Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 72346 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2014, 08:46:26 am »

Oooo, thanks.

So they're all related, you mean? That could also signify..erm, cousins or such, right?

Ooop. Sorry. Not really. I'm fairly bad at explaining things. Gronsdatter means that the person is the daughter of Gron, or someone in their ancestry was at some point and that last name was formally adopted. Cille Edithsdatter is either the daughter of Edith or had an ancestor named Edith. They're not related except by way of having last names with the same naming convention.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2014, 08:47:42 am »

I should've done the research m'self, sorry. :X

But thanks muchly for detailing it all out.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2014, 08:52:22 am »

Persus13: How does your strategy in a Kingmaker game differ from normal mafia?
Not sure how my strategy would differ, other than if I'm convinced one person is scum, I only have to convince the current king of that.

Persus13:  Were you Kingmaker N0, what criteria would you have used to pick the King?
I take you can't select yourself if your kingmaker? Anyway, I would have gone to random.org and used a RNG.

Gwenhwyfar's (Persus13) is interesting. I think she's going to have to change it though - Our Queen is dead and there are surely more to follow.
What makes you think my shield is related to this situation?

Everyone: Introducing yourself, even in the most basic of terms, should be treated merely a formality. A formality that I shall have to enforce. If you do not for some reason wish your identity to be known, well, that is how a traitor would behave.
I am Gwenhwyfar, who was found in a forest with a shield by the queen and became her advisor.

Fun fact: The shield I sent in was an artist's depiction of the coat of arms of a medieval king.

TolyK: I like your character's name.

I am Rød Grønsdatter of the House of Possum.
...Why are there similarities with 3 other people? As in, SBC, Toaster and Imp?

If you're referring to the 'datter' part, it signifies that the person is the daughter of so and so, much like Danielsen is the son of Daniel.
Can you tell which names are Danish and which aren't?

Also, I am preparing to go on a school trip right now, so I'm not sure how active I am going to be today and the next few days. (I'll have internet, just not much time to use it.)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2014, 08:57:07 am »

Eep! Missed this!

Imp
Tiruin:  How important is color to you?  To your character?
-bloop! + 'why'd you ask'-

It seemed like exactly the right question to ask you.  Colorwise, your shield is the most atypical of the 'set' of all of our shields.  Yours is not the only one to possess a color that no other shield has, but there's a hue-quality to yours which is strikingly different from the others, at least to my eyes.  What's the significance of your heraldry's background color?
It's actually yellowish in the hue, but I swear that was gold when I picked it. Also it was rushed to please excuse the...lines. And that splotch. :X

Though in abstract terms, the thought that hit me when I was previewing the finished one was along the characteristics of Heaven and Light. Like, purity and all that. Looking at the water's surface from under the sea on a sunlit day?...Yeah. That kind of beauty..

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2014, 08:58:57 am »

If you're referring to the 'datter' part, it signifies that the person is the daughter of so and so, much like Danielsen is the son of Daniel.
Can you tell which names are Danish and which aren't?

Also, I am preparing to go on a school trip right now, so I'm not sure how active I am going to be today and the next few days. (I'll have internet, just not much time to use it.)

Not quite. What little I do know is based off playing a lot of Crusader Kings 2.
Try to make sure to at least check in and make some posts, even if they're fairly skimp on content.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2014, 10:18:35 am »

Jim:
Toaster, if you were Kingmaker who would you have picked?

Also, is your herald what I think it is?

Someone I trusted to make a good D1 judgement when there's not a lot of information to go by.  From the current list, that'd be either you or ZU, who seems to have a strong gut for this despite his terseness.

Maybe.  What do you think it is?

Since you were in the last Kingmaker this forum had, what differences from it will the BYOR setting make?  Do you think it will come down to a silly end like the last one did?

King Cheeetar, Superblackcat, TolyK, Toaster and Caz:  Looking at the appearance of the various shields, which one do you like the most, which the least?  Why?

Our King's is pretty awesome, for having the gumption to put a stick horse dragon on it.  Rød's colors clash.

Imp:
10 golden crowns

On a serious note, how do you feel about not having any direct control over the lynch?

Cheetar:  As you all know, I am Maren Jørgensdatter, daughter of Denmark's greatest merchant family.  My father's large shipping fleet brings in great wealth and supplies much of Denmark with quality goods.  *idly twirls hair*

How will you determine the lynch?  To what extent will you consider the arguments of others?  Given this is D1, how much gut feeling will you rely on?

TolyK:  How in the world do you pronounce your last name?  How can you suffer a word with so many consonants to live?

How are you on the council, given you're clearly not Danish?  Same question to Tiruin.  (As best I can tell, you two are the only non-Danes.)  Tiruin, I'm also curious how you feel about not having any direct control over the lynch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2014, 11:36:55 am »

I'd like to start off my own participation on this new Day by remarking that I love you guys.

*mod scurries off and observes passionately*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2014, 12:05:26 pm »

Ooh, ooh, ooh!

Are we allowed to write stories too?? :D:D:D
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2014, 12:26:04 pm »

Ooh, ooh, ooh!

