn't get the best legendaries (at the time).

Now I am referencing my PTW against Yugioh and MTG, both of which I put maybe 10-20 dollars on a year and I'm still able to win tournaments at my two local game shops often. Compare that to my experience in Hearthstone, working my ass off to make good Paly and Warlock decks and being beaten by the same paid cards again and again... Not sure if the game's still like that, I never actually got to use C'thun or anything, quit just about a week after that came out.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 19, 2017, 09:26:42 pm »

Here's a hunter deck that costs 1240 dust, rare cards and lower. It's able to make legend, given the skill and time, and it costs 2/3 of a single legendary card.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 109