Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213237 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2014, 04:02:11 pm »

Over 250 posts between my thread checkings.  Good God you people are wordy.

I'm ready for my close-up, Mr DeMille!

Well, the inquisitor is kill-happy, because he doesn't follow your frelling rules.
I'm not actually sure as to what "lynching" will do in this game.
I'd wager Dr. Nerjin's gun was not left here by accident.
...I had not thought of that.

You don't think a gun on the desk right there where we can get it is relevant?

Psshhh, heh, no... *shifts eyes rapidly*

Makeinu:
Makeinu:  What would you do to someone you think is puzzle solving too much to hunt scum?

Wait. There's a difference? I thought finding scum was the puzzle. Your question makes no sense to me...

This is at least a mild bastard mod.  That means there's a bit of something non-standard going on here.  Puzzle solving would be trying to figure that out.  Scum hunting is determining who is scum and lynching them- so mechanics versus players.  Now you should be able to answer that.

Well, the real problem is this: how do you hunt scum when you don't understand the parameters? Indeed, when the parameters have been deliberately hidden from you?

So on the one hand, lynch the bastard for not hunting scum, and on the other, who the hell are we even looking for?

We have three who've admitted to being told they're Evil. This is a school of wizardry, of some sort, so damned if that's not surprising in the least. It's also a strong indicator to me that Evil is not the criteria we need to solve for, i.e., lynching the Evil students won't solve our problem.

We also have the fact that two of those claimants deny having anything to do with summoning the meteor.

So, alignment is a distraction, a red herring.

Look, a supermodel! Look, a hoverboard! Look, the apocalypse! Someone got hit in the boingloings! Hit in the boingloings! Boingloings! Boingloings! Somebody got hit in them. Peace out!

meteor poisoning!!

I laughed.

Man, I really wrote that? Har!

WUBA:

• Are you evil?
1. No.

So much for no lying!
[/quote]

Actually, he never said he wouldn't lie to us. He said nothing he'd say would be 100% lie. His lies are, from what I can see, lies by omission. He's not telling us anything that's untrue, he's just not telling us much that is outright true, and nothing that's outright false.

What he is doing is concealing the truth behind clever phrases and pretty prose. Flavor. Fluff.

2. No.  Maybe.  There's a line in my flavor that on first glance looked like flavor, but upon discarding assumptions, may actually be a wincon, though it's not stated as such.  I've PMed Web for clarification, since PM role questions tend to yield more relevant responses than in-thread questions.

For the record, WUBA was extremely unhelpful in clarifying this.

Does this surprise you, in the least? Answer honestly, and that answer should be no, because it shouldn't surprise you at all.

Everyone: You all have win conditions. Even Wuba and Nerjin have win conditions: confuse us and be amused at our flounderings. Right now, they're the only ones winning.

Go, now, and reread your role statements. Carefully. Don't just skim them, looking for the obvious "push this button to win the game". Look through the words, push aside the fluff, ignore the flavor because you probably hate pineapple anyway and grapes don't really taste like that, and look for what your role is telling you.

Because there's a win in there somewhere.

UI: Can I tell a bad one?

An electron and a positron walk into a bar.

The positron says, "It's your turn to buy drinks."

The electron asks, "Are you sure?"

The positron says, "I'm positive."

Badumbumtsch!!

Two theoretical physicists are at the top of a mountain, lost, and arguing over their location. Finally, one grabs the map from the other and studies it carefully. After a moment, he says, "I've got it. See that mountain?" and points at a neighboring peak.

"We're over there!"

Yow!

I'll be here all week!
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2014, 04:11:14 pm »

Makeinu:  I also wrote that question (and that reply to you) before the whole wincon kerfluffle.  So it's a bit irrelevant now, really!

No, I'm not surprised about the wincon.  He was also singularly unhelpful when asked about roleflips, even in the context of the game.

I certainly have something that could be interpreted as a wincon in the case of the "ignore all assumptions and look at the flavor and nothing else" interpretation.  Problem is, even THAT is vague.

Maybe the items are the key?  Each item has to find its way to a certain player?

Everyone:  Building on what Makeinu said above, if you see something that could be a wincon in your flavor, does it appear an item could solve it for you?  If you have an item, does its description imply someone else in particular might want it?

Two blondes were walking in the woods when they came upon a set of tracks.  They stopped and looked at them for a few minutes until the first one spoke up.  "Those are deer tracks!"   The second laughed and said "You dummy!  Those are wolf tracks!"

