Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98382 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #450 on: February 26, 2016, 09:28:26 pm »

I dropped Arthur from my active roster, sadly. His accuracy is absolutely terrible even without that Gamble skill of his.

It's a shame because I friggin love him as a character.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 26, 2016, 09:35:48 pm »

Yeah, Axefighters are always really hard to train up in every FE, they're strong, but they tend to be kinda squishy in addition to being limited to axes, the least accurate and versatile of weapon types.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 26, 2016, 09:41:05 pm »

Well, you can take Gamble off of him, I believe.

I know that feel, though, I had to do the same thing with Odin. He was getting miraculously good MAG growths, but I'd flip-flopped between him and Nyx too much and he was still level 10 around the time everyone else was promoting. [He was my favorite character in Awakening, too.] How could I not love a guy who's described as "the most likely to shout 'Level up!'"?

Spoiler: On that note (click to show/hide)

Largo will always be my favorite axe-user for statistics, though. In PoR, you could get 50% crits right off the bat with him, as Fedule wonderfully demonstrates here. Shame he didn't come back in Radiant Dawn. :v

EDIT: This reminds me: Arthur's voice actor is Cam "Liquid Snake" Clarke. I'll be damned if he's not excellent at giving as hammy a performance as possible.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:56:15 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 26, 2016, 09:42:28 pm »

Fighters (aka Vaike, goddammit Vaike) are kind of squishy since they don't have super dodge rates against more accurate enemies and are cannon fodder for multiple tome users, but if you put them against, say, Myirms they do all right since their defense kinda negates the Myirm's damage and they don't have as good dodge rates as Thieves.
On a different note, Donny is my new Thiefkiller. Seriously, the guy took at most seven damage total from three, and actually zero from one of them.
While doing fourteen in return.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2016, 09:57:29 pm »

Promote Donny into a mercenary when you get the chance. His amazing Luck growths will make a certain merc skill incredibly useful.

As far as axe-fighters go...Vaike was alright. At least the ability to grind meant that he was never too far behind, plus being the only axe user on the team for a while meant he saw a lot of use fighting anything with spears.
Boyd was probably my favorite axe fighter of all time. He started growing and just never stopped.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2016, 10:29:39 pm »

UGH CORDELIA YOU'RE PERFECT FOR THIS MAP STOP GETTING HIT BY ALL THREE ENEMIES AND THEN DYING
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2016, 10:36:49 pm »

UGH CORDELIA YOU'RE PERFECT FOR THIS MAP STOP GETTING HIT BY ALL THREE ENEMIES AND THEN DYING
Which one are you on?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2016, 10:41:10 pm »

A Merc Challenge, on.. The weird twisty map for Chapter 5. I put Cordelia on the centermost fort (with Panne), but she keeps taking ~10 damage hits (two from Mercs, one from a Cavalier) and then dying, because 28 health. They're all reasonably sure hits, which makes savescumming a daunting task.
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2016, 10:47:19 pm »

Just gonna have to stop running her into death then! A rule of thumb I use, is if the enemy has a nonzero chance of hitting, assume they'll always hit. That's just how the RNG rolls.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2016, 10:51:47 pm »

I shall resist the urge to point out every <58% hit that's missed and agree with you. :P I do notice that, without considering True Hit, 60% and above is usually alright, 70% is pretty guaranteed (except for a few rather frustrating misses from Cordelia on a separate occasion), and less than 60% is a rare, if usually nonimportant, surprise.
Crits at or below 20% happen at very random times, too.
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2016, 10:54:04 pm »

Still on Sacred Stones, I'm doing the mission with Gerik and Tethys and Innes.  I had this one down perfect, next turn I was gonna move INnes back and have Gerik convert Marisa for a perfect round.

Then the priest got a fucking 14% chance sleep on Gerik and blew the entire thing to hell.  Ended up with Marisa and Natasha both dead.

I'm on like my fourth try for thsi mission because the RNG keeps fucking me.  And it doesn't help that Tana's a useless piece of shit.   I'm trying so hard to get her to 10 so she can promote and actually be decent, but everything that looks at her kills her.  This mission also has ballista so if I move her to the wrong square she's instantly toast.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 26, 2016, 11:21:37 pm »

I'm disappointed that the A+ friendship ranking doesn't seem to have any Support Conversation, it's just there for the new Friendship Seals. Now, Friendship Seals are awesome and I plan on using them in the near future, but I want my bromantic fantasies to be validated by the game.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 26, 2016, 11:26:34 pm »

Just gonna have to stop running her into death then! A rule of thumb I use, is if the enemy has a nonzero chance of hitting, assume they'll always hit. That's just how the RNG rolls.
This reminds me: I think my ritual sacrifices to RNGsus are paying off. I've gotten no less than 3 separate 1% crit chances in Fates so far.

I'm thinking that now the RNG might be tied to the Luck stat of the characters in question? My lone anecdotal evidence for this is that in Ch. 19 Arthur missed with 75% chances no less than 4 consecutive times before I promoted him.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 26, 2016, 11:35:35 pm »

This reminds me: I think my ritual sacrifices to RNGsus are paying off. I've gotten no less than 3 separate 1% crit chances in Fates so far.

I'm thinking that now the RNG might be tied to the Luck stat of the characters in question? My lone anecdotal evidence for this is that in Ch. 19 Arthur missed with 75% chances no less than 4 consecutive times before I promoted him.

I don't think so, FE has always been very straightforward with how simple it's stats and math are. As counter anecdotal evidence: My Mozu, who has more than 30 luck now, is still consistently hit by <20% hit chance encounters. That's simply the FE gods punishing me for my hubris.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 26, 2016, 11:39:32 pm »

Or the removal of True Hit.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70