Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153122 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #765 on: May 30, 2016, 10:15:31 pm »

Ayyyyy!

Anyone still playing this thing? I just picked it up and wouldn't mind spectating people who know more what they're doing. Please?

Darkmere#1718 if you wish to add me.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #766 on: May 31, 2016, 04:50:13 am »

Ayyyyy!

Anyone still playing this thing? I just picked it up and wouldn't mind spectating people who know more what they're doing. Please?

Darkmere#1718 if you wish to add me.

You're welcome to add me (Arx#219477 (literally twenty thousand of us)), but I'm not particularly good. I suggest looking on the YouTubes - I personally like Brian Kibler, my sister raves about Trump (no, not that Trump), and I think Amaz and Kripparian are things as well.

I'm currently 4-1 on an arena run. Feeling pretty okay about it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 31, 2016, 04:58:46 am »

I'm still a somewhat regular player. I'm Criptfeind #1207 on the NA server. Although I would say I'm not particularly good ether, although hey I did just hit legendary. So eyyy maybe.

But yeah. Some youtube players (and streamers) might be more entertaining and helpful to watch. Trump has a series on basic learning for newer players. I dunno about Brian Kibler and Amaz, but I'd suggest maybe staying away from Kripparian if you want to learn, dude's got more salt then skill sometimes (not to say he's not better at the game then me still. Just, very sorta skewed way of looking at things sometimes, which he can sorta back up with the skills). But, he can be entertaining (if you're into saltiness).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:02:03 am by Criptfeind »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #768 on: May 31, 2016, 05:35:38 am »

Although I would say I'm not particularly good ether, although hey I did just hit legendary. So eyyy maybe.

Well, that makes you about a million times better than me. :P I've broken rank 19 once, although admitedly I only started playing this month.

Finished that arena run. A terrifying face aggro hunter and a nice Thaurissan mage took me down to 5-3 pretty fast, which was sad. Still pretty okay with my result though, since it netted me quite a bit of dosh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 31, 2016, 07:20:29 am »

Yeah, my best arena run so far was 3/3 because someone disconnected. No ragerts, though. I did manage to hit rank 19 in 2 days for that delicious cosmetic swag.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 31, 2016, 10:38:44 pm »

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 01, 2016, 11:36:59 am »

I just found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9popqd6zPQ

disguised toast is one of the best HS youtubers.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 01, 2016, 01:22:30 pm »

I just found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9popqd6zPQ

disguised toast is one of the best HS youtubers.
Agreed. He's like the Danny2462 of Hearthstone.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 01, 2016, 06:08:21 pm »

Reno decks aren't as fun when folks are running combos that require you to either have more than 20 hp or a wall of taunts at all times lest you risk some charging windfury bullshit. Seriously, in the last three days I think I've died the exact same way five or more times, and this is rank fucking twenty still. Tho I guess the higher you go the more it turns into a zoo/aggro meta.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 01, 2016, 08:58:03 pm »

Yeah Math Warrior dies off as a deck that's played once you get past 18 or so until legend.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 01, 2016, 10:17:05 pm »

Yeah. There's a lot of decks that feel completely bullshit when you loose to them at the lower ranks. The lack of a need to actually win games opens up a lot of really stupid stuff sometimes. Luckily that stops soon enough as people stop putting ridiculous things into their decks and start putting in less fancy things that can actually win consistently. Nothing like playing an aggro deck against a priest with only heals and aoe or a control deck against a deck that's mana curve starts at 5 (literally both things I've had happen to me at lower ranks ;.;... Well, I can't prove the priest deck, but I did play that mage into fatigue and he used all his cards, so I can confirmed that there was actually a dude back during a time when face hunter was top of the meta running a deck that starts with sludge belchers).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:18:57 pm by Criptfeind »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 06, 2016, 01:55:42 am »

Man. Life got a lot easier after I gave up trying to climb the ladder for prizes. Rank 19 is good enough for now.

The sheer number of bots floors me, though. It's blatantly obvious when they scan every card on the board for the exact same amount of time every single turn trying to find the best trade. I can't complain; they're generally powerless against any real strategy or a reasonable C'thun deck, so more gold for me.

Two questions:

1) League of explorers: Worth buying? The cards look very useful and I'm really curious about the challenge modes. I have no problem tossing Blizzard some cash as a sort of one-time "purchase fee".

