Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 72339 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2014, 02:17:25 pm »

Cheeetar:
In an effort to be democratic, and with the fact that I'm feeling more and more unready with the responsibility of being King-

How satisfied are you with the content of Day 1 in general, and how long do you think it will take to reach a reasonable decision on who to execute?
Who would you like the Kingmaker to select as King on Day 2?

It's been a pretty slow day.  Probably Wednesday or so for a decision, I'd wager.

Me, so I can try to whip more content out of people.

Why are you trying to completely abdicate the responsibility of the lynch?  I rather suspect that you don't want to be blamed for the mislynch you know you'll cause.

I'm not asking anybody else to tell me who to lynch. The blood will be on my hands.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2014, 02:39:40 pm »

Cheeetar
How satisfied are you with the content of Day 1 in general, and how long do you think it will take to reach a reasonable decision on who to execute?
Day 1 seems to have had enough discussion from everyone without dragging it out. If I were kingmaker, I'd pick zu day 2 as his posts have been pretty good. What are your own thoughts on these two questions?

TolyK
Caz, why are you separating IC and OOC? You are still the same character, so why the differentiation? Are you trying to lose responsibility for (half of) your actions?
My IC character isn't 3rd person omniscient, especially on game mechanics etcetc. Trying to combine the two hasn't worked out well and has done more to confuse than help, but I don't want to completely ignore flavour because it's cool and adds fun to the game. As for losing responsibility for half my actions, I doubt that would work.

Do you think it wise to ignore the flavour entirely with regards to the mechanics of the game?

Toaster
That's crap.  It's totally possible to find scum D1, and giving up beforehand is at best lazy and at worst scum avoiding work.  I want your top two suspects and why.
Yeah? I've never found Day1 chat to be useful on Day1 itself. It usually leads to a mislynch, and *then* the D1 chat becomes a useful resource to look back on. It's worth the back and forth, but not for necessarily locating accurate scum off the bat. Though you're more experienced than me so I'm sure you have more strategies for that.

Tiruin
Caz
-snoop-
I await your clarity. Like, today-ish.
Also that thing where you asked me 'what' was "I am also interested in seeing your answer to Cheeetar's query."
His query? Maybe I skimmed over and missed the posts because I still don't know what you're asking.

Persus
What are other people's thoughts on the thing about multiple factions?
Could be, if only from the hope that this will be an interesting game. If it's just town, scum and a sk it would be kinda boring. If you were a survivor, would you help the town to win or try to save your own skin?

Urist Imiknorris
Caz:Looking back at the beginning of the game, I noticed something:
Has breakfast arrived yet? If we are going to find this traitor, it should be on a full stomach. Hunger clouds the mind.
Why did you refer to a singular traitor?
Dunno, I suppose from the numbers there could be two or even three.

Additionally, could you please do something to visibly distinguish IC from OOC from now on? It would make your opinions and positions understandable.
Yea, I posted on this earlier. I'll put IC in italics or apply a text colour I guess.

Jim: So far you've only been attacking others for failing to scumhunt. Where is your own contributions?
Imp: You still around? I expected half of these posts to be written by you. What's the matter?
makeinu: If you were scum and picked as king, who would you try to get lynched and why?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2014, 02:48:53 pm »

TolyK
Caz, why are you separating IC and OOC? You are still the same character, so why the differentiation? Are you trying to lose responsibility for (half of) your actions?
My IC character isn't 3rd person omniscient, especially on game mechanics etcetc. Trying to combine the two hasn't worked out well and has done more to confuse than help, but I don't want to completely ignore flavour because it's cool and adds fun to the game. As for losing responsibility for half my actions, I doubt that would work.

Do you think it wise to ignore the flavour entirely with regards to the mechanics of the game?
Alright, since you've decided to separate IC and OOC via italics, I guess it's fine.
I think it could be more or less safely ignored, however that wouldn't be fun. In regards to the mechanics - very likely so.

Quote from: Caz
Urist Imiknorris
Caz:Looking back at the beginning of the game, I noticed something:
Has breakfast arrived yet? If we are going to find this traitor, it should be on a full stomach. Hunger clouds the mind.
Why did you refer to a singular traitor?
The question was more, why exactly did you say "traitor" in singular? It isn't like "enemy" or "scum" where they have the same plural and singular forms, while it's typical for a mostly-vanilla 12-person game to have 3 mafia. Meanwhile, you say "traitor" as in "serial killer" or the like.

makeinu: If you were scum and picked as king, who would you try to get lynched and why?
I don't like this RVS question after RVS ended.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2014, 03:00:43 pm »

Do you earnestly believe there's enough material on the floor to make informed decisions about who is scum and why? If so- who do you think is scum, and why?

