Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169713 times)

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1155 on: February 10, 2014, 07:45:29 pm »

What am I doing wrong with military?  All I have is Ghoul master, which I have with ghouls training lashing. I can't use the 4 evils or crypt lord and can't yet afford the rooms for the overlord. What are people doing with the skeletons that can be in the military?  I'd like some to use heavy weapons like scythes and another squad for posioned arrows but even with a working crypt lord that'd just be one squad.

I don't mind the idea of ghouls or warlocks leading every squad, but they just don't seem to be available to create. Could the 4 evils be able to have 3-5 units each?

Right now my best military is the zombies. They clean the map of life well, but yet to face true invaders with those.

You have to have an overlord before you can appoint the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. Appoint an overlord, appoint your 4 horsemen, then remove the overlord until you can afford his rooms.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 10, 2014, 09:28:51 pm »

Sorry for bit of an unrelated question. I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything.

You know how in Vanilla DF you can zoom in on the tiles with wither square brackets "[]" or the mouse wheel?

It doesn't seem to work with Masterwork. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 10, 2014, 09:32:25 pm »

Sorry for bit of an unrelated question. I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything.

You know how in Vanilla DF you can zoom in on the tiles with wither square brackets "[]" or the mouse wheel?

It doesn't seem to work with Masterwork. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I believe that you zoom in or out with either 1 and 2 or f1 and f2. If you zoom out with rendermax enabled, the game crashes.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 10, 2014, 10:08:17 pm »

I believe that you zoom in or out with either 1 and 2 or f1 and f2. If you zoom out with rendermax enabled, the game crashes.

Sorry. Doesn't seem to do anything.

I tried looking in the launcher but I've been known to be quite blind to obvious things. So if anyone can point it out that'd be awesome.

On another note. I just found some platinum Greaves. The wiki doesn't seem to list Platinum in its list of materials, I have to imagine that they're better than Steel for armor, yes?

Thanks.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 10, 2014, 10:32:10 pm »

On another note. I just found some platinum Greaves. The wiki doesn't seem to list Platinum in its list of materials, I have to imagine that they're better than Steel for armor, yes?

Thanks.

Have you tried poking around the in-game options menu? You should be able to change keybindings from there. Just press the escape key, go to key bindings, go into the general sub-menu, and look for zoom in and zoom out.

As for platinum, I would say don't use it. It can be made into weapons and armour, but it is no where near steel in terms of quality. It is closer to copper, if anything.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 10, 2014, 10:33:57 pm »

Thanks.

Have you tried poking around the in-game options menu? You should be able to change keybindings from there. Just press the escape key, go to key bindings, go into the general sub-menu, and look for zoom in and zoom out.

As for platinum, I would say don't use it. It can be made into weapons and armour, but it is no where near steel in terms of quality. It is closer to copper, if anything.

Good to know. Thanks.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 10, 2014, 10:54:23 pm »

Thanks.
Not really. Platinum isn't a weapon metal in Valnilla DF because its only really good for denseness and value. It makes pretty good hammers and nobles furniture, but horrible everything else. It might be worth using if its an artifact though. Also, I would recommend putting this kind of stuff in [DWARF]-Gameplay questions, rather then here.
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 10, 2014, 10:55:14 pm »

Thanks.
Not really. Platinum isn't a weapon metal in Valnilla DF because its only really good for denseness and value. It makes pretty good hammers and nobles furniture, but horrible everything else. It might be worth using if its an artifact though. Also, I would recommend putting this kind of stuff in [DWARF]-Gameplay questions, rather then here.
EDIT: Ninja'd
Spooky Signature

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 10, 2014, 11:21:17 pm »

Thanks.

Lol it's cool. Maybe you can answer this for me:

Any chance my adventurer can make weapons/armor better than stone/bone stuff? It seems like I can smelt a bunch of bars from metal I find in the game. Not too sure what I can do with these bars.

I'm currently sitting on a stash of ~30 bifrost bars from killing a dungeon full of Frost Giants.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1164 on: February 10, 2014, 11:47:21 pm »

Earlier on, somebody suggested doing damage to skeletons instead of them turning 'opposed to life' which makes sense to me. The damage would probably be mitigated by the type of material they're built of right? So better invested in skeletons would last much longer than normal ones?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 10, 2014, 11:52:34 pm »

Thanks.

Lol it's cool. Maybe you can answer this for me:

Any chance my adventurer can make weapons/armor better than stone/bone stuff? It seems like I can smelt a bunch of bars from metal I find in the game. Not too sure what I can do with these bars.

I'm currently sitting on a stash of ~30 bifrost bars from killing a dungeon full of Frost Giants.
Maybe start another thread called Adventure mode discussion or something? This is a bit of a derail from talking about fort mode warlocks.
Spooky Signature

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 11, 2014, 12:03:19 am »

Earlier on, somebody suggested doing damage to skeletons instead of them turning 'opposed to life' which makes sense to me. The damage would probably be mitigated by the type of material they're built of right? So better invested in skeletons would last much longer than normal ones?

But wouldn't every time the skeletons start to take damage, wouldn't someone go try to bring them to the medical bay? This could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

1. Good. Skeletons are automatically brought back to the fort and most likely in range of a warlock/pylon.

2. Bad. This has the potential for boat loads of rescue wounded jobs. Which could just be annoying.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 11, 2014, 12:08:09 am »

Maybe start another thread called Adventure mode discussion or something? This is a bit of a derail from talking about fort mode warlocks.

Oh oops. I've been jumping between this thread and an adventure mode discussion thread on the main DF subsection. Got the two confused.

I'll get right on that.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1168 on: February 11, 2014, 04:14:07 pm »

But wouldn't every time the skeletons start to take damage, wouldn't someone go try to bring them to the medical bay? This could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

1. Good. Skeletons are automatically brought back to the fort and most likely in range of a warlock/pylon.

2. Bad. This has the potential for boat loads of rescue wounded jobs. Which could just be annoying.

True. But is it more or less annoying than constantly having to send them to the inscriptionist to make 10 items in order to get their legends entry back so that you can put them in your military?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 11, 2014, 07:38:26 pm »

Altenatively, we can make skeaton very slow and very weak without pyron buffing them. So they are near useless outside pyron lenght
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 110