2)How much warning do we get before new content? I've heard since Old Gods was the last one, an adventure is next and those release in wings. How soon should I start gold hoarding?

I lied! Bonus question:

3) How common are those deck tracker things? I use an add-on to keep track of my collection, but using the assists during a match seems shady (so my assumption is everyone is doing it). No intention of using the gameplay overlays, just curious.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 06, 2016, 08:32:01 am »

1) League of explorers: Worth buying? The cards look very useful and I'm really curious about the challenge modes. I have no problem tossing Blizzard some cash as a sort of one-time "purchase fee".
Wings 1 and 2 are a must. 3 and 4 are optional.
2)How much warning do we get before new content? I've heard since Old Gods was the last one, an adventure is next and those release in wings. How soon should I start gold hoarding?
Normally it was a month or so. But with the Old Gods they gave out a warning like a few months prior. We'll see if that's a policy change they'll stick to.
Start hoarding gold when expansion is announced.
3) How common are those deck tracker things? I use an add-on to keep track of my collection, but using the assists during a match seems shady (so my assumption is everyone is doing it). No intention of using the gameplay overlays, just curious.
Completely up to you, it is not considered cheating.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 06, 2016, 08:35:36 am »

1: It depends on what decks you want to run. There's at least one top tier card per wing (and quite a few in the second wing). Although they are pretty control orientated. Which is generally so expensive that if you were going to play it dropping the cash or the gold for the place wouldn't really be a question for you anyway. If you wanta run shaman though tunnel trog is really good. And in addition many of the cards are playable even if they are not top tier, and in the lower ranks you can do pretty good with many of them. So, I think, generally, at least the first two wings are worth it for your gold. For your cash that's a lot more subjective, I wouldn't do it, as I feel the value in fun it gives really isn't much compared to spending that much money on other games. But eh, whatever you wanta do.

2: Hard to say. There's been times where they dropped the news a month in advance. And others where we've only gotten a week.

3: I have no idea how common they are. I don't use it, but that's about the only statistic I have available. They are very very common among professional players though, so I guess they are not that shady, since blizzard probably would have done something if all the high visibility players are using them (and they are) and blizzard didn't like it.

Edit: To give a better breakdown on the wings.

Wing one has: Reno Jackson and Jeweled scarab, I'd say nether one is really top tier (whoops, sorta shoots my earlier advice in the foot), but they are generally playable.

Wing two has: Tunnel trog (top tier in shaman) tomb spider (dang good in hunter) unearthed raptor (on the edge of top tier in rogue, but a it can be a pretty expensive deck) fierce monkey (playable in some warrior decks) Excavated Evil (top tier in priest, but once again pretty expensive) and bran bronzebeard (top tier in a few decks, notably C'thun decks. Probably playable in other decks.)

Wing three has: Huge Toad (good in hunter) Sir Finley Mrrgglton (good in shaman sometimes, fallen out of flavor I feel though) and also Anyfin can happen. Which I think was sooooo close to making a whole new deck type (combo paladin) until they ripped out my heart and stomped it to the dirt by removing old murk eye from standard. Probably not playable, but sometimes get experimented with, possibly we'll see it's use someday.

Wing four has: raven idol (top tier in druid expensive deck) Museum Curator (top tier in priest expensive deck) Desert Camel (playable in some hunter decks) Arch-Thief Rafaam (uhhhh. I'm not convinced by this card but I've seen it played rarely in some very expensive decks so maybe...) and Elise Starseeker (who is top tier in a couple of ridiculously expensive control decks.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:46:43 am by Criptfeind »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 06, 2016, 09:02:55 am »

Good breakdown but I'll throw in my own opinion which seem to be a bit different.
Wing one: Reno is actually a top tier legendary. If you're into fun slow decks you simply have to play it. Another very good card here is dark peddler, a staple of the new warlock Zoo.
Wing two: Most of the cards here are really good. Best bang for your buck.
Wing three: Some weird decks play Finley, but he's not great. Entomb is very good if you want to play a priest. Otherwise a useless wing.
Wing four: I actually like Elise, it's a fun card. Raven idol is an okay druid card, Museum Curator is a good priest card. Most rogues play Tomb Pillager now.

To sum it up, unless you like playing priest or really want to try Golden Monkey shenanigans you can safely skip wing 3 and 4.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 109