Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169449 times)

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 22 - Beta V0.5 - Herbalist and legendary Bonecarvers
« Reply #840 on: January 22, 2014, 05:51:21 pm »

would you consider some other way to storage souls for the late end game, like a soul pool/vortex/giant hourgalss. something similar to the banners

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 22, 2014, 05:59:07 pm »

I feel like a easy way to save a lot of souls is not what warlocks are like. If I would be a warlock and I would need a soul, I would want a fresh one and not one that is sitting on some shelve for the last decade or so

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 21 - Beta V0.5 - Torture Chamber and Prisoners
« Reply #842 on: January 22, 2014, 05:59:09 pm »

I have to do it. The civ MUST die out in worldgen. Thats essential. Otherwise you get migrants, which I dont want. As long as they can breed in worldgen, they will not die out.

Or someone can tell me a another trick to make them die out ^^

I only got the two migrant waves on the fort which gave the child ghoul & skeleton.  All the rest were no migrants this season.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #843 on: January 22, 2014, 06:04:19 pm »

would you consider some other way to storage souls for the late end game, like a soul pool/vortex/giant hourgalss. something similar to the banners
Phylacteries already do that.  They hold souls forever.

I made a new embark, no weird boiling blood atm, but at the start there was a explosion of Rotten Meat flying in all directions. Now there are random explosions of Rotten Meat. They seem to be originating from a Ghoul and only go in one direction.
[EDIT:] do you use a modified version of dfhack? I used v4 on my end
I use dfhack r4. And what? Explosion of rotten meat? Are you sure you installed it correctly? rotten meat should be impossible. Absolutely impossible in the first 2 weeks of the game, because the meat you embark with has no time to rot. Any errorlogs? And what was in your embark selection, any weird materials?

In the manual if you click the Warlock link and go down to ghouls, in the first paragraph, it still mentions them learning fishing and hunting.
thank you, is fixed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 22, 2014, 06:31:00 pm »

I just checked it again, definitely rotten meat originating from my butcher. Also creates Miasma upon impact. On the 1. day. Above ground.
I will experiment more to find a proper way to make this work, dont worry :)

[EDIT:] I used the stuff from the simple warlock preset. Nothing else

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 22, 2014, 06:35:15 pm »

Wait a minute: If all skeletons have legendary bone carver, won't their graphic thingy always be bone carver regardless of their actual profession? Moreover, if moods are a thing that happen with warlocks, 90% of your population will have bone carver as their moodable skill.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #846 on: January 22, 2014, 06:38:47 pm »

Miasma aboveground is impossible. And how do you have a butcher that already butchered something on day 1? First thing you build?

arcvasti: possibly. I could give them a skill that uses no profession (like... poet) and use it to make some masterworks in a custom reaction. I dont know. Its a workaround for something that hopefully gets fixed at some point in the future (in the script, so I can stop doing these ridiculus things with the skills)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 22, 2014, 06:43:13 pm »

Um, excuse me, but i seem to be having a problem: each time I try to embark as Warlocks (tried with all embark profiles) I end up getting kobolds insted of warlocks, am I doing something wrong?
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 22, 2014, 06:51:08 pm »

arcvasti: possibly. I could give them a skill that uses no profession (like... [poet) and use it to make some masterworks in a custom reaction. I dont know. Its a workaround for something that hopefully gets fixed at some point in the future (in the script, so I can stop doing these ridiculus things with the skills)

I like that idea of using non-profession skills for that. I also like the idea of all your skeletons being master poets. I think you should maybe keep a bonus to skeletons for bone carving though. It seems appropriate to have bone things carving bone things.
Spooky Signature

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 22, 2014, 06:58:01 pm »

Miasma aboveground is impossible. And how do you have a butcher that already butchered something on day 1? First thing you build?
Really, dont worry, It just my setup. screen inc :) Rotten meat in the first frame (initial pause still on) Every Ghoul is a butcher :)

SERIOUSLY DONT WORRY!!!

This is for enternainment only!

The images are in the wrong order. The last one shows the first frame of the embark, I didn't unpause
The second one shows the first miasma after ~2 sec unpause.
The 3. one shows a Rotten Meat explosion. The wavy sand tiles are Rotten Meat. They originate from the Ghoul a few tiles north of the wagon

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #850 on: January 22, 2014, 07:47:54 pm »

So, you are doing that on purpose?

And Roses kept me up again, throwing nice scripts around. I already finished something for tomorrow, here a little sneak peek:

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 22, 2014, 08:00:57 pm »

That portal thing has so much potential. Its fabulous. But I believe you got the colours wrong. It should be orange portal and blue portal.
Spooky Signature

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #852 on: January 22, 2014, 08:17:59 pm »

I know, but there is no orange in DF.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 22, 2014, 08:41:24 pm »

I know, but there is no orange in DF.

Huh, thats odd. I'm thinking that using the portal should cost a soul or something. Otherwise it'd be a bit too safe. Or make it more difficult to build.
Spooky Signature

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 22, 2014, 08:48:39 pm »

Your quote about the portals made me think of this:

"This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.  If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today."

http://xkcd.com/1133/

So... does building two portals crash the game, or just scatter the various pieces of teleported stuff between the two portals?  With Monoliths or an evil embark this could actually be a very interesting bit of controlled chaos.  Add the script for conserving momentum and a minecart with a skeleton or ghoul, and you have a teleporting gibbet shotgun of reanimating death!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 110