Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317886 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #720 on: March 26, 2014, 08:56:34 am »

"Oh, I see. You wouldn't happen to have a less shitty version of this book I have here, would you? It's several types of ruined. Also seems to be missing numbers and, well, any sort of explanation whatsoever."
But doing so would ruin all of our joy! Seeing how you maul yourselves while dealing with things you can't quite comprehend is funny. You are making a damned lot of questions to be someone who has lost two feet due to miscasts.
Remember that he has two souls already, maybe he is more intelligent than what he seems. Or horribly lucky. Maybe both.
I'm leaning towards the last explanation.
He is not going to survive much longer if he doesn't fix that, anyway. I wonder about why the others have not killed him already.

((Everybody who wants to roleplay, I'm letting you come to the Portal Room and do so, as long as you are not engaged in combat. the turn will come afterwards))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 26, 2014, 09:10:31 am »

((Aclaration: Karen doesn't have a +4 to pot. She rolled for will there, but I copied the wrong thing))
Interesting.

You hear Karen's voice in your head:
Haven't you been paying attention? We want power, mainly. I can't be surprised for you amazing deducting power, anyway, considering that you burned yourself trying to use a one-word spell to ignite a metal hammer.
"Silver melts, witch! ...And how do you intend to get this power?"

He is not going to survive much longer if he doesn't fix that, anyway. I wonder about why the others have not killed him already.
"Some of us understand the value of working with others, barbarian."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 26, 2014, 10:51:57 am »

You hear Karen's voice in your head:
Haven't you been paying attention? We want power, mainly. I can't be surprised for you amazing deducting power, anyway, considering that you burned yourself trying to use a one-word spell to ignite a metal hammer.
"Silver melts, witch! ...And how do you intend to get this power?"
Were you so offensive?
Not much, he just appears to be really proud of himself.
Haha, silly bastard. We are going to kill you once you have killed enough people.
And silver melts at exactly at 1234.93 degrees Kelvin. You are not going to get to that temperature with short-length combustions of low amounts of fuel.
Bragging asshole- Karen frowns, then Timothy rolls his eyes.

"Some of us understand the value of working with others, barbarian."
Definitely thinks that he is the good guy, or he is too innocent.
Barbarian? I'm going to rip your head and stuff it through you neck!
Timothy, he is going to have died before you can achieve that, rendering all your little sadistic experiment pretty much useless.
Do you always have to make things so boring?
Guys.
Okay. Dammit.
Getting back to the subject, you all should get the highest amount of souls if you want to survive, you know. Not that you have even a little possibility of beating any of us-You hear Karen inside your head- We mean both Roger and me- But it would at least make things more interesting, right?
And in turn it would allow us to actually increase in power, rather than just ending a life.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:33 am »

The dragon knight glares at Tim the barbaric man.

"You wear a wolf-headed bone helm like a northern barbarian, come at us with axes, and expect to be considered a knight? You are even more a fool than your...companions have implied.
"But now, for important matters. You say you will kill us if we kill enough people, and that if we want to survive we need to kill many people. So which is it? If I killed everyone here, would I live or die? And if I did not, which would happen? Would I live or die?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 26, 2014, 11:40:25 am »

The dragon knight glares at Tim the barbaric man.

"You wear a wolf-headed bone helm like a northern barbarian, come at us with axes, and expect to be considered a knight? You are even more a fool than your...companions have implied.
And you are a fool for believing in your ideals. He then turns to Roger: the kind of social scum that you gathered is...odd.
Yes, these are the first ones. I will eventually select better ones, or at least the ones with more psychopathic tendencies.

"But now, for important matters. You say you will kill us if we kill enough people, and that if we want to survive we need to kill many people. So which is it? If I killed everyone here, would I live or die? And if I did not, which would happen? Would I live or die?"
Let me explain how this happens-Timothy stepped forwards- If you reap many souls, your soul becomes unable to gather those that are weak. Did I say it right?
Mostly. Higher soul densities are apparently unable to absorb lower density ones, thus preventing us from gaining more power. It is the same principle that applies to creatures created by magic: the souls of those creatures have existed for so few instants that they are weak even for a standard human soul.
And that means that there should be technically a little possibility for you to beat us once you get powerful enough, but that's why you are thrown without explanaition here. Also, if you don't kill, somebody will kill you anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 26, 2014, 12:09:01 pm »

