Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 97717 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: what
« Reply #825 on: May 05, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »

I tried starting up a Lunatic Classic run, and I died in the tutorial fight when missing a 94% chance to hit... This is a very fast rage quit from me, but I don't need this stress in my life right now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 05, 2016, 02:52:15 pm »

I tried starting up a Lunatic Classic run, and I died in the tutorial fight when missing a 94% chance to hit... This is a very fast rage quit from me, but I don't need this stress in my life right now.
Oh god, I can't count the number of times this kind of crap has happened to me. What was wrong with True Hit? Why, Intsys? D:

I swear that not only is Fates' RNG operating on a cursed algorithm, but that it's retroactively cursed the RNGs of all my other Fire Emblem games. I put down Fates for TWO DAYS to beat Radiant Dawn, and somehow Mia got two three-percent crits in a row, followed by having to restart an Awakening level a couple days later because Chrom missed a 95% hit.

On that note, why was Awakening's early-game so deadly? It was practically impossible to get through one turn without somebody's HP getting knocked into the red.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 05, 2016, 02:55:39 pm »

Because you literally had about five people in any given mission. :P
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 05, 2016, 02:58:19 pm »

Because you weren't abusing Frederick.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 05, 2016, 03:01:03 pm »

Frederick abuse isn't necessary after the first few levels, though. Until you can reliably grind people (aka when you always outlevel Risen teams on the first few chapters) he's an enormous EXP black hole, despite his usefulness.
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 05, 2016, 03:07:09 pm »

Because you weren't abusing Frederick.
I'm still used to adding Seth to my regular team around Chapter 13 or so and using Baitgan as a distraction, I guess.

The older games taught me too well ;_;
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 05, 2016, 06:23:14 pm »

Oh god, I can't count the number of times this kind of crap has happened to me. What was wrong with True Hit? Why, Intsys? D:

I swear that not only is Fates' RNG operating on a cursed algorithm, but that it's retroactively cursed the RNGs of all my other Fire Emblem games. I put down Fates for TWO DAYS to beat Radiant Dawn, and somehow Mia got two three-percent crits in a row, followed by having to restart an Awakening level a couple days later because Chrom missed a 95% hit.

On that note, why was Awakening's early-game so deadly? It was practically impossible to get through one turn without somebody's HP getting knocked into the red.
You want to talk about FE RNG?  The first English FE game for GBA, the one with no subtitle, my brother solved the RNG through intuition.  He could tell me, reliably, when people would hit and when they would crit.  We were like 12 :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 05, 2016, 09:47:04 pm »

how
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 05, 2016, 09:49:29 pm »

12 yr old brains are basically tiny supercomputers.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 06, 2016, 05:11:30 am »

Frederick abuse isn't necessary after the first few levels, though. Until you can reliably grind people (aka when you always outlevel Risen teams on the first few chapters) he's an enormous EXP black hole, despite his usefulness.
He's not a black hole if you unequip all his weapons and let the AI attack him because he can't fight back.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 06, 2016, 05:16:30 am »

Play Rekka no Ken.

What is that some sort of Fire Emblem game that takes place in the MUCH more interesting Fire Emblem past that a large number of their games hype up?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 06, 2016, 05:38:24 am »

It's a prequel to Binding Blade, actually. You play as Roy's dad (or his friend, or his other friend who is a girl (but lots of people say the latter's story is essentially just an Extreme Handholding Simulator)) and you get to choose whose story you want to focus on, with them all being different.

He's not a black hole if you unequip all his weapons and let the AI attack him because he can't fight back.
But then you have a crowd of enemies who are more than happy to go after your vulnerable non-Frederick units the next turn, and if Frederick isn't killing some of the enemies he aggros it's a little pointless.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:42:00 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 06, 2016, 05:41:18 am »

The friend-who-is-a-girl's story is pretty much a long tutorial. Which you have to do before you can get on with the main story.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43:04 am »

ergo extreme handholding simulator
Black lives matter.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 06, 2016, 10:10:02 am »

Wait, you guys are talking about Fire Emblem 7, right?

Yeah, Lyn's story is most definitely a big ol' tutorial. But she shows up and becomes playable in the other stories, too, so it's not like she's neglected.

FE7 is awesome, though. You get to simultaneously use three lords. Three.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 70