Are we allowed to write stories too?? :D:D:D

I usually run it kind of like a D&D game.  In this case there's a lore established by previous campaigns, and if you don't add anything in then I'll generally just screw around and please myself.  By all means... audience participation in the creation of your character is welcome *_*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2014, 01:55:59 pm »

Everyone: Introducing yourself, even in the most basic of terms, should be treated merely a formality. A formality that I shall have to enforce. If you do not for some reason wish your identity to be known, well, that is how a traitor would behave.
zombie urist:  Your heraldry seems to speak of life, green growing things, and peace.  Why did you select the symbols you did?

Hiiii~!! My name is Louiiiisa Von Solheim~! House of the Sun! The Sun! The Sun brings life! Everyone depends the glorious rays of the Sun! My hearldry shows a simple ecosystem. The humble honeybee feeds on the nectar of the sunflower. In return, because sunflowers do not self pollinate, the bee helps transfer pollen between the sunflowers. [1] The sunflower however has deeper corrola tubes than most flowers. The butterfly, with her long proboscis can easily reach the nectar. This is why bees and butterflies are found with a higher proportion than other insects near the sunflower. [2] The entire ecosystem, however, is actually powered by the majestic beams from the Sun! All life is dependent on the Sun! Would you like a pamplet Miss Cille???
Louisa hands Cille Edithsdatter a pamplet.

Spoiler: addendum (click to show/hide)

Imp: Why are almost all your questions flavor related when Vector said flavor isn't relevant to the game?
Makeinu: Will your deep-seated hatred of vigs affect your outlook this game? Specifically what do you think about the fact that the king is basically a 1-shot day-vig?
Toaster: You've hosted a couple of Kingmaker games. How will your knowledge from previous kingmakers inform your decisions this game?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »

I am alive, however I am currently hard at work for a conference, thus I can't post until later tomorrow. This came up unexpectedly, I'm sincerely sorry for not answering questions.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »

ZU:  I meant to ask you- are you Danish?  The *heim says yes, but the "von" throws me.

Toaster: You've hosted a couple of Kingmaker games. How will your knowledge from previous kingmakers inform your decisions this game?

Not much, really.  There's some oddities that can arise in LYLO situations since the Kingmaker must be town...

Vector:  If the Kingmaker dies, will a new player become Kingmaker?  Is this person guaranteed Town?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2014, 03:08:51 pm »

Vector:  If the Kingmaker dies, will a new player become Kingmaker?  Is this person guaranteed Town?

A new player will become Kingmaker.  I will check with Webadict on the other thing, just to be sure I understand his intentions with the mechanics.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2014, 05:23:01 pm »

I am Mark II of House Magnus. We Magnus Men are known across the land for the high quality of our musical instruments. Most of the instruments used in this court, I wager, were created by my family.

I have an older brother, Mark I, and we are both sons of Lord Cain of House Magnus. Mark I has the talent to play these masterful instruments, but I have the talent for leadership, hence why I am on this council and not him.

Also, would you consider executing a lurker or a player with low participation in general?

How green am I to your eyes, compared to makeinu?

Probably greener. I've only played the one game with him, but I think he has a better reserve of experience to draw upon when he finds things to pick at people over.

Why the comparison to makeinu?

Why do you ask?

Because usually whenever there's even marginal flavor relevance in a game you make it your mission to roleplay as much as possible.

Jim: What's with the heraldry questions? Are you trying to be subtle about your rolefishing?

Initially my question to Cheeetar was going to be something about the scales on his shield and ruling fairly and justly or something, but I decided to make fun of it instead since it does look there's a horse on a stick on it.

The question to Toaster is because I think I might know what he submitted as his image and because we are bros.

How come you ask me about questions over heraldry, when Imp asked a bunch more than me?

And what do you make of all this RP?

Since you were in the last Kingmaker this forum had, what differences from it will the BYOR setting make?  Do you think it will come down to a silly end like the last one did?

I was?

I don't remember.

Oh, fuck, Kingmaker 4. That game.

I'm confident in wubadubadooooo's ability to balance a Kingmaker, so hopefully the game won't be complete trainwreck like KM4. For balancing purposes the BYOR part is not significantly relevant since we only sent in heralds and not roles.

Maybe.  What do you think it is?

This?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2014, 06:36:47 pm »

Cheetar:  As you all know, I am Maren Jørgensdatter, daughter of Denmark's greatest merchant family.  My father's large shipping fleet brings in great wealth and supplies much of Denmark with quality goods.  *idly twirls hair*

How will you determine the lynch?  To what extent will you consider the arguments of others?  Given this is D1, how much gut feeling will you rely on?

Once it is apparent that all who will contribute have done so to the best of their ability and further discussion would only drag out the hearing unnecessarily, I will make my judgement. The arguments people put forward will be of great significance to the result of my decision, but I will be using my own intuition.

I am Mark II of House Magnus. We Magnus Men are known across the land for the high quality of our musical instruments. Most of the instruments used in this court, I wager, were created by my family.

I have an older brother, Mark I, and we are both sons of Lord Cain of House Magnus. Mark I has the talent to play these masterful instruments, but I have the talent for leadership, hence why I am on this council and not him.

Also, would you consider executing a lurker or a player with low participation in general?

Given the gravity of this situation, somebody who seems unwilling to even participate or defend themselves will at least draw my ire. Executing them would be an investment in the future days we will spend in this court- we would not have to put up with their sloth.

Louisa hands Cille Edithsdatter a pamplet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32