Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317784 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Introducing FORCE RHINO
« Reply #2790 on: February 20, 2016, 05:34:15 am »

Is it me or no one else had PM'd their actions yet?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Introducing FORCE RHINO
« Reply #2791 on: February 20, 2016, 02:01:00 pm »

Focus POT
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: The Halberdier and the Monster
« Reply #2792 on: February 21, 2016, 08:45:25 am »

Turn 142

>.> I was busy

Focus Pot, then

Sadfaec snaps out of his sleep and begins to focus his inner energies the best way he knows: by crying a lot.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

An only slightly better type of panic is knowing perfectly well what's happening and not being able to do anything about it.

Focus Pot, somehow.

You start to scream, until your shouting overrides the shouting from the tiny metal man! Well, somewhat, but it is still enough for you to focus in enhancing your magical capabilities.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote from: Illgeo
PM

FORCE RHINO casts a spell:

[Pot:2+1=3]
His transformation goes off, and he is back at being a human, a short human, but a human nevertheless. But, his right hand begins to glow, a weak, yet uncontrolled glow, which caused a suddenly flash of illumination as his right hand transforms into a tiny human. It speaks in a tiny, irritating voice:

"What? Where am I? OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T I MOVE MY LEGS?"

It then proceeds to notice how they are fused to your arm, and tiny cries of despair come from it.

Spoiler: New form: (click to show/hide)

Huh, this didn't go as planned. Unless you wanted to stop being FORCE RHINO, and attach a tiny sentient human to your wrist.

Focus POT

Disappointed at the fact that the FORCE RHINO decided to discard your totally awesome and badass gift, you focus your inner energies, as the shadows of your skin laugh maniacally, their burning red eyes becoming little more than slits in their laughs.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR

Quote from: H4zardZ1
PM

You try some magic:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears, and begins to twist itself in a series of interwoven rings. The pattern extends until a shape is drawn out of that texture: a human torso. With a flash of light, it materializes into nothing, just disappearing. But just as it apparently ceased to exist, a myriad of thoughts manifested on your head. Unformed, primitive and without meaning, like that of a conscience which has barely begun its existence in this world. But they eventually fade away too, and you are left with nothing.

That was weird.

You notice that the huge obsidian skull attached to the northern wall is opening, and its unholy energies intensify. A bad omen, but perhaps not for you.

Let us begin to litter this arena with weapons!

Try WORDS to make a soul-stealing-steel halberd!

Try and stab, smack, hit, poke, jab, boop, chop or otherwise violently touch it with my new weapon. :D

[Bigf01t spd:5-1=6]
[Hydra spd:2]

Bigf01t reacts more quickly and tries to summon a new weapon!

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears, and draws what appears to be an axe, fused with a spear. Ahh, you know these things, these are halberds. With a flash of light, it materializes into steel and begins to emit green vapors which forms screaming faces from time to time. They are accompanied by laments, moaning, and all those sounds of suffering that you are already used to. You grab it and find it to be quite good, if maybe not so powerful regarding the sheer concentration of the souls of the damned inside of it. Your flesh-repelling aura modifies itself to incorporate the halberd to it, and now circles it too.

-Ectoplasmic steel halberd:
[Hacking weapon]
[Piercing weapon]
[Unholy:4]
You can choose which kind of attack to perform.

Having done that, Bigf01t started to attack:

Attack chosen at random: stab.

[Bif01t dex:5-1=4]
[Hydra dex:3]

[Bigf01t str:4]

[Hydra will:5]

The halberd is stabbed in the monster's midsection. The weaker grip of the wailing souls doesn't manage to harm the metaphysical entity of the Hydra in any meaningful way, though. And the apparent lack of vital organs seems to indicate that this attack was ultimately futile. Even worse, the swing moved away some of the fleshy bits that repelled more flesh from your aura, and now it is weakened.

The Hydra, on the other hand, quickly shoves the halberd back to you and aims again at your feet with its tentacles:

[Hydra dex:5+1=6]
[Bigf01t dex:3+1+1=5]

They wrap around his legs, if albeit loosely. The bits of flesh of the aura collide with the tentacles and fall away.

