Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 72335 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2014, 07:38:41 am »

Working on reply to UI (ba-dum-tshhh)
I don't get it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 02, 2014, 12:19:27 pm »

SBC:
Cheetar: Not really, People seem happy to lynch me, especially Caz, and Jim, They keep talking about paranormal, and how I don't want to out. The funny thing is, I've told you more about my story then the both of them have added together. I merely said that I'm not sure if I should tell you this much.
You're deflecting.

Here is the question:
Kisa/SuperBlackCat- I may have endangered you by pressuring you into revealing your position as 'hedgewitch'. Do you believe yourself to be in a dangerous situation now that you have revealed this information?

The answer was. "not really". In what way did I deflect the question?

Where did I deflect? Why are you trying to pull non-existent threads into pressure? Can't you find actual, real, evidence?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 02, 2014, 12:37:44 pm »

You are trying to put suspicion onto Caz and Jim for the same reason you claim they're suspecting you. Hence, deflecting.

Now answer my other question.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 02, 2014, 01:01:32 pm »

TolyK: Please ask one of Perses, Tiruin, and Toaster a question.

Because I'm not some superstitious nut. What's your opinion on vampires?
I don't think they fit into this game's setting.

Cheetar: Why do you think he's lyncher and not scum? And why lyncher of all 3rd parties?
I'm not going to use flavour to decide who to execute- it was a neat little thing that made me even more suspicious of Caz, but in general I'll go for whoever's acting the most scummy- low content, poor reasoning, stuff like that.
You never said Caz was supicious before. What made you suspect him before?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2014, 01:02:48 pm »

TolyK:
Question post today.
It's tomorrow now. Where is it?
No, it's today now. :P
Unfortunately, that will have to wait a bit. :( I only got one question so far.

Quote from: UI
Quote from: TolyK
Hm. Town-scum tells usually occur from language fails, while scum tells occur from knowing too much, but pretending you don't not well enough.
If it's a strange wording of something (which looks suspicious), I'd call it a town-scummy tell, while a scum-tell would be a hint of knowing what the scum did.
Would you care to give an example or two of each, preferably from this game?

There's been a lot of fuss over flavor, such as SBC's hedgewitch or the garlic.
I can't give an example of the mentioned scum-tell since nobody has even done anything yet, thus people can't know about negative actions or kills, but I've noticed in

past games where I (as scum) accidentally give out to know more than I actually should.

I just realized I didn't answer this question, and some other things.

Tolyk:
If you were one of the assassins, and had to make the choice of whom to kill right now, who would it be? Why?
Huh. I could tell who I wouldn't (the King, since he's being very thoughtful :P), but who I would kill... Jim? I don't really have all the information I need, but I'd

be afraid of playing scum against Jim. :P

Brzęczyszczykiewicz is almost certainly Polish.
Yup.

Caz, why are you separating IC and OOC? You are still the same character, so why the differentiation? Are you trying to lose responsibility for (half of) your actions?

On a slightly related note, this is what's going through my head whenever I think of this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T5unM0YpDY

PPE:
Bah. I will (not quite today :(), but why exactly one of these three?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 02, 2014, 01:45:39 pm »

Working on reply to UI (ba-dum-tshhh), but here's a quickie:

I am Tadeusz Brzęczyszczykiewicz (just Tadeusz, even formally).
How exactly do you pronounce your name?
Ta-dei-ush Bszen-chi-shchi-kye-vitch
:P

Gesundheit.

I disagree that flavour is separate from mechanics. Our roles were based on the heraldry we submitted, which was all flavor. If mechanics/roles were based on flavor, then can the two really actually be separate?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 02, 2014, 03:47:51 pm »

King Cheeetar:
Maren/Toaster- How much control should the King exert during the day? Should they attempt to be democratic and respect the wishes of the council, or go mostly by their own thoughts?

The King should take into account the views and opinions of all players, but in the end it is his/her decision alone.  A sign of a scum king is one who executes a townie and then tries to blame others.  The king makes the verdict- it is his/her responsibility.

Rød/Urist- Who did you think the Kingmaker was going to be prior to the game beginning, and has their choice changed your mind?

What is the purpose of this question?  It sounds like fishing of some sort.

TolyK:  Fair enough.

Tiruin:
Query for you Toaster: Why do you think non-Danish has a special significant to note than Danish? That's sorta...biased, and I have a feeling you may agree.
However, why so? Or why not?

I will be happy to answer that question after TolyK and ZU answer my questions on the subject.

I don't think it's relevant at all.  I wanted to see if anyone got defensive over it.  Nobody did, so I no longer care.

Zombie U:

This is extremely anemic.  What's the point?

Makeinu:
I disagree that flavour is separate from mechanics. Our roles were based on the heraldry we submitted, which was all flavor. If mechanics/roles were based on flavor, then can the two really actually be separate?

I interpret the ruling as alignment is separate from flavor.  Abilities may not be so much, but there's no point in chasing that down, since it's essentially rolefishing.  Plus, any flavor can be twisted to multiple abilities.  For example, let's take the Knight example.  That could be a vig (has and uses a sword), a doc (watches over people), a watcher (see above), a reviver (lots of armor), cannot be NKed (*lots* of armor), or several other things.

