Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 97712 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: what
« Reply #795 on: April 28, 2016, 09:57:36 pm »

I'm not sure if anyone picked up on this gem from the Serene's Forest thread that was posted a month or so ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDEvpaNBT_k

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 28, 2016, 10:14:38 pm »

I remember that one! Ryoma proc-ing Astra killed me.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 29, 2016, 07:23:37 am »

Has anyone else noticed that Astra does not prevent critical hits? Once in an online battle I had Ryoma bring a 40+ health enemy to 0 in one round because he proc-ed Astra and then crit on all 3 hits it took to bring them down.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 29, 2016, 07:35:20 am »

Astra also guarantees atleast 1 damage on all five hits, so even if a normal attack would do 0 damage, Astra will do 5.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 29, 2016, 09:11:07 am »

The best feeling is an Astra with one crit at the end. Say'ri, Lon'qu, you make me so proud.
Black lives matter.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 29, 2016, 11:01:03 am »

Astra also charges the shield gauge of defense formation support with every hit.
This leads to some hilarious shenanigans where Swordmasters will never die because they either vantage->crit their enemy into oblivion instantly, vantage->astra them and dual-guard the counterattack, or any combination of the two.

A Swordmaster with the Awakening skill (learned by Great Lords in Fates) is damn near unkillable.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 29, 2016, 11:06:14 am »

A Swordmaster with the Awakening skill (learned by Great Lords in Fates) is damn near unkillable.
B-by Eliwood's red hair... It's like Resolve all over again... :O
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 03, 2016, 03:22:36 pm »

Got fates, on chapter 5.  I understand, in-universe, why Corrin might feel some attachment to Nohr.  But holy crap is it obvious who she should side with.  Nohr's king is one step away from being Sauron, and the circumstances of Corrin's upbringing are pretty shitty in general.  On top of that Nohr is a terribe place to live and Hoshiro is lovely.  And, again, Nohr is Mordor.  This is one of the few Fire Emblem games to have monster enemies and they're introduced not as "Faceless" or "Monsters" but "Nohrians".  If that isn't telling I don't know what is.

In terms of Nohr's royalty, the two brothers seem like cool characters.  I only like Leo as a person, Xander seems like the kind of person who's decent to people he likes and horrible to everyone else.  The two blood princesses are terrible characters, like bad fanfic quality.  At least so far.  So glad we know that the 10 year old looking one is technically an adult within 2 minutes of meeting her.  And the other one is essentially down to one single line of dialogue reworded endlessly for all of her lines (which is too similar to most of what Xander says to distinguish her as a character) and a giant rack.

On the other hand, Nohr has the butler class, which is amazing.  If I ever play Conquest, or if I get that Butler guy even during Birthright (don't spoil me bro), I'm going to try to arrange things so as many people as possible reclass into butlers and I have an army of servants seeing to my every need while killing my enemies and healing each other.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 03, 2016, 03:24:49 pm »

if you don't want to be spoiled on jakob i highly advise you to stay away from even non-spoiler worthy information on the wiki because it is extremely common knowledge
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 03, 2016, 04:18:11 pm »

My question was answered pretty quickly :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 03, 2016, 04:19:08 pm »

I was arguing with myself about whether I should tell you or not.
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 03, 2016, 09:12:11 pm »

Butlers and Maids are great classes I love them, but they tend to have low DEF and DEF is just DEFinitely the most important stat. Due to the game's rebalancing though, they're one of the (many) hard counters to mages and magic classes in general.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 03, 2016, 09:56:41 pm »

And therefore being a mage (class) killer means DEF doesn't really matter. :P
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 03, 2016, 10:11:03 pm »

Yeah, Jakob is a godsend against wizards. He also makes a good replacement for Saizo, Kaze, and/or Kagero if none of those turn out, or for Sakura and Azama if you want a battle healer right off the bat.(Although, I'd say Speed is godstat until generals get involved.)

I've been working on getting the kids lately. Though the explanation for their presence will always be patently ridiculous, the kids themselves are more of a hit-or-miss affair. Some of them--Shiro comes to mind--are some of the best-written characters in the game, and really good units to boot. Others (cough, Soliel, Nina) are just... no. Then there's a few who just look way too young to be fighting in a war at all, even by FE standards (hack, cough, Midori, Percy, Kana...)

Spoiler: Mini-rant (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 03, 2016, 10:20:08 pm »

I would really interpret it as more the fact that an enemy is down, and therefore the battle is marginally more in their favor, rather than "murder is fun". Except, you know, um, Rhajat.
And Kaden, because he.. literally presents you with bones / a skeleton at one point. But beast races get a pass because beast races.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70