Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98431 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: what
« Reply #855 on: May 14, 2016, 10:21:12 am »

Fates' difficulty has paranoid schizophrenia on a level rivalling John Nash. Chapter 10 is generally agreed to be the peak of the difficulty, but most of the game is pretty hard.

Chapter 11 is super-easy in comparison.
I'll push through 10, then; if it's still a struggle a few chapters later, I'll drop down to Normal. Thanks.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 14, 2016, 10:42:56 am »

You'll also really like 21 IIRC. It's the best.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 14, 2016, 11:36:52 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Conquest harder than Birthright?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 14, 2016, 11:48:46 am »

people on Serenes Forest have released a beta for a new translation patch of Genealogy of the Holy War that catches all the stuff previous translations didn't finish and fixes a few glitches today
It's FEF, not FEOF

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 14, 2016, 02:52:41 pm »

FE4 is a great game even when it's chock full of glitches and garbled nonsense text. It dun ned no transliterashun.

Ahem, but I wouldn't mind going through it again and understanding more than half of everything written. And not randomly crashing at the town you get the Defense Sword at. And not having placeholder text that explicitly refers to Batman and how everything isn't translated.

EDIT:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Conquest harder than Birthright?

Yes, you got that right. I mean, I thought Conquest was still kinda easy on Hard Classic, with only a few sticking points, but of the three it's the hardest, yes.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:56:05 pm by JoshuaFH »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 14, 2016, 07:16:20 pm »

Did anybody here pick up that Tokyo Mirage Sessions game that came out a while back? I'm curious what it's like, all I know is that it flopped really badly and wasn't exactly the SMT x FE crossover it was (accidentally?) advertised as (and it also gave us chromsteel) :I
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 14, 2016, 07:18:09 pm »

Wait, that came out? I thought it wasn't out anywhere but Japan yet.

I've seen gameplay, it seems more like a Persona game with FE stuff thrown in in a few places.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 14, 2016, 07:22:46 pm »

Wait what? Shoot, I could've sworn I heard it came out a while back. :I

Rephrasing: does anybody intend to buy it?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 14, 2016, 09:36:36 pm »

I was for a while, but don't currently plan to because of realizing I probably wouldn't have the time to finish it on my own, along with the fact that it took so long to release combined with personal issues regarding treehouses recent localization policies has killed most of my hype.

Apparently its gained enough revenue from CD sales and concerts that its a financial success despite the game itself doing badly though. The gameplay looked really fun based off the old preview videos I've seen before.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:39:27 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 14, 2016, 11:57:56 pm »

personal issues regarding treehouses recent localization policies has killed most of my hype.
Yay! I'm not alone!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 15, 2016, 03:51:31 am »

Even if it's obviously not an FE game, I do love Persona, so I'd play it... if I had a WII U! So yeah, I'm not playing it in the foreseeable future.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 15, 2016, 06:02:45 am »

If I had a WiiU, I'd totally buy it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 17, 2016, 09:18:51 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 18, 2016, 04:09:03 pm »

So, which game would you guys recommend for me to use to introduce my father to FE? I think that he'd really like them, but I'm unsure which game to show first; I've got 7, 8, and 9 (he probably wouldn't like Awakening or Fates [nor do I want to lend him or think he'd like using my 3DS], 10 is a sequel of course, 6 is sorta bullcrap at times and the translation is shoddy, and 3 and 4 have sorta archaic and involved interfaces that make them more fun to play after getting into the series and a feel for the mechanics.)

I want to go FE7 first because of the built-in tutorial, but I don't want the difficulty to turn him off. (I didn't think that 7 was all that hard TBH, but I also abused savestates to no end :v)
I want to go FE8 first because of the user-friendliness and reduced difficulty, but I don't want to have to explain the game mechanics or discourage him from going Ephraim's route (because seriously Phantom Ship is hell.)
I want to go FE9 first because of the darker story and arguably better graphics, but again, I don't want to have to explain the game mechanics, and I also I don't want him to get tired of the incredibly irritating music for the unskippable/un-turbo-able battles.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70