Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153109 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - The Reign of Dr. Boom
« Reply #510 on: July 23, 2015, 11:57:28 pm »

New legendary, Justicar Trueheart. He makes your hero power better (assuming you haven't fucked with it through shadowform/hero change/whatever already). Control Warriors are now literally unkillable.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 24, 2015, 01:32:57 am »

Ball of spiders isn't actually as bad of a card as a lot of people make it out to be. It's ungodly bad for tempo, but in terms of value it's excellent. 3 mana is the cost of 3 individual webspinners, and 3 mana is +1 card advantage, and it's +2 card advantage, granted the cards can be relatively poor value, but when you're out of gas, anything to spend mana crystals on is good. The issue is that if you play it you're spending 6 mana for 3/3 of stats in a horrifically bad stat distribution.

Some cards I feel get a bad reputation because I feel like there is a good deck for them.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #512 on: July 24, 2015, 03:25:30 am »

Some cards I feel get a bad reputation because I feel like there is a good deck for them.
What?

Do you mean that you feel there's a good deck for some cards, despite a bad reputation, or have I completely failed to parse that correctly?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:27:05 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 24, 2015, 04:13:42 am »

Some cards seem just flat out "Generally bad" but I feel like in the right deck they go from bad to ok or good.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 24, 2015, 04:38:04 am »

Seems a lot worse than Shieldmaiden in control warrior.  Not sure who else could use this, maybe insanely slow paladins.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #515 on: July 24, 2015, 05:10:49 am »

Some cards seem just flat out "Generally bad" but I feel like in the right deck they go from bad to ok or good.
Well, yeah. If you design a deck around a generally bad card, then the card is of course going to perform less badly.
The issue then is that you've designed a deck around a generally bad card.

It's the same logic that says Young Dragonhawk isn't bad because you can combo it with Tundra Rhino and Bestial Wrath.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 24, 2015, 05:22:38 am »

Core Hound is a great card because it can get charge from Tundra Rhino.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2015, 05:29:48 am »

My personal favourite is the charging Ghaz'rilla. No-one ever expects a charging Ghaz'rilla.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 24, 2015, 06:11:52 am »

My old tempo hunter deck had an oasis snapjaw because of houndmaster.  4/9 taunt for four mana is not to be fucked with.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2015, 06:50:58 am »

Well, yeah. If you design a deck around a generally bad card, then the card is of course going to perform less badly.

It's the same logic that says Young Dragonhawk isn't bad because you can combo it with Tundra Rhino and Bestial Wrath.

Well no...

I mean for example there are beast cards that are "not as good" as non-beast cards... but put it in a beast deck and suddenly they do very well.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 24, 2015, 07:20:37 am »

So I've been playing more of this lately and have determined the only deck I know how to build/play is mage... though winning a game with 4 fireballs a turn thanks to (whatever that card is that makes spells cost 1 less)x2 and the legendary that gives you a fireball when you cast a spell is definitely fun...

basically this is a ptw cause I really don't know enough about the game to say much more ha
Nom nom nom

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 24, 2015, 07:55:33 am »

Seems a lot worse than Shieldmaiden in control warrior.  Not sure who else could use this, maybe insanely slow paladins.

If the insanely slow paladin returns to the meta game I'm going to dust my whole collection to make it.

This is my time baby.

Suck to be anyone else trying to break though that much armor though. You're all going to be shit outa luck.

(That said, I'm not sure if a class that can't go above 30 hp is ever going to be able to be super slow anymore, just as the combos get so powerful.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:00:19 am by Criptfeind »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 24, 2015, 12:42:57 pm »

New warlock legendary.

TRIFLING GNOME
6 mana 4/4. "Cards your draw with your hero power cost 0."

Hidden card text: "Your opponent can only draw cards that cost 6 or more with his hero power, and you can only draw Flame Imps"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 24, 2015, 12:54:33 pm »

It's true that control paladin looks bad in the current metagame, but it's possible there will be burst combo hosers in this set to try and enable the slower mechanics to shine.  People have been asking them for a while and there have been a lot of OTK decks recently.

Grim Patron would be a good example of a card that's very powerful if you build around it.

I don't think Preparation is that good an example because it is Literally Black Lotus
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:18:08 pm by Leafsnail »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 24, 2015, 04:42:25 pm »

http://hearthstoneplayers.com/new-grand-tournament-card-revealed-at-taiwan-event/

More cards revealed, including the new Warlock Legendary WILDFRED FIZZLEBANG! MASTER SUMMONER!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 109