The aura is removed!

The Hydra is now trying to bring you to the floor!

[Hydra str:3]
[Bigf01t str:4]

But fortunately the Phantom halberdier manages to wiggle his foots away from the odd tentacles.

The Hydra then hisses and goes away. The silvery human head stares at you, its expression blank. It is unsettling.

Quote from: endlessblaze
NO ACTION

The sense of imminent doom intensifies, and endlessblaze realizes that it may be possible that his inaction is attracted unwanted attention. An unwanted, murderous attention.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The Halberdier and the Monster
« Reply #2793 on: February 22, 2016, 09:25:16 am »

Adopt a defensive pose behind my shield and use my WILL POWARS to HACK with my Halberd, the whole idea is to get it stuck, if at all possible.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: February 23, 2016, 04:56:31 am »

Lemme try this
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

blazing glory

« Reply #2795 on: February 23, 2016, 06:23:43 am »

Scream magic words even louder.

Also grab the guy, if I ever let go.

"ORQUA TERNTE!"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: February 23, 2016, 09:34:37 pm »

Action tomorrow

Just so you know

Sorry
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: February 28, 2016, 01:41:12 pm »

uhhhhh.....focus pot
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: The Fall of a monster.
« Reply #2798 on: March 02, 2016, 01:04:18 pm »

Turn 143

Lemme try this

You mutter to yourself to let you try something. Like if you were trying to convince your self-preservation instinct to let you go and jump over a pool of magma just to see if you can. Anyway, you move to the Northern hallway. Standing on the southern side of it, you can observe the insides of the Grand Room. The spherical spheres of light are still illuminating the room, which looks as normal as always. If you ignore the diamond hippo who is currently practicing moving with a foreleg less. This gives you an idea.

You point below the creature, and cast a spell:

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

A great surface below the murderous hippo glows with light, great golden particles emanating from it. With a flash of light, it all transforms into a mass of a semi-transparent dark substance, and everything near it begins to be pulled towards it. Even Redz, who was on the contiguous room.

[Hippo str:4]
[Redz str:5-1=4]

((You get exposure in equal proportions! The effect on Redz is mitigated due to the distance from the object.))

The diamond creature can't even scream before the bulk of its body is pulled into the vortex. It crawls desperately with its useless front legs, managing to at least prevent the upper half of its body from being swallowed.

Redz was caught totally unaware, the strength of the pull being too much to bear, even from the hallway. Unable to grasp properly at the stone arch that makes the entrance to the Grand Room (mostly due to the lack of a hand), Redz was pulled to the floor and then pulled to the edge of the pit of darkness, where the odd substance swallowed his other hand, before the dark matter canceled itself with the rest of the air. The realization that he now cannot grasp shit hits hard on him. But even harder is the fact that he is now bleeding from the stump, and it hurts.

You lack your right hand too.
[Bleeding II]
You can't grab stuff.
And now you have a -2 to wrestling.

You are also now [On ground]

But the murderous hippo quickly reallizes the source of this attack, and attempts to bite Redz, moving as much as it can:

[Hippo dex:1+1-1-1=0]
[Redz dex:5+1-1=5]

But the sluggish movements of the beast left much to be desired, and gave Redz the opportunity to roll away and stand, using only is legs. A feat for those who lack coordination, but clearly not for Redz.

He is no longer On ground!

Scream magic words even louder.

Also grab the guy, if I ever let go.

"ORQUA TERNTE!"

You scream with even more force the words:

[Pot:1+1+1=3]
[Blazing dex:6]

[Man dex: autofail] ((As it is attached to your body, you control its positioning))

You feel the magic energies ready to pour from your still-existing hand. And you do so, a sudden thought makes you release your grip on the man, and instead point at it at almost point blank. A small blob of acid comes out of your hand and almost totally covers the tiny man, who cries in pain as the man is dissolved completely. After that, only a slight bump of metal is coming from your stump.

Step 1: removing annoying tiny man, check.
Step 2: ? ? ?
Step 3: profit!