In this game, flavor is fun and that's it.  I hold anyone as suspicious who works with flavor in lieu of scumhunting.  People like Caz.

Caz:  Can't believe I let this slip earlier:
I'm not going to waste any time trying to decipher whatever it is you're talking about. If there are any obstacles between me and your point, then I'm going to quit trying right there.

Because RP is fun, and trying to figure out people Day 1 is a crapshoot anyway.

That's crap.  It's totally possible to find scum D1, and giving up beforehand is at best lazy and at worst scum avoiding work.  I want your top two suspects and why.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 02, 2014, 03:52:50 pm »

Ah, yeah. I hadn't consciously thought of it from that angle, but I totally agree. Alignment has to be separate from flavor, I think, else any flavor reveal would be an instant scum-out.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 02, 2014, 05:58:50 pm »

PFP
Working on reply to UI (ba-dum-tshhh), but here's a quickie:

I am Tadeusz Brzęczyszczykiewicz (just Tadeusz, even formally).
How exactly do you pronounce your name?
Ta-dei-ush Bszen-chi-shchi-kye-vitch
:P

Gesundheit.

I thoroughly disagree with this. We're talking about Webadict making the roles.
You know when Webadict makes the roles.
Hilarious stoofs happen.
Meaning: No, really. Flavor =/= mechanics =/= abilities.

I bloody know.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 02, 2014, 06:21:48 pm »

Cheetar: Why do you think he's lyncher and not scum? And why lyncher of all 3rd parties?
I'm not going to use flavour to decide who to execute- it was a neat little thing that made me even more suspicious of Caz, but in general I'll go for whoever's acting the most scummy- low content, poor reasoning, stuff like that.
You never said Caz was supicious before. What made you suspect him before?

Scum are just trying to kill everybody. It looked like Caz was trying to get one person in particular lynched. In the post you quoted, I explained my reasoning.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 02, 2014, 07:31:13 pm »

Cheetar: I see reasoning on why you became more suspicious. When did you originally become suspicious of him and why?

This is something Bookthras did and was very annoying to deal with as scum. Also he hasn't really asked any questions to anyone yet.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 02, 2014, 07:37:36 pm »

Cheetar: I see reasoning on why you became more suspicious. When did you originally become suspicious of him and why?

Errr... If you're taking issue with my use of 'more', see my post in this way: I was suspicious because of xyz, and then flavour made me MORE suspicious. Understandable?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 02, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »

Whoops. You weren't quoting the post I thought you were.

Alright. Caz twigged as soon as SBC mentioned that he was a witch, and has been fairly aggressive over that (while still claiming to not actually be being aggressive but simply roleplaying). He also stated that he'd only want the assassins to be focused on, and third parties to be mostly ignored in favour of going for scum. The issues he's taken with the way SBC is acting do seem to be mostly related to SBC being new to Mafia. In addition to this, his publicly available flavour (and here is where Jim is likely to yell at me) listed him as belonging to a royal house which focuses on hunting witches- he was initially reluctant to reveal any information about his character or house.

So, I think Caz is a lyncher. The question is if he would be at all harmful as a lyncher if he's not selected as King, now that people know his ulterior motive.

There! Sorry.
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 02, 2014, 07:40:20 pm »

Moar PFP
This is something Bookthras did and was very annoying to deal with as scum. Also he hasn't really asked any questions to anyone yet.
...So what Bookthras did has something to what you did there..why? 'As scum'...what?

Do you see relevances or similarities between TolyK and ol'Book?

Toaster
Makeinu:

I interpret the ruling as alignment is separate from flavor.  Abilities may not be so much, but there's no point in chasing that down, since it's essentially rolefishing.  Plus, any flavor can be twisted to multiple abilities.  For example, let's take the Knight example.  That could be a vig (has and uses a sword), a doc (watches over people), a watcher (see above), a reviver (lots of armor), cannot be NKed (*lots* of armor), or several other things.
Tiiiny note but maybe that's just me noticing stuffs. I read the orange part in a way that somewhat tells of how stuffs work. Detail those ideas?

TolyK
Tolyk:
If you were one of the assassins, and had to make the choice of whom to kill right now, who would it be? Why?
Huh. I could tell who I wouldn't (the King, since he's being very thoughtful :P), but who I would kill... Jim? I don't really have all the information I need, but I'd

be afraid of playing scum against Jim. :P
I see uncertainty, and I see Jim. Does Jim relevant to uncertainty?

Also why specifically Jim?
Also2: Anything on your mind or are you not curious on asking us things? What are your thoughts on the Kingmaker setup?

Caz
-snoop-
I await your clarity. Like, today-ish.

Also that thing where you asked me 'what' was "I am also interested in seeing your answer to Cheeetar's query."

PPE: King!

Errr... If you're taking issue with my use of 'more', see my post in this way: I was suspicious because of xyz, and then flavour made me MORE suspicious. Understandable?
Wherein xyz is...?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 02, 2014, 07:46:09 pm »

See the post above yours. My bad :(
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32