Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153557 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone - Online Warcraft TCG in Open Beta
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2015, 09:12:05 pm »

So. Anyone playing this? I made a very ex tempore decision and downloaded it an hour or two ago. Finished three casual human matches and two AI matches (+ tutorial) prior to that. Been playing with Warlock against humans. Won all my matches so far, which only makes me all the more terrified of my next one.

I also tried my hand at deck making and made a deck after my second human match. Mostly low cost units, plenty of mages, spells and taunt units. I'd like to think there's some poorly optimized synergy there. At least it worked for that one game. Turns out basic units can really lay down the hurt when you have half a dozen of them + a few raid leaders. Also hellfire is pretty fun way to torch the board, but then I've always enjoyed the nuclear option in games :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2015, 10:02:52 pm »

Not terribly recently, but yeah. All of my decks feel kind of wonky and outdated, though, which is in kind of a Catch-22 with playing more and updating them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2015, 10:06:41 pm »

Zoo is always cheap.

Handlock is always expensive. I finally bit the bullet and spent the couple thousand dust I had on crafting all the giants I was missing and I've been happily riding it around legend since.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2015, 10:35:03 pm »

I got back into hearthstone a few weeks ago, and have been playing it almost every day since then (although not a lot, I'd say that, including quests, I average about 50-60 gold a day). Thus far I've managed to get enough gold to unlock all the nax wings except the last (which I don't really plan on doing unless I wanta make druid or something).

Bit sad that the arena gives only GVG packs, I played this game when it first came out, and I never played any constructed, just arena, but now that doesn't really give me a shot at the cards I want.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2015, 10:40:23 pm »

I got back into hearthstone a few weeks ago, and have been playing it almost every day since then (although not a lot, I'd say that, including quests, I average about 50-60 gold a day). Thus far I've managed to get enough gold to unlock all the nax wings except the last (which I don't really plan on doing unless I wanta make druid or something).

Bit sad that the arena gives only GVG packs, I played this game when it first came out, and I never played any constructed, just arena, but now that doesn't really give me a shot at the cards I want.

You can get Naxxramas with gold? It only gives me the option to pay with money (Android version here).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2015, 10:42:32 pm »

You can indeed.

And Criptfiend, you can just disenchant the cards from the packs and get the ones you want from the base game. It's not like opening packs gives you the cards you need unless you open a ton anyway :P

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2015, 11:30:38 pm »

Naxx is 700 gold per wing, I believe. I only have the last wing left to do as well, largely because I don't need the cards in it as well. Although getting the ooze and then making a hobgoblin gag deck is tempting as fuck.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2015, 11:55:49 pm »

I bought it with actual money on release,  but I still have to do the last wing.

It's only Loatheb that I really wanted anyway for my Handlock deck.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2015, 12:02:01 am »

Chows, man. Chow goes in everything.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 18, 2015, 01:04:00 am »

I just got this!  Its fun, but I'm mainly enjoying arena.  It seems like every 3rd game I play with constructed decks I get thrown against some asshole with a themed deck and a legendary and die without doing any damage.  So my enjoyment of this game will probably depend on how often I get to play arena.  Hopefully I'll be good enough to get decent gold returns from it before all the achievement gold runs out.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2015, 01:23:36 am »

I've been playing for a while, but never noticed this thread...

I'm unapologetically awful at the game, but stomping on noobs in Casual mode with the priest's Divine Spirit + Inner Fire bullshit is fantastic.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2015, 08:40:37 am »

So I've been spending today trying to level up Shaman to the point where I have all the basic cards. Now it might very well be because I play on casual, but a lot of people don't seem to expect to be isntagibbed while on 20+ health. I think I topped at 24 with my best run.

Once I get basics of play in my head I'll probably waste my gold on the arena, seems like it'd be the more fun way to earn some cards.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2015, 08:49:54 am »

I've been playing this, and it's fun.
I always get to at least 20 ranked, just to win the card back every month . . .

In fact im playing only 2 games: DF and this.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2015, 07:52:05 pm »

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:31:42 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2015, 07:54:46 pm »

So I've been spending today trying to level up Shaman to the point where I have all the basic cards. Now it might very well be because I play on casual, but a lot of people don't seem to expect to be isntagibbed while on 20+ health. I think I topped at 24 with my best run.

Once I get basics of play in my head I'll probably waste my gold on the arena, seems like it'd be the more fun way to earn some cards.

The Shaman is kind of weird to me.

In that The Shaman's concept flat out doesn't work (he is meant to be a character able to do... everything).

But I cobbled together a halfway decent Shaman deck... mostly by ignoring the entire point of being a Shaman and just constructing a good deck.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 109