Cheeetar
Day 1 seems to have had enough discussion from everyone without dragging it out. If I were kingmaker, I'd pick zu day 2 as his posts have been pretty good. What are your own thoughts on these two questions?

I'd be happier with more posts from some people (Jim Groovester is standing out a little, given that he's supposed to be such a skilled mafia player). For King on the second day, I'd like for it to be somebody who's been more on the active side- Imiknorris, Tiruin, Makeinu.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2014, 03:08:04 pm »

Caz:
[Persus] If you were a survivor, would you help the town to win or try to save your own skin?
This is the softest of softball questions. "If you were a survivor would you draw the ire of the guys with a kill or play to win?" What's the deal with that?

The flavor that you so enjoy explicitly mentions multiple traitors:
Tomorrow, as she had decreed, one of them would be made sole ruler of all Denmark.  The other eleven would form their council for that day.  And it made a certain sort of satisfying sense--it was sure to keep the country together--well, it was comfortable, at least.  There would be executions until the traitors were found.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2014, 03:27:28 pm »

The question was more, why exactly did you say "traitor" in singular? It isn't like "enemy" or "scum" where they have the same plural and singular forms, while it's typical for a mostly-vanilla 12-person game to have 3 mafia. Meanwhile, you say "traitor" as in "serial killer" or the like.
Never really thought the wording was crucial. If you're trying to say it's some kind of scum slip (I don't see how as Urist just confirmed in the flavour that there are traitors), it's not.

Does RVS have a time limit?

Caz:
[Persus] If you were a survivor, would you help the town to win or try to save your own skin?
This is the softest of softball questions. "If you were a survivor would you draw the ire of the guys with a kill or play to win?" What's the deal with that?
Trying to engage in a dialogue with as many people as possible and it's on the topic of multiple parties. Since he asked the question I figure he might be some form of 3rd party, hopefully town-aligned. I don't like how you jumped in on this before Persus had a chance to answer, either.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2014, 03:46:46 pm »

As I said, I'm pretty sure we have more than one faction with a chat. :P
How'd you get to this conclusion? Also stop using the tongue smiley so much.

This is a weak post for someone who's been gone so long. Are you worried about multiple factions? I'm going to scumhunt normally and see what flips, as usual.

Moar PFP
This is extremely anemic.  What's the point?
This is something Bookthras did and was very annoying to deal with as scum. Also he hasn't really asked any questions to anyone yet.
...So what Bookthras did has something to what you did there..why? 'As scum'...what?
Do you see relevances or similarities between TolyK and ol'Book?
What I mean is that asking people to ask people questions is something Boothras did. As scum it was really annoying to have to do so.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2014, 04:05:33 pm »

TolyK:
If it's mostly for this post, then I find it kinda strange. Of course, it does seem like he doesn't want to be blamed for a mislynch (he pretty much said it explicitly there, didn't he :P), however don't you think it's natural for people to not want to have an "hung innocent" on their conscience? Also, do you think there's anything else we can "try" to set a foundation for D2 other than asking questions?

I'm not convinced he's hunting on his own much either.  And it may be natural for people to not to want to feel bad, but too bad- he's in charge, he needs to act like it.

Normally I'd say something about voting patterns, but it may be a bit silly here.  Besides hunting, looking at chief suspects is the best bet, though it is blunted in this format.

Cheeetar:
I'm not asking anybody else to tell me who to lynch. The blood will be on my hands.

That's not the impression I get.

Do you earnestly believe there's enough material on the floor to make informed decisions about who is scum and why? If so- who do you think is scum, and why?

Do you think there is?  If not, do you think there will be by day end?

Caz:
Toaster
That's crap.  It's totally possible to find scum D1, and giving up beforehand is at best lazy and at worst scum avoiding work.  I want your top two suspects and why.
Yeah? I've never found Day1 chat to be useful on Day1 itself. It usually leads to a mislynch, and *then* the D1 chat becomes a useful resource to look back on. It's worth the back and forth, but not for necessarily locating accurate scum off the bat. Though you're more experienced than me so I'm sure you have more strategies for that.

