Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169757 times)

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1305 on: March 06, 2014, 06:08:49 am »

Ive never edited my embark to have more Locks, but it seems like the best idea if the emissary reaction does not work. Otherwise you can end up with a very small number of Warlocks. Ive had Forts with 2 Locks even after the 2 migrant waves. I tend to leave the manual labor stuff to Skeletons. The only thing my Ghouls do is trains and butcher/leatherworker stuff. Maybe Farming if i cannot get a Skeleton to do it early. With the new update i guess my Ghouls will now be Fishing more too. My Locks only do the skills they are supposed to. Gemcutting/Herbalism/Sorcery mostly.

I always bring seeds. Rope Reed is a good one for example. You can brew it, and turn it into thread. Taking 2-3 seed types can help a lot. Then save your blood barrels for Bloodsteel production. You can also use the seeds from farming to cultivate some nice stuff in the Herbalist. Like make some Shadowleave spawns or Nether Creeper.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 06, 2014, 11:35:18 am »

How about hauling? I let my warlocks not haul anything because i feel its wrong because the same thing, they have their minions to do this. But sometime its so painfull to wait for hauling if you have only a few ghouls and much more slower if they work on other things. And i dont touch the skelettons so they stay without hauling, too. They are slow bones. :D

The herbalist sounds funny, its so many things to do in this mod. :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:09:09 pm by kizucha »

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 06, 2014, 04:46:50 pm »

For me all ghouls get the farming guild, butchery, tanning, the beast guild stuff, tailor and odd crafts stuff, mechanics and then hauling. As I get more, some specialize into the butchery so things don't rot.

"lessor" warlocks get chemistry, alchemy, scribing, jewelry, sorcery/necromancy, and hauling. If I get more, the I specialize the above limited skills.

Skeletons are specialized into wood, stone, glass, metal, or war as needed. New shambling will haul if that's needed before they are trained.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 08, 2014, 10:52:01 am »

Yeah my army got slaughtered from an dwarfen siege, something strange to fight against them, so long time i tried to hold my dwarfs alive and now they kill my poor warlocks. :o

By the way who can i design a stockpile alone for the phylacteries, like to make a stockpile for the necromantic shrine. I tried a few things but no phylacteries get transported to it, so anyone can help me? :)

And befor i sacrafice my warlocks anyone have experiance with the reactions that consum warlocks? It's possible to ressurect them after that? Or are they out of the game after the reaction? If it's possible i have no problem that we can not "order/make" new warlocks. ;D

Edit: The point with the stockpile, i think i found it. It's under finished goods "tools" and under stone/clay turn on "souls". I'm not 100% sure because i have all materials activatet but i think it's working this way.^^
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:05:30 am by kizucha »

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 08, 2014, 04:40:53 pm »

So, a few pages back there was mention of a bug with the Mistress: apparently you can't have both the LAW_ENFORCEMENT and EXECUTIONS responsibilities on the same Noble? The fix for that seems to have slipped through the cracks on the 4i release. It's easy enough to move one of the responsibilities, but I'd prefer to create a new position entirely. Any thoughts on what the new position should be thematically?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 08, 2014, 08:03:56 pm »

And befor i sacrafice my warlocks anyone have experiance with the reactions that consum warlocks? It's possible to ressurect them after that? Or are they out of the game after the reaction? If it's possible i have no problem that we can not "order/make" new warlocks. ;D

The body is consumed, the whole point is you're trading a warlock for some benefit.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 09, 2014, 12:33:35 am »

Well, I've run into a new bug. The inscriptor does not seem to be able to increase the skills of my skeletons. I run the reaction and 3 gems and a soul are used up, but no skill increase.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 09, 2014, 06:36:37 am »

Well, I've run into a new bug. The inscriptor does not seem to be able to increase the skills of my skeletons. I run the reaction and 3 gems and a soul are used up, but no skill increase.
It takes a few ticks for the script to kick in. Maybe thats it?

Dwarf-Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 09, 2014, 08:32:13 am »

The inscriptor skill increase works but takes so long that quening does not work, you loose the material from the first job, due to overwriting.

other bugs:
You can still make the restless walker zombie for 2 bones at the necromantic shrine, then kill and butcher them for a soul and a lot of other materials.
But the ones who attacked the zombie get attacked by the minions and other ghouls(probably warlocks and skeletons too). And not all related combat logs are displayed.Partial skeletons of restless walkers have  the fixed bug again and get butchered endlessly.
You can avoid this by not attacking the zombies but still you get the cheap zombie for 2 bones.

Ghosly necromancer come with minions

Azuraal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 09, 2014, 09:43:20 am »

In latest patch each time i generate a world warlock civ is not extinct and consist entirely out of ghouls

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 09, 2014, 09:27:05 pm »

Anyone else having trouble getting the throne room to function? I'm not getting any messages after I send minions out to the countryside. I thought there was a message if your not successful.

The inscriptor is also being oddly selective. Some of my skeletons it works fine on and after about 10 seconds the skill shows up. However, sometimes it never shows up at all. Some skeletons get a skill quickly, and some never do.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 09, 2014, 10:24:30 pm »

To get throne room to work you have to run object (kill prunder kidnap) reaction and then target (country site, town,...) reaction. From what I understand, throne room will generate item from first reaction which will be use in the second one.
So if you don't run both of them reaction will not complete

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 09, 2014, 10:26:41 pm »

To get throne room to work you have to run object (kill prunder kidnap) reaction and then target (country site, town,...) reaction. From what I understand, throne room will generate item from first reaction which will be use in the second one.
Plus the reaction should be run by the Overlord. That might have something to do with it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1318 on: March 10, 2014, 10:22:49 am »

Plus the reaction should be run by the Overlord. That might have something to do with it.
Correct, only the Overlord can do this.

I might change the embark crew and migrants to all warlocks.. and ghouls and skeletons have to be made. What do you guys think?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 10, 2014, 11:43:08 am »

I might change the embark crew and migrants to all warlocks.. and ghouls and skeletons have to be made. What do you guys think?

I love this idea.

Can the vampire % be lowered as well then? As is, if I get a vampire, he gets locked away and fed through a dump chute till I can either cure him or make everyone else a vampire. Although, if there are more total warlocks, I could afford to lose one or two in the beginning.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 110