Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98454 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2016, 06:04:38 pm »

I usually figure like that. Like, say, normally you would leave mages away from tougher enemies, but if their defense is good enough, they won't be killed immediately and the enemy can't double, I take the risk.
Of course, this is also the game where someone with sufficient Magic and Defense with a Nosferatu can literally steamroll the right enemies without being any worse off and actual hit values are much different from displayed hit values, so. :P
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 02, 2016, 06:17:20 pm »

Castle address:
04089-16253
52954-22600
Belhalla Castle. Feel free to beat up my team and their unrivalledtouched tactics, laughably composed of the 4 royal siblings horribly overleveled and a variety of comparatively neglected plebs, and bask in the glory of my collection of bronze statues. Beware the might of my third-level Fire Orb, whose sole purpose was [to get Flora].

Oh and I think it looks kind of nice from a non-warfare point of view, I just kind of arranged the buildings so I could get all my in-game shopping done in one go rather than for unit spawn points. :v

So one thing I've gotten the impression of (it didn't matter much in Sacred Stones since it's baby easy) is that leveling up is random and it's very possible to have characters become useless as time goes on due to bad levels.

Is that the case?

What about my Lord?  Can he end up being shitty or are stats weighted for him?  If he does end up being shitty what do I do?

Also is there anywhere with a clear description of the math involved?  The previews are useful but I can't preview what'll happen when a dude moves on me.
Yeah, RNG screwing is just part of the game. The Lord's susceptibility to it depends on the game. Some Lords are pretty lame; the most infamous are Leif, Roy, and Eliwood, who have a common problem of mediocre growths and promoting way too late for their own good. Others (off the top of my head: Ike, Ephraim, Hector, maybe a couple others) traditionally become unstoppable beasts who can solo the game.

As for Corrin, I've looked up their stats on Serenes Forest, discounting class bonuses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These are quite good stats, to be honest. Compare with Path of Radiance Ike:
This is a net lowering by 55 points, and it doesn't even count the growth bonuses by class or your boon and bane. That is, a net lowering of 55 points from an undefeatable god (as in, he references his own indestructibility in his pre-battle dialogue with Radiant Dawn's final boss) and 30 of those 55 points are from HP anyway. You're probably fine.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2016, 10:08:05 pm »

Posting my castle address, as promised:
04073-24565
14479-31917
Currently named Mt. Massive, after the asylum from Outlast. Because I think all of my comrades must be suffering from some level of insanity to follow me and my horrible tactics into battle.
It's not much, but it's home.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 03, 2016, 01:23:01 pm »

I beat up Sirus' and Tawas teams. Tawa's Xander actually managed to score two kills through BS crits, but one of those sacced units debuffed him and he fell nigh instantly after. Your Protags are MINE! Fortunately, kills done in multiplayer aren't permadeath no matter what.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 03, 2016, 01:55:04 pm »

If only they were. The true Classic experience.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 03, 2016, 02:25:46 pm »

Huh. It doesn't say anything about you visiting or battling me.

Oh well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 03, 2016, 04:06:59 pm »

Castle Address.

Feel free to beat up my level 12-15 team.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 03, 2016, 04:22:39 pm »

A quick thing you guys might not know about visiting castles:

If you give someone an accessory by talking to their avatar at the back of the castle, you DO NOT LOSE IT. You simply make a copy for free and hand it to them. So by all means, spread the love; hand everyone you meet accessories, because there is no downside apart from the extra 10 seconds it takes to do it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 03, 2016, 04:24:15 pm »

Huh. It doesn't say anything about you visiting or battling me.

Oh well.

Yeah, I got the message of you visiting my Arena. It's what reminded me to pay your castle a visit.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 03, 2016, 04:30:07 pm »

A quick thing you guys might not know about visiting castles:

If you give someone an accessory by talking to their avatar at the back of the castle, you DO NOT LOSE IT. You simply make a copy for free and hand it to them. So by all means, spread the love; hand everyone you meet accessories, because there is no downside apart from the extra 10 seconds it takes to do it.
Been doing that. Accessories for everyone!

Castle Address.

Feel free to beat up my level 12-15 team.
Didn't need to beat it up. You left your throne wide open for an easy capture :P

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 03, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »

Wait, that's a thing?

For whatever reason I was under the impression My Castles were "route the enemy" maps.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 03, 2016, 04:36:16 pm »

You can do that, or you can seize.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 03, 2016, 05:42:56 pm »

I got Kaze's daughter Midori, and she's my new favorite character :3 She's also one of the few children that doesn't simply copy her parent's class. She has outrageous luckiness, making her profession as a merchant act as a free money fountain!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 03, 2016, 08:11:05 pm »

Spoiler: My castle address (click to show/hide)
Please come beat up my weak little units and bring me free stuff :P

I've just gotten past Chapter 7 as I don't have as much time as I used to, but I'm really enjoying Birthright on hard.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 04, 2016, 01:40:05 am »

Is Paralogue 2 supposed to have infinite reinforcements? I ask because it seems that every time I start to get a handle on things, another wave appears. I'm on Turn 14 and there are still 12 enemy units on the map, three of which just showed up.

This is great for EXP and support and all, but I really just want this chapter over with before I mess up and get someone killed.

EDIT: One turn later, now 17 enemy units on the field. What the hell ;~;

EDIT2: Whew, pulled it off. Had to mercilessly abuse Leo+Benny to do it, but still.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:32:09 am by Sirus »

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70