Sure, it's harder to find scum when you have less to work on and a large field for them to hide in, but it's certainly not impossible.  One thing to look for is someone just trying to blend in, or another is someone tearing up a player (especially a new one) for a minor infraction.

You didn't answer me about your top two suspects.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2014, 04:24:06 pm »

Jim: So far you've only been attacking others for failing to scumhunt. Where is your own contributions?

Here.

In an effort to be democratic, and with the fact that I'm feeling more and more unready with the responsibility of being King-

Is it because you're scum?

Are you a scum king?

Is the reason you're uneasy because you can't find a suspicious-looking town target to lynch?

Yeah, that's tough.

No, really, let's see your list of suspects and your reasons why. I can't recall you stating an opinion about whom you suspect.

Me, of course. I can guarantee that I won't feel uneasy about who to lynch.

It's the Kingmaker's decision though and I feel he should basically ignore all discussion about it, assuming the Kingmaker is not totally incompetent.

For King on the second day, I'd like for it to be somebody who's been more on the active side- Imiknorris, Tiruin, Makeinu.

Why these three?

As I said, I'm pretty sure we have more than one faction with a chat. :P

Oh?

You wouldn't be a member of one of these chats, would you?

If it's mostly for this post, then I find it kinda strange. Of course, it does seem like he doesn't want to be blamed for a mislynch (he pretty much said it explicitly there, didn't he :P), however don't you think it's natural for people to not want to have an "hung innocent" on their conscience? Also, do you think there's anything else we can "try" to set a foundation for D2 other than asking questions?

You're explaining a new player's attitude. New players hesitate because they don't want to be wrong and don't want to face the backlash of being wrong. Inexperienced scum players hesitate even more.

Except that mislynches happen and are a regular part of the game of mafia, even amongst reasonably competent town players. If Cheeetar suspected somebody and if it appeared to be legitimate and genuine suspicion, and it turned out that it was a mislynch, he would face little backlash for his decision. There's no reason to be uneasy, except if he has no suspects (scummy) or he's afraid of backlash (also scummy).
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2014, 05:04:53 pm »

Persus13:
Why? The Kingmaker is chosen randomly.
Where do the rules say that?
Oh, I assumed from this:
As this is a Kingmaker, a single person will be selected as Kingmaker, who then selects someone to be King for a day.
that a person being selected as Kingmaker was chosen randomly from all town players, and that shields wouldn't affect the choice of who was kingmaker.

This is a weak post for someone who's been gone so long. Are you worried about multiple factions? I'm going to scumhunt normally and see what flips, as usual.
What I mainly got out of discussion from when I was gone was people attacking SBC for lack of scumhunting, and people postulating on multiple factions. That post was also a post from school.

Well, I feel more suspect lists from everyone would be nice. Something like this:

SBC-acting oddly, deflection, defending against something that he isn't really being attacked on, lack of hunting.
Cheeetar: As the guy with all the responsibility, he should be scumhunting more.

I'd like the Kingmaker to select someone whose judgement I trust. At this time that would likely be no one except maybe myself and definitely not Imp (inactivity), SBC (current lack of scumhunting), or maybe Jim (often seems too certain than I like).

Jim: So having no suspects is scummy? What if the person says they have no suspects but appear to be actively scumhunting?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2014, 05:11:31 pm »

I guess that's okay but that situation is atypical.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 03, 2014, 05:46:22 pm »

TolyK:
You didn't answer me about your top two suspects.

SBC - worried about revealing his role, citing previous situation where he was scum for his actions
Imp - uncharacteristic lack of posts, but waiting to hear more from her before i decide on this

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 03, 2014, 06:06:13 pm »

Uh, thought that question was directed to me for some reason.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »

Toaster
Tiruin:  I was only trying to demonstrate that you could take a concept and run many ways with it- especially in a BYOR- so trying to get role abilities from mechanics was futile.

Also, reviver in a Mafia context means someone with a one-shot revive on (any) death.
I've been looking at the flash mafia helplink too much. When you say 'reviver', I see 'white mage'. Didn't connect. >_>
Thanks!
And also, you demonstrate it in a better way than I did. Thanks too!

TolyK
TolyK
Tolyk:
If you were one of the assassins, and had to make the choice of whom to kill right now, who would it be? Why?
Huh. I could tell who I wouldn't (the King, since he's being very thoughtful :P), but who I would kill... Jim? I don't really have all the information I need, but I'd be afraid of playing scum against Jim. :P
1. I see uncertainty, and I see Jim. Does Jim relevant to uncertainty?

