Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169771 times)

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1455 on: April 08, 2014, 05:45:08 pm »

Do corpses still rot as undead? Can i still kill them for scalps?
And does the Necro Circle need LOS?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1456 on: April 08, 2014, 05:58:39 pm »

Hehe, i have seen these questions before. ;)

no and yes. no rotting, yes it needs los. butchering dead undeads should still give souls/scalps, as long as the corpse has a head.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 08, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »

Hehe, i have seen these questions before. ;)

no and yes. no rotting, yes it needs los. butchering dead undeads should still give souls/scalps, as long as the corpse has a head.
I just wanted to move them to the correct thread. I dont wana clutter the other one.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1458 on: April 08, 2014, 06:10:41 pm »

I know. And good on you for actually doing this. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 08, 2014, 06:58:19 pm »

I know. And good on you for actually doing this. :)

Seconded. :P
RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 08, 2014, 11:33:23 pm »

bennerman, they will come with mephits, however they mephits won't cast any spells (so are a bit useless). I posted a fix (well work around) a couple of pages back but it does need a world regen.

Honestly, they are more useful to me as souls, since they breed

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 09, 2014, 10:52:14 am »

So I got two vampire warlocks in my fortress and want to cure them from vampirism. I built the vampire crypt, made some ruby dust, got enough blood (in barrel and pot) but I can't choose to cure or inflict vampirism. I got no burrows set and everything needed is in reach. What is going wrong?

Edit: I tried to order the reaction with the manager. One vampire starts it and cancels with the message: Needs A-containing bag
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:56:29 am by Jiamil »

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 09, 2014, 11:16:19 am »

Is your ruby dust stored in barrels? I don't think the reaction can find it in barrels.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 09, 2014, 11:30:21 am »

Ok, found the problem: In the reaction_warlock.txt there was "INORGANIC:RUBY" instead of "INORGANIC:POWDER_RUBY". After replacing it, it works fine.

Edit: Ok, it works NOT fine. The vampire is now shown as normal witch, but still sucks blood -.-
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:15:12 pm by Jiamil »

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 09, 2014, 12:28:46 pm »

Hrm, just got a migrant wave with a child skeleton and child ghoul... wonder if they can grow up.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 10, 2014, 12:26:14 am »

Hrm, just got a migrant wave with a child skeleton and child ghoul... wonder if they can grow up.
I asked a similar question, and the answer I got said ghouls can. Dunno about skeletons though, just got a skeleton child myself.

I also had a fort where one of the necromancers was married to one of the skeletons, and in my current one all the cats adopted the same skeletal miner.  :P

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:33 pm »

Any way to make some sort of cryogenic item or something to preserve corpses longer? I was just thinking it would be nice to keep some corpses around longer, at least unrotten, without turning them undead.

fedobear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 11, 2014, 09:14:11 am »

Currently I use graves. Got a necromancer I dont have the souls/motivation to bring back, so I put him in a tomb and plan on removing the building, it seems to give you the corpse back but I'm not sure if its still raisable. you should test it

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 11, 2014, 09:43:25 am »

Any way to make some sort of cryogenic item or something to preserve corpses longer? I was just thinking it would be nice to keep some corpses around longer, at least unrotten, without turning them undead.

I think this is one of those things where item corpses might be useful. On death a warlock leaves behind a warlock corpse item that can with/rot, take that to a specific building to preserve, and then it can be stored for later. Might not get the same guy but it'd be something at least.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1469 on: April 11, 2014, 11:30:32 am »

Mh... maybe possible, but even itemcorpses will be buried and it will be a problem for orcs that want scalps or for dwarves that have non-rotting invaders lying around.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 110