Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153565 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone - Online Warcraft TCG in Open Beta
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2014, 08:38:48 am »

If that's not your issue then I don't understand what your issue actually is. Because actually literally having to make a deck a certain way isn't a issue in Hearthstone. And it isn't a issue in Yogioh. As far as I'm aware that's not actually a thing that any card game in existence has.

Ohh, I have no issue with Hearthstone, I was just saying it is the fastest way to kill a card game for me and I'd dread if it went the full LoL route of total optimization lockdown.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2014, 09:40:48 am »

Or, one can just play for fun.

AKA the murlock method.

HRAGALGLGGLGLRLAGL

I actually kinda want to build a murlock deck :P
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2014, 05:16:45 pm »

They're quite fun. Sort of a hunter faceroll light, but a bit less effective and more prone to removal. Cheap and cheerful, and you sort of don't mind losing to one as much because there's not much reason other than bad draws to actually do so.

Plus, if even one bloodlust goes off they become geniunely scary. Harglbarglargle *ROAR*
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2014, 06:28:13 pm »

Wow, so that's fair. Full-health Priest vs 13 health Paladin with a Stormwind Champion on the field. Who do you think wins?
Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)

If that's not your issue then I don't understand what your issue actually is. Because actually literally having to make a deck a certain way isn't a issue in Hearthstone. And it isn't a issue in Yogioh. As far as I'm aware that's not actually a thing that any card game in existence has.

Ohh, I have no issue with Hearthstone, I was just saying it is the fastest way to kill a card game for me and I'd dread if it went the full LoL route of total optimization lockdown.
I don't see how LoL suffers from that either. I mean, there's more "you can't go tank yi mid what are you doing," but the same concept applies.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2014, 10:28:19 pm »

Well, this Druid draft went better than the last one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Trivia time: which two-card combination did I use to law low a divine shielded, 5/7 acolyte of pain?

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2014, 01:05:51 am »

Reminds me, had an interesting Druid draft a few days ago.

3x Ironbark + Onyxia. I only got screenshots of two games, but IIRC I had at least one of these four in the first five turns of each game. Those two I captured were both wins (the first I played out three Ironbarks consecutively, the second Ironbark, Onyxia, Ironbark, win). Unfortunately I played horribly in some other games and ended on 6-3. Should have been 7 but I flat missed a lethal at one point; I used Starfall to clear small minions then exchanged to remove a taunt rather than just clearing the (5HP) taunt then going face, lost next turn with my enemy on 3 HP.

My other huge recent misplay; running out two acidic oozes on turn 4 against a hunter who immediately plays an Eaglehorn Bow and Explosive Trap...

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2014, 01:26:40 am »

God I hate that weapon. There's not much you need oozes for, but I still run them in constructed just for stuff like that.

Has anyone been using p.s.summoners a bit more now they're 3/2? I might try my hand at an accelerated druid or shaman deck next time I start playing a bit.

Still plenty of cards to get, but fast elementals and reliable totem draw might be viable.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:30:01 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2014, 01:00:26 pm »

Looks like PvE will be arriving soon.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/04/11/pax-east-hearthstone-adventure-mode-ipad-worldwide-soon/

There's more on the battlenet site but it wont link for some reason (read as 'i suck at links').

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2014, 12:29:54 am »

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but... is there some event going on where people randomly concede just before winning?

I've had two back-to-back games where I was entirely toast and the other guy conceded. First time, I was at 7 health, 3 damage short of lethal (as a Priest, so no easy way to deal 3), and he had a Cairne in play and a Ysera in hand. Concedes as soon as his turn begins.

Second was a Miracle Rogue. Gets his 12/4 Gadgetzan concealed, then surrenders. Again, I was 3 short of lethal, and was at 15 health. He conceded before ending his turn.

I mean, I'm not complaining about free wins... I just feel kinda bad being given victories for games I knew I'd lost, especially with my dreadful Priest deck.  :(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2014, 12:40:05 am »

Don't worry...

Like magic the gathering there are still useless Legendries and incredibly useful commons.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »

Wow, so that's fair. Full-health Priest vs 13 health Paladin with a Stormwind Champion on the field. Who do you think wins?
Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Answer (click to show/hide)
I can one-up that. As a Priest, I killed a Warrior with a Lightwell. Only attack I made the whole game.
Specifically, I had used Divine Spirit early to make it a 0/10 Lightwell. Then a pair of Temple Enforcers to make it a 0/16 Lightwell. Then in one turn, Divine Spirit again (0/32) and then Inner Fire (32/32). He was still at full health and had two armor. It didn't matter.

I can only assume that Inner Fire turned it into some kind of planetary ion cannon.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2014, 01:55:43 pm »

I'm so bad at beating Warlocks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2014, 04:17:58 pm »

I'm so bad at beating Warlocks.

That is because they are fast and are about taking you out quickly!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2014, 05:09:07 pm »

On the people conceding just before a win subject, it's happened to me a few times. I've got a pretty stable and quick internet connection, and about a turn or two before winning the game just dropped me and counted it as a concede. So I don't think they're doing it intentionally. I was more worried at the time that someone had worked out a hack to force-concede an opponent. Then it happened in between buying a pack and opening it (I don't think I got the cards). So it's just a "thing" with the client. Annoying, but not that regular.
It's a game. Have fun.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2014, 11:51:48 am »

Can we talk about how the iOS client is a terrible unoptimized pile of crap? I feel like it should never have been released in this state.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 109