Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62

Author Topic: Mafia Setup Discussion and Review  (Read 223818 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Setup Discussion and Review
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2015, 06:21:51 pm »

I came up with a idea, but i'm not sure how(and if) will this work.

There is 2 teams with 2 members trying to kill the other team. A member team could NK, but the other could only inspect(only town or not)+track the targetted person.
About the slots, 3 or 4 mafia players, 2 players on team 1, 2 players on team 2 and 9 Townie players.
Any ideas to balance that? If the teams mix up well with townie, it is effectively 3 or 4 mafia v 2 vig, 2 cop and 9 other townies. Do i need to reduce the number of townies or what?
Hello?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 31, 2015, 07:28:25 pm »

There is 2 teams with 2 members trying to kill the other team. A member team could NK, but the other could only inspect(only town or not)+track the targetted person.
About the slots, 3 or 4 mafia players, 2 players on team 1, 2 players on team 2 and 9 Townie players.
Any ideas to balance that? If the teams mix up well with townie, it is effectively 3 or 4 mafia v 2 vig, 2 cop and 9 other townies. Do i need to reduce the number of townies or what?
Hello?

Well, with two Mafia teams there is going to be a lot of crossfire. I wouldn't put any Vig's in that set-up, personally. Otherwise you're going to have a really short game. Two Docs, maybe. Since both Scum teams will legitimately be hunting the other team it is actually really tough for town to figure out who is Mafia, but the crossfire hits to both teams can balance that out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2015, 10:31:56 pm »

Hello?

Well, with two Mafia teams there is going to be a lot of crossfire. I wouldn't put any Vig's in that set-up, personally. Otherwise you're going to have a really short game. Two Docs, maybe. Since both Scum teams will legitimately be hunting the other team it is actually really tough for town to figure out who is Mafia, but the crossfire hits to both teams can balance that out.

One similar setup that comes to mind is Two-Fold C9++, although it differs from H4zard's idea because town power roles that only affect one scum team or the other.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 29, 2015, 03:51:45 am »

I had an idea for a Mafia game and wanted to run it through here:

4 townies
3 trackers
1 Jester with the power to visit someone
1 serial killer with 3 powers; Kill someone, Visit someone and have that person kill someone, 1 shot visit someone have them visit someone who then visits someone and kills that person
If the sk is lynched day 1 the Jester will become the SK,

I've done some math and it looks like it would be balanced but I'm not sure so any concerns/improvement suggestions are welcome.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2015, 03:18:10 pm »

Does that set-up not have any Mafia in it?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2015, 03:23:40 pm »

Looks like no Mafia, yes...

This just may be my opinion, but I'd make one of the 4 townies a guardian(protector) instead.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 29, 2015, 03:31:01 pm »

If the SK uses the visit (or double visit) power, do any of the other players in the chain know what happened?  If the SK uses it on the Jester who is already visiting someone else, what happens?  What do the Trackers see in that case?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 29, 2015, 05:02:30 pm »

If the SK uses the visit (or double visit) power, do any of the other players in the chain know what happened?  If the SK uses it on the Jester who is already visiting someone else, what happens?  What do the Trackers see in that case?
Nobody in the chain will know this happened, and the jester will still visit normally, trackers will see who visited the person they watched (maybe I'm using the wrong role)

Looks like no Mafia, yes...

This just may be my opinion, but I'd make one of the 4 townies a guardian(protector) instead.
The problem with this is the sk only has "one life" so it's a bigger deal if he is denied a night kill since he is working alone.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 29, 2015, 05:25:10 pm »

Trackers see who their target visited. Watchers see who visited their target.
Perhaps you could use two of each?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 29, 2015, 05:27:14 pm »

Nobody in the chain will know this happened, and the jester will still visit normally, trackers will see who visited the person they watched (maybe I'm using the wrong role)

If you are using watchers, then what happens if the Jester visits the person who the SK then makes the Jester visit?  Does the jester show once or twice?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 29, 2015, 07:07:16 pm »

If you are using watchers, then what happens if the Jester visits the person who the SK then makes the Jester visit?  Does the jester show once or twice?
twice

Trackers see who their target visited. Watchers see who visited their target.
Perhaps you could use two of each?
Or two of 1 and 1 of the other, because it is 1 killer.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 29, 2015, 08:53:56 pm »

What effect does the Jester have on the game if he gets Lynched? Wins but game continues or Wins and everyone else instantly loses? Note that you can have a very short game if it is the latter but that the Jester will have a somewhat minor effect on the game if it is the Former.

Jesters kinda suck as a role, really. I've never really found a good spot for them.
Come play Mafia with us!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 29, 2015, 10:04:02 pm »

They win if they are lynched, mostly it's to throw in confusion as to who is the bad guy, however the game is over is either the the town or the sk wins, so the jester is on a time limit.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 29, 2015, 11:21:24 pm »

Well, then why would the town care if they are jester? Will the town and scum lose if the jester is lynched?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 29, 2015, 11:26:14 pm »

Town seems to have an incentive to lynch the jester Day 1 in the current set-up so as to prevent confusion and avoid the risk of the SK being lynched Day 1 causing the Jester to become the SK. Jester is annoying alive and just wastes a day if lynched.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62