Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317913 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #331 on: February 01, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »

Hah, I got so unlucky there.  I've lost a lot of motivation recently, just in general, so I'm not feeling in the mood to write last-words dialogue for Zentol.
Can I write something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 01, 2014, 02:57:27 pm »

How long do you want? 2-3 last words of rebuke, or a speech that would bring tears to Roy Batty's artificial eyes?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 01, 2014, 04:26:23 pm »

Whatever the heck you feel like, you're the one who wanted to write something.  Zentol wouldn't really be angry, though.   Maybe confused, or nonplussed, possibly even impressed, but not enraged.  Most of his prior rage was pretty much a deception to goad people into attacking him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 01, 2014, 05:12:23 pm »

"It's done. I've fought monsters, and stared into the abyss staring back at me. I've seen worse, I've seen greater, I've done greater. I've made things, made people you wouldn't believe. I've traveled the worlds, seen ships fire off the shoulders off the Orion. Seen sea beams glitter in the moonlight, dousing the Tannhäuser gates. And all those moments, all that power, will be lost in time, like blood in the rain. And all I have ever made is all I will ever. Even this speech, wrenched from the mouth of an artificial man.
"This life, this power, drains from me as I fall into this abyss, to be rent asunder. My mind lost to eternity, my power...To whom will my power go? To the strongest. The big fish eating the small, in an endless cycle. And why? This is violence! Why are there so many worlds consumed in violence, no purpose but this endless cycle of blood and blade, spell and souls? How many have suffered, for the base amusement of some cruel gods? How many have I killed? Does it matter? I was always cut down to the level of the field.
"Will I return? If I do, will I be the same? Does anything I will do matter? ...Does anything I have done matter?"

"It...it is finished. Applaud, friends; the tragedy is over."

"...Rosebud."

((Okay, I plagiarized a fair number of dying words--and one famed quote which wasn't dying words--but it's not fair to only rip off one guy. Good luck finding them all.))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:17:36 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 01, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »

"...Rosebud."
* Elephant Parade claps.

That was the perfect ending.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 01, 2014, 05:18:02 pm »

((If you had a chance to give dying words, wouldn't you do the same?
Also, fixed punctuation.))
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 01, 2014, 05:25:29 pm »

"It's done. I've fought monsters, and stared into the abyss staring back at me. I've seen worse, I've seen greater, I've done greater. I've made things, made people you wouldn't believe. I've traveled the worlds, seen ships fire off the shoulders off the Orion. Seen sea beams glitter in the moonlight, dousing the Tannhäuser gates. And all those moments, all that power, will be lost in time, like blood in the rain. And all I have ever made is all I will ever. Even this speech, wrenched from the mouth of an artificial man.
"This life, this power, drains from me as I fall into this abyss, to be rent asunder. My mind lost to eternity, my power...To whom will my power go? To the strongest. The big fish eating the small, in an endless cycle. And why? This is violence! Why are there so many worlds consumed in violence, no purpose but this endless cycle of blood and blade, spell and souls? How many have suffered, for the base amusement of some cruel gods? How many have I killed? Does it matter? I was always cut down to the level of the field.
"Will I return? If I do, will I be the same? Does anything I will do matter? ...Does anything I have done matter?"

"It...it is finished. Applaud, friends; the tragedy is over."

"...Rosebud."

((Okay, I plagiarized a fair number of dying words--and one famed quote which wasn't dying words--but it's not fair to only rip off one guy. Good luck finding them all.))
Okay, I expected something more in character. And with the original perplexicon words. And way shorter, the rest of the players were supposed to hear that before getting out of sight. Just so that he could have a death a little more awesome.

Anyway, I'm going to miss Zentol's roleplay. We may be in Bay12, but Eldritch psychopats don't grow from mutilated elven remans.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 01, 2014, 05:37:00 pm »

I'm not particularly familiar with Zentol's "character"-ness, although I'm 90% sure he was at least in Perplexicon before this.

I don't know how to translate English to Perplexicon.

And if you want something short, sweet, and to the point...

"Fuck you all! Rosebud!"
Sig

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 01, 2014, 05:43:27 pm »

Yeah, I expected similar, especially considering I've given GWG the wordlist he uses.

As far as the actual text, only the second half of the one before last would really be likely for Zentol.  And I'm pretty sure It's impossible to translate that into... Perplese?  Plexish?  Whatever the language should be called.

Heh, if people actually wanted, maybe I could have Zentol be an OOC commentator.   Who speaks in a language nobody's fluent in.

EDIT:Zentol wasn't in the original.  I had a similar character, Faust, but he was more vengeful.  And didn't speak in a different language.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 01, 2014, 05:57:54 pm »

Yeah, I expected similar, especially considering I've given GWG the wordlist he uses.

As far as the actual text, only the second half of the one before last would really be likely for Zentol.  And I'm pretty sure It's impossible to translate that into... Perplese?  Plexish?  Whatever the language should be called.

Heh, if people actually wanted, maybe I could have Zentol be an OOC commentator.   Who speaks in a language nobody's fluent in.

EDIT:Zentol wasn't in the original.  I had a similar character, Faust, but he was more vengeful.  And didn't speak in a different language.
I don't know if I would include Zentol's speech into the actual turns, but I like the idea. Like a tribute to PW's job.

I'm not particularly familiar with Zentol's "character"-ness, although I'm 90% sure he was at least in Perplexicon before this.
Considering that Zentol was the word for, well, Zentol, back in the Original Perplexicon, a character named after that word would be unlikely. (Fun fact: my wordlist actually says Zentol as the translation for whatever word is here)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 01, 2014, 06:01:32 pm »

Ah, heck, you got me interested in it again.  Here's some last words.

As Zentol executes his jump, he begins to sneer something back at Derm, but cuts himself off as his feet touch paper.

"Conshael Don-  Celthel?!"

As he falls, Zentol Zzerallthonth tries to look back at his slayer.

"Ushaal Zoth-Hareth..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2014, 06:07:56 pm »

Huh?

As far as the actual text, only the second half of the one before last would really be likely for Zentol.
Which part?

Even if he wasn't in the actual game, the fact that he spoke Perplexicon suggested he was from that world.
And you have to admit, "Poison" would be an awesome name. Especially if people saying it might accidentally poison themselves.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 01, 2014, 07:12:03 pm »

Ah, heck, you got me interested in it again.  Here's some last words.

As Zentol executes his jump, he begins to sneer something back at Derm, but cuts himself off as his feet touch paper.

"Conshael Don-  Celthel?!"

As he falls, Zentol Zzerallthonth tries to look back at his slayer.

"Ushaal Zoth-Hareth..."
I will edit this into the turn.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 197