Action tomorrow

Just so you know

Sorry

You say some more bullshit. Totally aware of the possible implications of those words. Yeah. OHMYGODPLEASEDONTEXPLODEINMYFACE.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears, and then it splits in two. Then it begins to draw a pair of gloves. Clawed gloves. With a flash of light, they materialize in green glass, but fortunately the gloves are articulated for this, and seem to be made out of segments that, while not being the most comfortable to wear, allow your hands to move. You quickly put them on, and notice the enhanced perceptiveness that control gives, this time over glass, it seems.

Glass control clawed gloves:
[Smooth surface]
[Has an edge]
Can control glass!
Also, you can manipulate stuff with your hands just as normal.

uhhhhh.....focus pot

Your avert your incoming doom by focusing your inner energies.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adopt a defensive pose behind my shield and use my WILL POWARS to HACK with my Halberd, the whole idea is to get it stuck, if at all possible.

[Bigf01t spd:2-1=1]
[Hydra spd:4]

Before Bigf01t could react, the Hydra launched yet again a flurry of strikes. The silver head comes first:

[Hydra dex:3-1=2]
[Bigf01t dex:4+1=5]

But the shot goes wide, and the head keeps its momentum and the limb tangles itself with the other ones. Bigf01t uses this opportunity to counter-attack, dropping his shield and grabbing the halberd:

[Bigf10t dex:5]
[Hydra dex:2]

[Bigf01t str:3]

[Hydra will:4] No soul damage.

An horizontal chop manages to cut the flesh of the Hydra, but the weapon is not stuck inside and the Hydra walks away, far from the reach of the weapon.

But the Hydra doesn't take into account the mental powers of its foe. Bigf01t now tries to hack at the Hydra from a distance:

[Bigf01t will:4]

[Bigf01t dex:6+1=7]
[Hydra dex:1-1=0] +2 hacking damage (added to the will roll)

Bigf01t launches the weapon forwards, and his mind assumes control over it. But, instead of just making it swing once, he opts for making it rotate horizontally until it becomes a sweeping blade of doomed souls and steel. The rotation takes the Hydra totally unaware of what was going to happen, and it didn't manage to even move away. The blade chopped the Hydra in half in a single hit, and the various heads of its upper body dropped limp to the ground. The purple rune on the humanoid head disappeared, and an eerie sense of calmness overtook the platform.

A line of white smoke, thicker than normal, came out of the deceased body and entered Bigf01t's body. He feels the power. He loves it.

The Hydra has been slain by Bigf01t. He gains 5 stat points

The head of the Guide quickly comes from above, as emotionless as always.

"You have a brief moment to gather yourself. Immediately afterwards, you will have to follow the road upstairs"

A spiral staircase made of stone slowly descends into the platform.

((You have full pool now))

Quote from: Beirus
NO ACTION

Quote from: Illgeo
NO ACTION

Both of the beings in the Magma Room suddenly feel a chill running down their spines. And, judging by the heat coming from the magma moat, it is a dire premonition.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

blazing glory

Re: Tribulations in Magic: The Fall of a monster.
« Reply #2799 on: March 02, 2016, 05:30:50 pm »

Marky examines his book of scribbled notes and words.

"Oh I see, how stupid of me."

"Lets not do that again."

Step two:Don't botch the spell this time.

Ignore the other screaming guy and say "Anci Itiuperon Erante Ciis"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: March 02, 2016, 06:56:47 pm »

ok...time to get serious about this...
if I'm reading this right I should be able to control steel with this...

Ciis Oner Atiticiru
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: March 03, 2016, 03:38:07 am »

Supermassive blackhole plan went wrong were too much to handle
Now i am no-handed
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 03, 2016, 04:26:22 am »

THIS PLEASES ME.
THIS PLEASES ME GREATLY.

If I can strap my shield to my back then do so, if not say WORDS and use the result to (hopefully) do the same.

Also cast Other Words and see what happens!

Go pick up both the Halberd and the Rapier, take a deep breath of satisfaction and head up the stairs.

((I will spend my soul-points shortly, depending on what I want to do next, once I figure that out/find out what's going to go on upstairs!))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: March 05, 2016, 01:38:57 am »

Focus potency. Slow and steady wins the souls.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: March 08, 2016, 01:21:49 pm »

PM
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 197