"Ideals should be followed. I have no issues with ignoring them when need be. By God's grace, the need has not yet been. And call me a fool, but I am not fool enough to fail to see your despicable plot."
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 26, 2014, 01:46:59 pm »

"Ideals should be followed. I have no issues with ignoring them when need be. By God's grace, the need has not yet been. And call me a fool, but I am not fool enough to fail to see your despicable plot."
Duh, obvious plot is obvious-He then turned to Karen-Yeah, it would be better that way. Should we tell him that- The man paused for a brief amount of time- Okay.
It seems that we got all the information we wanted from them.
Let's wait for a little more, maybe somebody else will show.
I hope that the rest is in better fighting condition than these two.
Or at least smart enough to fix their weapons.

You can hear again Karen's voice in your head:
Guess what? I'm talking about you.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 26, 2014, 02:43:05 pm »

"Ah, Darwinist Psychopathic Murder Lords. Great. I'll have you know that my feet are merely a setback. Question, then! What's your end game, here? Say I get like fifty souls and you manage to nab that from me, preferably with significant difficulty. Great. What comes after? Another arena? What's the purpose of all the gathering?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 26, 2014, 02:52:46 pm »

"I was aware. For your information, I had no idea whether the repairs on the hammer were from direct manipulation or general repair, and given the nature of magic in this...realm, I found the former more likely. I had not a minute to determine the nature of the ring before you began insulting me for not instantly divining the purpose of the ring when I saw the dwarf's actions."
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 26, 2014, 03:16:04 pm »

"Ah, Darwinist Psychopathic Murder Lords. Great. I'll have you know that my feet are merely a setback. Question, then! What's your end game, here? Say I get like fifty souls and you manage to nab that from me, preferably with significant difficulty. Great. What comes after? Another arena? What's the purpose of all the gathering?

Umm, what was it guys? World domination was something far too big for a goal, right?
Yes, that's too much, but we are just some steps ahead of what AT will want on the long term. Before the knowledge of all this leaks out and this becomes widespread, we want to be in a better position than the rest. Even better than those of the high executives. I think that they will be the ones that will be in the worst condition, actually. They don't want to get their hands dirty
It is quite an advantage to work with what will be the biggest news in history of mankind, actually.
We have theories, but we think that all this will either end up in either a big faction mind-controlling every person on the world, or just plain anarchy will be what lies in the future.
Economic collapse will be the first thing that will ensue, that's pretty certain. Then the society will rapidly descend into anarchy, people not needing anything other than themselves to survive and get whatever they want, thus not needing somebody to protect them. Either that or someone will just kill everybody by dissolving the fabrics of the universe, we are not sure.
Not to mention the always possible religious fanatics that can just pop out of nowhere.
Hey, they would have a motive to follow a religion, at least. The-He is interrupted by Karen-We are not even sure about what they are, so don't make any conclusions yet.
So, to sum up, we are relieving you from having to endure the collapse of the society and increasing our own probabilities of survival here.

"I was aware. For your information, I had no idea whether the repairs on the hammer were from direct manipulation or general repair, and given the nature of magic in this...realm, I found the former more likely. I had not a minute to determine the nature of the ring before you began insulting me for not instantly divining the purpose of the ring when I saw the dwarf's actions."

You rubbed the ring against the hammer and saw how it worked, do you actually need more information?
Both men nodded after a brief time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 26, 2014, 03:19:40 pm »

"It could have been manipulating the form of the gold, or perhaps it could do so with any metal. I had no clue--all I knew is that it could repair bent golden hammers, or at least that one. I have seen people turn their limbs into axes and their selves into paper. I do not expect magic to be simple and sensible without making absolutely sure it is."
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 26, 2014, 08:28:35 pm »

Is it too soon to say that three players haven't posted their actions yet?

They are:
-Bigfoot
-RathofSTS
-Icefire2314

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:21 am »

Technically, I haven't posted an action either.

Are they going to respond to the Dragon Knight?
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 27, 2014, 06:26:29 am »

Technically, I haven't posted an action either.

Are they going to respond to the Dragon Knight?
((Let's make this in-game))

Both men pretend that they haven't heard you. Karen just stays floating staring at nowhere. It seems that you don't really ahve any informational value for them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 27, 2014, 09:38:15 am »

The Dragon Knight glares at them for a moment, then returns to his work.

I'll show them. Mark my words...

Stuff.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 197