Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169805 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1335 on: March 19, 2014, 04:15:53 pm »

how to get 3 (or more) warlocks in your starting group? . before selecting a place to embark type Startdwarf 10 into DF hack.

or just "quit" before embarking if you dont have what you want in the group..

i didnt say they were bad.. just sayin they dont add to room value. which makes for a sad overlord if his throneroom isnt pritty.

and finally. hehe. warlocks are a baby snatcher civ. they're gonna come knockin regardless of value =) just dont waste your time getting masterwork etheral -anything- and think its good for happiness =P

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 19, 2014, 05:29:29 pm »

If you want a high value room you can just make some legendary Engravers + Stonecrafters then pump out masterpieces like crazy. Ethereal Blocks may have no value, but you can make them into so many things in the Stonecrafter workshop that i think its fine. Ethereal splints, buckets, cages, pots, bins etc.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 19, 2014, 05:41:27 pm »

yeah.. engraving stone above ground is a pain... not sayin worthless blocks are worthless (painfull puns..) im sayin they dont give happiness. so if you want happiness. dont use worthless blocks...

also the crematorium is unbeliveably happy for the warlocks.. 3 ash for a log? .yespls hello bloodsteel.. how are you today?

suddenly bloodsteel is the most common thing in my fortress.. bloodsteel EVERYTHING!

- hooollyyy shiiit year 4 73 invader elven ambush... meat for daays...

year 4 late autumn, 83 dwarves. fire mancers settin my grass on fire.. still just 3 milita ghouls in full mithril w/named dreadnought scourges so many hands and feet dismembered... gonna start 2 more groups of ghouls training. hehe.. FPS drops to 75 when theres soooo many units on the screen

also, Large bone pots. don't seem to do anything?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:55:05 pm by Fairin »

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 19, 2014, 07:17:54 pm »

Ok, Ive have some things not working, like the warlocks refuse to create Ethereal blocks for some reason.

You mean using the Ethereal block with legendary crafters I guest (still they will not cost as much a MW craft made from Dreadnought, I guest).

Elven ambush?  throw them to the oven, we are freezing here !

You can make a room trap filled with ghouls, watch the combat log, worser than The Saw movies lol.

EDIT: Why the necromantic altar get decontructed after I use it?

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 19, 2014, 09:31:49 pm »

- Did you enable their praying/sorcery job
- I think you use pure soul for the constructed, the soul that not stored in hourglass will rot. When the building meterial gone the building is deconstructed.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 19, 2014, 11:08:42 pm »

- Did you enable their praying/sorcery job
- I think you use pure soul for the constructed, the soul that not stored in hourglass will rot. When the building meterial gone the building is deconstructed.

1. As you see I have the labor on with alot of warlocks/ witches

2. Maybe this is the trouble I have.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 20, 2014, 12:37:27 am »

that screen shot shows praying enabled. but not sorcery.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 20, 2014, 08:14:37 am »

Ok, I should activate both.

If I appoint an Overlord, he can still got more stats from Warlord sacrifice or soul burning? (I mean he is still an Warlock for this porpoises).

Edit:
How much the Ethereal blocks/furniture resist vs fire/magma?

Azuraal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 21, 2014, 08:42:33 am »

Eatheral block are fire safe but not magma safe

Dwarf-Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 21, 2014, 02:29:32 pm »

has someone tested all inscriptor reactions ? This is what i found so far.

works: engraver, bonecarving, tanner
does not work: mechanic, mining

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1345 on: March 21, 2014, 03:55:29 pm »

they all use the same template and all work the same, but there might be a small delay. Do one inscription, wait till the unit gets the skill, then add the next. and never set it to repeat, it wont work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 21, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »

my ghouls are having a tough time now (year 9), i don't mind the 100+ invader ambush what i do mind is my ghouls (all excessively legendary with 200+ kills each) beating on elves with their dreadnaught scourges that cant seem to penetrate mithril, didnt someone say dreadnought was sharper than steel/mith?

they literately are taking forever to kill some elves as they beat on their viel's untill they pass out form hunger/thirst

making animated armor using bloodsteel got immidately shitcann'd by an elf's mithril greatspear (literately 1 shot each part of its body)

also masks are clothing. your citizens/skeletons/ghouls, love to take your precious bloodsteel masks...

also elves come riding in on non warbeasts, and don't engage in melee combat and seemingly head toward your meeting hall. hitting anything in melee range

darkelves come in weidling pairs of shields. which is pritty laughable. i mean.. seriously. 100 drow siege, all dual weilding shields
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:07:00 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1347 on: March 21, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

Sure that half of these are not ITEM WEAPON SHIELD simply called shield, with different properties ? ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 22, 2014, 05:39:19 pm »

Meph, i request a Soul Extractor building directly from corpses. for convinence and FPS purposes. when a fort matures enough and no longer needs bones / meat ect from invaders

i swear i spend most of my gametime dumping via searching LEFT / RIGHT / FRONT / HEAD / Skeleton, and Dumping it all. butchered or not, butcher main corpse. dump the rest, so much meat...

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 22, 2014, 08:18:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Masterwork Bifrost Scourge VS incapacitated elf and their Small mithril Viel

15 days later i think he finally bled to death from his missing arms / legs

this didn't start being a problem ill year 8 or so. for some odd reason my legendary ghouls just.. cant.. kill.. elves at a reasonable pace anymore.

they destroy frostgiants in seconds. orcs and gobbos in one hit usually. humans can have some "beatings till they bleed out" fights  but its damn elves every time my ghouls pass out before killing the ambush siege. of 100+ elves riding goats meese and bulls.. (that run away from my ghouls lol...)

Also, what is the components for the Greater circle of protection, it says " A containing dust, C-containing dust, and E-containing dust (all metal obv) *gold worked, 3 bars per made via transmutation ftw*

also for some weird reason it wont allow me to break down titanium bars i just made via transmutation center.

also getting the same glitch from the guild hall when upgradeing a skele. - uses reagents. transforms into skele encased in metal, then transforms back into whatever it was to begin with..

soon as i get my last circles of prot im making the banner to prevent skeles from going opposed to life to see if i can use them in the military. which will fix my coupdegrace problem with elves.

request, ghouls use more than scourges - so they can coupdegrace better? =) maybe flails, or knives (since we can make knives no one can use them..)

*made the skeleton banner, and have kept my crypt lord for quite a while now. feel safer for making a milita out of them now for sure.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:59:40 am by Fairin »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 110