Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Victory Garden Games  (Read 38464 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Victory Garden Games
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:57:32 am »

Howdy, folks!  I'm here to present a new project, on behalf of myself and Solifuge--Victory Garden Games, our indie game dev team.

We're just starting out so we don't have too much to show yet, but we wanted to kick things off by letting Bay12 know about our project before anyone else.  Our hope is to make narrative-driven games with a warm, if occasionally horrifying, mood, driven by well-balanced and novel mechanics.  As far as creative influences go, Daisuke Amaya, Hideo Kojima, and Victor Hugo are pretty popular around here.  We're going to mix the best of East and West to make compelling stories that mesh with the underlying gameplay, as they fucking ought to.

For some examples of other work we've done separately, Solifuge helped implement the DF tileset Stonesense and ran a game called Blunderbuss; for an example of my writing, I'll direct you to my most recently completed Mafia game and an extremely snobby essay on Pacific Rim.

So far, we have Solifuge tackling graphics and gameplay design, and myself on writing and design.  The awesomely talented MagmaMcFry is programming our engine, and we're working with an accomplished sound engineer.  However, we're still looking for character designers and portrait artists; and, for select projects, we'll need voice actors and possibly animators or additional programmers as well.  Translators always welcome!  Please do feel free to refer talent to us if this sounds like you or if you know anyone else who might enjoy working with us!

We're posting project details here and developing a small game for mobile devices (codename: "Flower Chess"), but don't be a wallflower--come visit our shiny dev blog, where we're introducing members of our team!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:14:55 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Victory Garden Games
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 03:01:19 am »

[Reserved parking]

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:05:53 am »

Posting to watch.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 03:06:09 am »

narrative-driven games

Okay yeah I was about 99% sold until there

now I'm 150% sold

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 03:17:20 am »

I like narrative driven games because unlike sandboxes they usually tend to actually go somewhere.

So uh, posting, and probably watching from time to time.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 03:36:25 am »

This will either go horribly or brilliantly. Either way I'll stick around to watch.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 04:04:30 am »

Ooooh. PTW.

Wish I had something to offer but my programming is at a minimal level :/ I'd happily give my advice for free though (note: Any advice given comes from nowhere in particular and should be taken with a few bucketfuls of salt. Though I'd like to think I'm decent at design.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:17:24 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 04:10:42 am »

Whoah. Consider me incredibly interested in what sort of things this team pulls off.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 04:20:53 am »

I'm going to post to watch.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 04:48:41 am »

Posted this in another thread when you first mentioned this, but I'd be up for helping with writing, editing and/or programming. Not sure what you guys would be using in the programming department, though. Do you know what engine you'll be using, or are you planning to build one from the ground up (which I'm suspecting given "engine programmer")? Also, voice acting.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 04:53:09 am »

Heyyy, good on you! Always good to see more B12 projects. Now be sure to keep it moving and don't let it fall apart! :P

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 05:02:30 am »

Watching. I loved Soli's suggestion game and you're both great writers :D

I can't wait for anything.

Srsly. Something. Not really love you

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 05:05:48 am »

Posting to watch

I wish you the best of luck with this project
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:47:49 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 05:24:23 am »

ptw
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 06:16:34 am »

I had sort of noticed you two had been a bit scarce on the forums recently. Glad to know it was because you've been working on something wonderful. PTW
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22