Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98438 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2016, 01:57:04 pm »

Conquest Chapter 12...I don't know how to do Chapter 12.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, chapter 12, I had trouble with that one too, then I felt like an idiot when the game basically tells you upfront how to beat it, and I was just ignoring it. This is my rough summary of how I did it:

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2016, 01:59:59 pm »

Conquest Chapter 12...I don't know how to do Chapter 12.

Yeah, chapter 12, I had trouble with that one too, then I felt like an idiot when the game basically tells you upfront how to beat it, and I was just ignoring it. This is my rough summary of how I did it:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:05:35 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 25, 2016, 02:11:02 pm »

Ah, I missed the "castle" part of your original statement, my bad. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2016, 05:14:34 pm »

CHAPTER 12 ARGH

I tried following Josh's strategy but then the new cavalier got mobbed and killed. She was partnered up with another unit but I'm not sure Dual Guard triggered even once.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2016, 05:51:39 pm »

CHAPTER 12 ARGH

I tried following Josh's strategy but then the new cavalier got mobbed and killed. She was partnered up with another unit but I'm not sure Dual Guard triggered even once.

You can do it Sirus, Ch12 isn't even the hardest challenge ahead of you :)

I'm actually finding mounted units to be very hard to level up. My chapter 20 team right now is full of promotes, and the ones I'm still struggling to train are Silas and Baruka. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to just drop Baruka cause the threat level of enemies is increasing greatly every chapter and now she's not strong enough to kill weakened units reliably, and Silas is very close to level 20, I'm being extra patient with him because he has a lot of support levels with my current units. In previous Fire Emblems, mounted units were frequently god-tier if only because mobility let you crush groups of units in one big rush without a chance of retaliation. It would seem that the huge rebalancing initiative hit mounted units hard, so that they're more for support and transporting around your slower units, which are statistically superior to make up for the reduced mobility.

Or maybe my build is just highly specialized in foot soldiers, and if I double-downed on mounted units I could revive that rush down strategy, but I'm too late in the game to switch horses midstream now.

I kinda wish there was an alternative way to gain exp, because just being somebody's partner and blocking attacks for them gives a *tiny* bit of exp with each block, but it's not nearly enough, and killing units is too hard for her now, and there's no Pokemon Daycare I can put Baruka into and have her gain exp over time. A Daycare would be pretty ok if it had some cost to it, and you could only put unpromoted units in it, and the 'incubation period' was long enough, like 4-5 chapters, and then they could hatch from their shell all leveled up and ready to promote.

I just think it's a bummer that there's so many units you just have to leave on the bench because at a certain point it just becomes impossible to train them up, but I guess that's the hard choice you gotta making in this Campaign.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 25, 2016, 06:05:22 pm »

buy birthright
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 25, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »

I already bought birthright! It's on my to-do list.

I'm just saying, unless some new awesome units get thrown my way, my team for the rest of the game is finalized.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 25, 2016, 06:16:39 pm »

Meanwhile I have a hard time keeping my cavaliers leveled up (Silas is my only unit still at level 10, not counting Chapter 12's newcomers) while Beruka is a lean mean murder machine (and possible Corrinwaifu...we'll see) despite being around the same level as my other main units. I mostly tend to pair him up with squishy units for a piddling defense bonus.

buy birthright
Different characters mang.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 25, 2016, 06:42:40 pm »

i know what i said
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 25, 2016, 10:47:19 pm »

Hard Conquest Chapter 20, complete! That map was SO AWKWARD but in the end, once I got used to it, it was an extreme test of my strategic ability. It wasn't a perfect run, I took my sweet time, clocking in at 26 turns total (thank god for the no time limit there), and I had to burn at least one very valuable item I don't know if I'll be able to replace, but I got through with no casualties, and all treasures. Man this is some good ass treasure.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 25, 2016, 11:08:04 pm »

The first couple of DLC maps are out! One of them is for EXP grinding - lots of monsters, some worth normal amounts of exp and attack your units, others which are far more valuable try to flee but have much better stats and hit like trucks. If you find yourself hitting a wall in Conquest it might be worth a play-through just to give your units a bit of an edge.

The second map is far more unusual. It plays more like a scenario - although the characters are familiar, their stats and inventory and classes might be nothing like what you have. You choose from a variety of preset teams to play with, which are much smaller than you might be used to. It's very silly and does not attempt to hide that fact at all. Supposedly the reward for completion is some artwork.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 25, 2016, 11:25:48 pm »

the votes are in: the evil nation has the best waifus!

i apologize for the low-quality poll; i will make a better one when i actually have the game

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 25, 2016, 11:27:04 pm »

i apologize for the low-quality poll; i will make a better one when i actually have the game
How 'bout a hasbando vote? :P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 25, 2016, 11:32:45 pm »

The first couple of DLC maps are out! One of them is for EXP grinding - lots of monsters, some worth normal amounts of exp and attack your units, others which are far more valuable try to flee but have much better stats and hit like trucks. If you find yourself hitting a wall in Conquest it might be worth a play-through just to give your units a bit of an edge.

The second map is far more unusual. It plays more like a scenario - although the characters are familiar, their stats and inventory and classes might be nothing like what you have. You choose from a variety of preset teams to play with, which are much smaller than you might be used to. It's very silly and does not attempt to hide that fact at all. Supposedly the reward for completion is some artwork.

I'm gonna go ahead and draw the line at purchasing DLC to negate one of the main draws of Conquest, that being the absence of grinding. First you pay money to have an adventure built around not being allowed to grind, then paying more money to go back to grinding? That sounds self-defeating on the same level as buying a trivia game, then buying a guide that just tells you all the answers.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 25, 2016, 11:45:53 pm »

I'm sick and tired of people playing single-player games the way they want to play them.

How 'bout a hasbando vote? :P

You can have the skinny anime guy with long hair, the skinny anime guy with short hair, or the other skinny anime guy with long hair.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70