Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 323248 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 0.5 released!)
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2016, 06:25:37 pm »

#2 above is a major series of coding functions, so I'm breaking it into chunks. I have, however, just completed a milestone of making supervillains able to spawn. I plan to do the same for minions tonight, and work on Evil Plans tomorrow.

This, apart from #6, below, are the main bits of work that need to be done. If I'm healthy enough, I might optimistically hope for a 1.0 release by Monday.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2016, 09:07:08 pm »

For the CCS things, maybe have the news report on nonviolent CCS Activities like "CCS passes out Conservative Propaganda Leaflets" or "CCS publishes new issue of the Conservative Guardian" or "Conservative Disobedience downtown"?

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2016, 12:16:01 am »

I'm not sure violence is best thing, Most find violence the fun part about the game... I mean who want wait and click the wait buttion to just win

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2016, 04:27:45 pm »

Part #2 is done!  :)

Honestly, altering the way violence for the CCS works I'm not really sure is necessary, so I'm putting it on a lower priority than for the LCS. There are two reasons for this:

1. Theory reason: the LCS supposedly opposes violence, and supports gun control. For this reason, if they are to use violence to achieve their objective, they have to make it clear that they are using The Man's own tools against him, and so have to be more Liberally heroic in other areas. The CCS doesn't have to worry about being accused of hypocrisy (at least, not until the CCS backer list is published, at which point they cannot deny such accusations!).

2. Gameplay reason: The LCS has a variety of strategies that it can employ, from selling music to demonstrations to the Liberal Guardian to Terra Vitae secret missions to site violence. Of these, site violence is by far the most effective. It is appropriately balanced by its level of risk, but nonetheless it means that any composite strategy will necessarily depend on the violence to get the job done. Therefore making the other strategies competitive options will help gameplay.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2016, 12:38:02 am »

#3 is done.

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2016, 03:23:07 pm »

I can't wait for the official 1.0 release! I can't tell how long I've been following this project for, hope everything goes (relatively) smoothly!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2016, 12:34:37 am »

#s 4 and 5 are done!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2016, 10:55:15 pm »

#6 is done. One more final step to go!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2016, 03:03:28 am »

#6 is done. One more final step to go!
Is there a github? The community would like to contribute (or i woild,at least)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2016, 12:13:51 am »

Sorry for the lateness - some family issues are distracting me.  :(

Is there a github? The community would like to contribute (or i woild,at least)

Not on github (I don't know how github works). However, the distributable on DFFD includes the complete source code. I'd be happy to have community help. :)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2016, 11:43:50 am »

Happy Liberal Independence Day!

Version 1.0 is released!!

Right now it's only available for Mac, although the source code is included in the .zip. I will be working to port it to Windows (I already know somebody who has volunteered to make it happen, but any of you who want to help would also be more than welcome to!).

I'm certain that there are bugs, so I might call this "Beta", but it is playable and all of the core features are coded.

Have fun! I know I will! :)

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.0 released!)
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2016, 02:31:34 am »

Does anyone have a precompiled windows version of this?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2016, 10:52:44 pm »

I've been trying to compile this for Windows, but I've been getting this error:
"fatal error C1061: compiler limit : blocks nested too deeply"
for the file stringconversion.cpp

I checked online, and it says this error is caused by possessing 250+ unnested loops, and the only solution is to refactor the code and "Limit the number of loops or chained else-if clauses within a block. ".

I plan to give this a look myself, but would appreciate any knowledgeable input.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2016, 11:42:03 pm »

I am sorry - I had a recent death in the family that is serving as a distraction. I have not yet asked my friend to compile a Windows version of this, and will be busy for the next couple weeks, but after that will try.

Isaac, can you tell me where in the code this crash is occurring?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2016, 01:26:03 am »

I am sorry - I had a recent death in the family that is serving as a distraction. I have not yet asked my friend to compile a Windows version of this, and will be busy for the next couple weeks, but after that will try.
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. 

Isaac, can you tell me where in the code this crash is occurring?

Ah, sure.
It's the file
stringconversion.cpp
I've actually figured out how to fix it, though I think it may be specific to my compiler, VS 2015.  It doesn't like especially long ifelse chains, so it can be 'fixed' by changing the ifelse chain into multiple shorter chains.  Basically, just removing a few of the else statements.
It, ah, isn't optimal, but since every if statement uses return, there shouldn't be any change in behavior.

I also have to fix some linker problems atm.  I'm getting flashbacks from the last time I tried to install visual studio on my computer.  If only I could remember how I fixed them...

My current error is:
Code: [Select]
     1>SDL2main.lib(SDL_windows_main.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _fprintf imported in function _ShowError
     1>monthly.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl TVRecordMonth(void)" (?TVRecordMonth@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl passmonth(char &,char)" (?passmonth@@YAXAADD@Z)
     1>titlescreen.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl TVRecordMonth(void)" (?TVRecordMonth@@YAXXZ)
     1>SDL2main.lib(SDL_windows_main.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp____iob_func referenced in function _ShowError
     1>Release/crimesquad.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

I'm trying to find the solution, since I remember fixing it last time, I just don't remember how.

Edit: I found the solution
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30412951/unresolved-external-symbol-imp-fprintf-and-imp-iob-func-sdl2
It's this breaking thing Microsoft introduced in 2015.  I should have a windows executable available by tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:54:27 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57