Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169451 times)

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1395 on: April 05, 2014, 05:54:23 pm »

I'm doing that now, because I need to anyways, and then I'll post it in a spoiler

Edit: Is this the command that allows a warlock to re-gain control of a skeleton?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: Ah. That is for vampires. I didn't realize that the warlock caste was so far down in the file
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:38:45 pm by bennerman »

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 06, 2014, 02:37:20 am »

The manual mentions luring caravans with the emissary, but I only see options to bait armies, was this feature removed or moved elsewhere?

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 06, 2014, 11:47:33 am »

How do I add noble classes/militia commanders to DF?

I tried adding

And it didn't work, and I tried adding changing [NUMBER:1] to [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED] to existing nobles and it didn't work either

It's important for what I'm modding in, so I can station them individually to both maintain control of skeletons AND guard

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 06, 2014, 11:52:41 am »

The manual mentions luring caravans with the emissary, but I only see options to bait armies, was this feature removed or moved elsewhere?

The luring caravans reaction is in the Tome of Sator, for no apparant reason.

How do I add noble classes/militia commanders to DF?

I tried adding

And it didn't work, and I tried adding changing [NUMBER:1] to [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED] to existing nobles and it didn't work either

It's important for what I'm modding in, so I can station them individually to both maintain control of skeletons AND guard

There is a thread all about modding questions. It is in the DF modding board. People who know how to mod frequent that thread to answer questions. I suggest you direct these questions towards them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 06, 2014, 11:57:01 am »

It was for this mod, but alright

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 06, 2014, 12:50:30 pm »

Was just start a new game, after a few accidents (well mistress punching all the other warlocks to death due to missing a couple of mandates and then going insame due to loss of friends! Next time remember 5000 agility/strength may not always the the best option)

Made a couple to raw change that others might want; Note they don't product errors but have not all been tested in game. (rember to add any new reactions as a PERMITTED_REACTION in entity_warlock.txt)

Extra uses for slaughtered megabeasts (or mega-souls retrieved from archeology). Scalps and ritual ingredients.

Ability to summon a warlock from the Grand Conclave, 5 dreadnaught bars to form the pentagram, megabeast soul to perform the summon.
50% chance of summon a big bad instead, though at least it drops a megabeast soul to try again.
Just change the building if you want it available earlier (e.g. to portal)

Fix for Magma well (replace existing entries with these)

Fix for water well (replace existing entries with these)

Use workflow to control production of both ash and coke (E.g. As ingredients for ironbone)

Following is all to try and help a bit with the management of dusts, particually keeping rare materials for when they are needed. INCOMPLETE.

edit: 10th april - Fixed megabeast->scalp reaction
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:40:28 am by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 06, 2014, 05:14:45 pm »

*Spend 7 hours pressing enter in creature_warlock_civ.txt*
"It's probably in Unix, try opening it in notepad++"
*Already formatted*

Wow. That bums me out.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 06, 2014, 05:48:49 pm »

Here is work-around for mephits not casting their spells. Root cause seems to be the spawn.lua script not giving spawned units interaction (or at least caste interactions) which could affect other spawned creatures.

Add the following interactions

Replace the following interactions (just changing them all to spawn caste 0)

Add the following caste to mephits, it must be the first caste, just before the CASTE:FEMALE_AIR line

Finally update the warlocks allowed interaction, add just after the CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MAKE_VAMPIRE_PET line

What this all does.
Summoned mephits now start as a special Unstable Mephit caste that has no abilities. Warlock then grant them the ability to transform to a random caste, and the transform gives them the correct spells.
As an extra bonus there is a 2000 tick wait before the mephits start converting. This means that they don't immediatly unload all their spells on your starting skelletons before the warlock take control of them (killing off your warlocks in the aoe effects).
Note that if after a short while on embark mephits are still trying to kill a skelleton, you might want to kill off the skeleton before the mephits gain spells (select skeleton, in dfhack console enter: killitwith gravity)
For safety consider pasturing them a bit away from your citizens, and if you have fire mephits they WILL set the map of fire the first time an animal comes near so consider digging a fire break, or at least keeping flamably stuff off the surface.
This also makes them show up on the animal list, and they can be marked as butcherable.

