Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169720 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 25 - Beta V0.6 - Testing. Please Wait. ^^
« Reply #990 on: January 26, 2014, 07:55:25 pm »

So just a thought on warlocks and managing to get more in the long term. I'm not sure how to make this work really, but just going to toss this out there.

Could you have a 'Induct Recruit' type deal? Very, very, very, very rarely. Raids would turn up not a prisoner, but a Recruit. Someone who you brought to the library and turned into a new warlock? Would explain where new warlocks come from since there's no breeding or blood lines or anything?

This would solve the issues of warlocks being too uncommon maybe?

The only other option I could think of is to have SOMETHING that all migrants could potentially bring with themselves that could be sacrificed in a reaction to bring into existence a new warlock? Something that would allow us to avoid the whole beginning without any warlocks problem? I dunno, it just bugs me that there's no garuntee of warlocks in each of the migrant waves.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 26 - Beta V0.6 - Water and Magma Spawning
« Reply #991 on: January 26, 2014, 08:13:10 pm »

Nice idea arcvasti. I added it in:
EDIT: Thanks to Arcvastis feedback: They now have 6 reactions. Spawning liquids on the same level is free, and spawning liquids on the same level AND the level above (even through solid floor) costs another of the tear/blood of armok gems. You can build these under the surface, wait for things to run over them, then spawn liquids above as below. Thats obviously very powerful, but you need on of the gems for each activation.

shadowclasper: No new warlocks. You get the Warlocks you get, and you have to keep them alive. Thats the design, thats the entire idea behind this race. You dont play a civilization that conquers the world, but individuals. Every dead warlock should be a "oh no, that guys was super imporant" moment.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #992 on: January 26, 2014, 08:19:09 pm »

Agreed, but at the same time your chances of getting less than 1 warlock in both your migrant waves should be nonexistent. Even if the migrant wave contains no new warlock migrants, you should have some way of getting a warlock migrant OUT of them. That way all warlock fortresses will have 2-3 warlocks in them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #993 on: January 26, 2014, 08:21:28 pm »

Agreed, but at the same time your chances of getting less than 1 warlock in both your migrant waves should be nonexistent. Even if the migrant wave contains no new warlock migrants, you should have some way of getting a warlock migrant OUT of them. That way all warlock fortresses will have 2-3 warlocks in them.
That cant be done.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 26, 2014, 08:23:08 pm »

You can restart embark screen until you get warlock that is the only way to garuntee you have some warlock to work with.
My current tower only have 1.  He is overlord, fresh monger and manager , all in one person. ;D
Kind of challenge but easy to micro at the same time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #995 on: January 26, 2014, 08:24:38 pm »

How old is the fort?

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 26, 2014, 08:45:01 pm »

1 year and 1 season ,I think.
Don't have magic industry running yet. Abd my skelaton count is only 14
My only way to survive is throw all my ghoul wrester suicide squard at the enemy. They did survive much longer than I expect
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:27:49 pm by Nuttycompa »

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #997 on: January 26, 2014, 08:49:01 pm »

That cant be done.

oh well then.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 26, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »

I just thought of this: How about a "free" reaction that takes a bar of mundane metal and a Bone of Armok, and then produces a bar of that metal's bloodsteel equivalent without sacrificing the Bone? Then all the useless scrap invaders bring could be put to good evil use in the late-game when the Tower has moved on to "dreadnought-everything".
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #999 on: January 27, 2014, 04:43:17 am »

So something that converts Iron into Bloodsteel? Which can then be made into dreadnaught?

That's potentially really good!

Perhaps a building? Rather than just a reaction? The blood and tears of armok are made into buildings? Perhaps the bone of armok as well? Something like the Crucible of Bones?

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 27, 2014, 05:27:27 am »

So something that converts Iron into Bloodsteel? Which can then be made into dreadnaught?

That's potentially really good!

Perhaps a building? Rather than just a reaction? The blood and tears of armok are made into buildings? Perhaps the bone of armok as well? Something like the Crucible of Bones?

making a workshop that combines the three and takes souls in the transmuting reaction sounds decent.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1001 on: January 27, 2014, 05:43:13 am »

Okay, we have a workshop that takes Bone of Armok (or perhaps all three?)

You put iron or other metals in with souls.

Out pops bloodsteel?

Which can then be used at the corrupted forge to make dreadnaught?

The other option is that Bone or Armok is also a well. The Bone Well, it creates a big old dust cloud in various amounts? It won't kill a Skeleton but certainly inconvenience them? (though that feels like it breaks the spirit of the wells. It doesn't have a high chance of making bodies of say, warlocks, inaccessible.)

I think using Bone by itself, rather than all 3, to make a Crucible of Bones, which works to produce bloodsteel more cheeply, would be the best thing.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 27, 2014, 06:01:57 am »

Maybe if the reaction generated a big smokey fire? Smoke messes with pathing to the point of immobilization sometimes, as creatures will simply refuse to move onto a tile that has smoke on it- even if they're suffocating where they are. Plus, using a warlock would risk the body catching fire afterwords.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 27, 2014, 06:18:51 am »

if we're using only the bone then i suggest it'll be a higher tier workshop.
say it takes a few books or a specific one that is hard to make?

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1004 on: January 27, 2014, 06:25:10 am »

What if it generates a massive cloud of smoke and dust? no fire. Just fuck tons of smoke and dust? Blocks the area, if in a large enough area, then it'll maybe even block the area long enough for a stunned and suffocated warlock to rot before he can be revived?

I still like the idea of it being used for a forge or something for building stuff rather than production of liquids, since that's how bone of armok works in relation to tears and blood of armok right?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 110