2. Also why specifically Jim?
3. Also2: Anything on your mind or are you not curious on asking us things? What are your thoughts on the Kingmaker setup?
(1) Kinda - since I don't have information today, I would kill the guy I'd most be afraid of as scum. (2) He's that guy in this case, because he is very experienced and (afair) pointed me out as scum way too easily. >.> Also, as he said, he's usually strongly condemning and pushing, which really gets my on the edge regardless of faction. :P

(3) I wanted to finish rereading before asking questions (rather, I make questions as I reread). I already shared my thoughts on how it's different to play a Kingmaker, or do you mean something else?
1. That...really is unfair.
2. Jim? Yeah, restating: Unfair. You panic on being 'pointed out as scum'? Could you explain what that meant?
'my on the edge'? What?
3. Good! Now why do you think killing who you feared is a better idea than anything else?

Tiruin
PFP
I disagree that flavour is separate from mechanics. Our roles were based on the heraldry we submitted, which was all flavor. If mechanics/roles were based on flavor, then can the two really actually be separate?
I thoroughly disagree with this. We're talking about Webadict making the roles.
You know when Webadict makes the roles.
Hilarious stoofs happen.
Meaning: No, really. Flavor =/= mechanics =/= abilities.

I bloody know.
I'm guessing you probably got one in your role? :P (Joke question, to make that clear)

PPE: Bah, long post.
...No, I am serious with what I said. Do you KNOW what Vector wrote in my role? No, no you don't.
So I'm saying it there right there and right then.

Why don't I have any serious question from you?

Also: You've never seen long posts. :I

@Caz
Tiruin
Caz
-snoop-
Also that thing where you asked me 'what' was "I am also interested in seeing your answer to Cheeetar's query."
His query? Maybe I skimmed over and missed the posts because I still don't know what you're asking.
I was referring to his post on you.

Cheeetar
Seriously? With you making more-than-not, feeling-joking posts?

Hmm, I guess this means you're up for sharing your reads given that you see enough discussion!
What are your reads on everyone and why?

Also why question those three people in that post?

ZU

Moar PFP
This is extremely anemic.  What's the point?
This is something Bookthras did and was very annoying to deal with as scum. Also he hasn't really asked any questions to anyone yet.
...So what Bookthras did has something to what you did there..why? 'As scum'...what?
Do you see relevances or similarities between TolyK and ol'Book?
What I mean is that asking people to ask people questions is something Boothras did. As scum it was really annoying to have to do so.

Mhh? O_o
Did the scum!Bookthras asking questions give any advantage to him, though? (Given by the annoying part?)

PFP

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2014, 06:42:15 pm »

@Caz
Tiruin
Caz
-snoop-
I was referring to his post on you.
Which one?

Seriously? With you making more-than-not, feeling-joking posts?[/quote]
I don't think I'm joking around more than anyone else, except stoic-as-ever Jim.

Also why question those three people in that post?
Starting a dialogue so I can get better reads.

What are your reads on everyone and why?

Imp - Cille Edithsdatter - unusually quiet, not sure if she's afk though. doesn't seem to like me :P
Persus13 - Gwenhwyfar - his shield seemed to have meaning though he claims it's coincidence, possible kingmaker if the flavour is related to game in any way, though doubtful.
makeinu - Viggo Valentinsen - posts concentrated on flavour seem to be the sort designed to distract from scumhunting, less constructed scumhunting than seems usual for makeinu
Cheeetar - Ansgar Danielsen - our great king. seems to want to take the democratic route and maybe trying to avoid the flak for whoever he lynches.
Caz - Vivianus of Austyn - it's caz
Urist Imiknorris - Rød Grønsdatter - seems to be scumhunting well-enough
SuperBlackCat - Kisa Albertsdatter - suspicious, unduly fearful and defensive without doing much scumhunting
Tiruin - Giovanna da Venezia - started off with flavour posts, but i think that's more that you enjoy them than actually trying to distract. have been asking an acceptable variety of questions
Jim Groovester - Mark II of House Magnus - a bit quiet but has been asking the right questions
TolyK - Tadeusz Brzęczyszczykiewicz - have to re-read his posts because somehow i remember nothing. will do later
Toaster - Maren Jørgensdatter - less verbose than others, but posts have good content
zombie urist - Louisa von Solenheim - seems to be level-headed scumhunting and wants things to be clear re: flavour confusion

Now you tell me your reads please.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32