This is done as a mimimal set of changes, and could be cleaned up a lot (warlocks presently summon specific different mephit types that now all summon the same caste mephits, that automatically gets converted to one of the random mephit castes)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:42:34 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 06, 2014, 09:46:56 pm »

Anyone know what part of the raws causes skeletons to go "feral" when they aren't near a warlock?

I created a unit and now it isn't working :<

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 07, 2014, 09:18:26 am »

My latest fort got killed pretty quickly. Things were starting well enough, but then I had a triplet of Frost Giant Thieves come in. Even with Ironbone weaponry axes, pitchforks and the ilk, I couldn't actually damage them. Then a minor Invasion of Drow Shieldbearers finished the job, this was all before a year is out... invasions seem to be pretty quick for all I hadn't even started raiding. All I did was kill off a few Kobold Merchants.

Few things... Summoning Pets via Demonic Attorney aren't listed in pets field for me. Also, a bunch of shambling, non-hostile to life skeletons went and attacked a hell beast I had summoned. Lots of problems with skeletons, raised dead and the ilk going hostile to various things from time to time, even warlock specific entities.

Can I feed souls to my ghouls for the bonus stats? Workshop Profiling didn't seem to work, but maybe I didn't have the correct skill enabled?

As far as created skeletons, is there any way to shift them from Shambling to a named skeleton? They seem to work fine, but still are relegated to shambling status.

Also, Though Ghoul Master can be assigned through the military screen, Cryptlord (skeleton variety) can not.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1405 on: April 07, 2014, 09:46:34 am »

Sorry guys I am still travelling, so I cant do any changes atm. But I love the feedback, and I promise to use it to clear up the mentioned issues. I myself also had a few ideas for Warlocks, and drayath fixes look very nice indeed, thanks for them.

Shambling is just a name, you can rename them like any other unit.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 07, 2014, 11:07:31 am »

Hey Meph, I'm making a lore-friendly solution to the lack of warlocks. Just wondering if you can tell me what in the raws determines when you lose control of skeletons? I should have a solution posted by tonight or tomorrow (I'm done with the unit, but other skeletons stopped losing control)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 07, 2014, 11:31:13 am »

Hey Meph, I'm making a lore-friendly solution to the lack of warlocks. Just wondering if you can tell me what in the raws determines when you lose control of skeletons? I should have a solution posted by tonight or tomorrow (I'm done with the unit, but other skeletons stopped losing control)

Skeleton castes have the tag [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE]. Creatures that are opposed to life cannot be controlled in fort mode, even if they are still technically a part of your fort.

Warlocks have a number of interactions that can remove the [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] tag for a period of time, which will allow you to control your skeletons again. They also have an interaction to power pylons, enabling the pylons to control skeletons for a time.

The skeletons themselves have a one-use interaction that prevents them from turning for a short time, so that you don't immediately lose control of them the moment they appear.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 07, 2014, 11:36:38 am »

Skeleton castes have the tag [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE]. Creatures that are opposed to life cannot be controlled in fort mode, even if they are still technically a part of your fort.

Warlocks have a number of interactions that can remove the [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] tag for a period of time, which will allow you to control your skeletons again. They also have an interaction to power pylons, enabling the pylons to control skeletons for a time.

The skeletons themselves have a one-use interaction that prevents them from turning for a short time, so that you don't immediately lose control of them the moment they appear.

So it's not any specific interraction that gives them opposed to life? It just sort of appears over time?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 07, 2014, 11:42:20 am »

So it's not any specific interraction that gives them opposed to life? It just sort of appears over time?

They start off already opposed to life, it's that the interactions remove it temporarily so that you can control them. So long as there is a warlock or an active pylon nearby, the interactions that prevent them from turning will get constantly re-applied. If a skeleton goes without contact with a pylon or a warlock for an extended period of time, then they lose control.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:44:37 am by BlackFlyme »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110