They continued to argue back and forth on what kind of tracks they were for a while, and then the train hit them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2014, 04:33:02 pm »

PFP

Has anyone tried to take the gun off the desk?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 27, 2014, 04:34:37 pm »

Toaster, keeping his eye out for an opportunity, moves to take the revolver off the desk.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 27, 2014, 04:36:36 pm »

PFP

....No.

Do we know firearm safety? (Also I missed that one >_>)

Everyone: You all have win conditions. Even Wuba and Nerjin have win conditions: confuse us and be amused at our flounderings. Right now, they're the only ones winning.

Go, now, and reread your role statements. Carefully. Don't just skim them, looking for the obvious "push this button to win the game". Look through the words, push aside the fluff, ignore the flavor because you probably hate pineapple anyway and grapes don't really taste like that, and look for what your role is telling you.

Because there's a win in there somewhere.

Everyone:  Building on what Makeinu said above, if you see something that could be a wincon in your flavor, does it appear an item could solve it for you?  If you have an item, does its description imply someone else in particular might want it?
I'm straightforward here with you guys when I say I can't read anything that pertains to any kind of win-any kind of goal "other than 'be normal' which I don't even know means-or can be achieved (lose my powers? That isn't also normal..) or see anything pertaining to what I should do. At all.

So yeah. Nothing.
Nothing.
And I've no item.

PPE:
:O
Toaster, keeping his eye out for an opportunity, moves to take the revolver off the desk.
I really think we need a moving votecount-as in, links in OP/ provided links.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 27, 2014, 04:39:40 pm »

If "be normal" is explicitly stated, then you might have it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #426 on: January 27, 2014, 04:40:39 pm »

As the students continued arguing they felt an oncoming dread. It was a presence they had not felt in a long long time (Which, for their age group, was about two or three months). Ceasing all arguing they turned slowly towards the door, almost in unison, as they tried to convince themselves, to varying degrees of success, that they were wrong about what they felt.

*Thud*

The water inside Mr. Badict’s gold plated personalized wrist-mounted super-soaker with the fancy transparent water tank, to allow for such moments as this, trembled.

*Thud*

It was getting closer.

*Thud*

It couldn’t be…

*Thud*

No…

*Thud*

Oh no!

*Thud*

Panic began setting in.

*Thud*

The students panic was reaching a fever pitch!!!

*Thud*

They began to calm down due to the slightly pleasant aroma of Notquitethere’s perfume bottle shattering from the sheer amount of fear in the room. Lilacs. Very nice. Very soothing.

*Thud*

Mr. Badict talked about lilacs sometimes. Were there lilacs in his safe location?

*Thud*

Huh? Oh yeah! Uh, abject terror and fear and lilacs and certain doom and whatever…

*Thud*

The dark shadow of the approaching form rested before their door.

“Oh no… No…” Notquitethere whispered as they tried desperately to will away the shadow. But even their mighty powers of not really having any legitimate authority could sway the shadow.

Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly the door opened revealing…

MEPH ANSTERAS THE ROBOT JANITOR! He stood at exactly five and a half feet tall and wielded his broom of dusting like a warrior wielding a very similar broom of dusting that he used to dust things that needed dusting! The very appearance of his mutton chops was enough to drive MyOwnWorstEnemy into a fearful whimper! His red eyes filled with fire and brimstone scanned the room slowly. The jagged spikes on his shoulders trembled with each robotic breath of pure hatred.

Slowly his jagged maw opened releasing lava with each word he spoke “Have you children seen Dr. Nerjin?” Surprisingly gentle despite his fearsome appearance.

Trembling in everlasting torment at the very sight of this man Notquitethere, and their classmates, answered in unison “He was here a moment ago…”

“Oh Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom, I can’t seem to find that man anywhere. So what are you kids up to?” Mr. Ansteras asked in a surprisingly non-horrifying way.

The children flinched as Mr. Ansteras addressed them again “We’re trying to find out who summoned the meteor that will kill us all…” Mumbled 4Mask

“Oh, that sounds fun. I’m not worried about it myself. Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom, will save us. I know it in my circuit board and-“ Mr. Ansteras paused momentarily “What’s this!?”

“AH!” Shouted the students in fear as Mr. Ansteras slowly walked towards the desk and picked up Dr. Nerjin’s Revolver.

“This isn’t very safe… I’ll hold onto this so you kids don’t end up hurting eachother. Anyways, have fun trying to find out who did all this.”

The children glanced at one another.

“Processing encounter….”

“What?” Notquitethere asked the speaking student.

“Encounter processed… Mr. Ansteras value equals Robot… True. Missing files… Status: Still missing.”

“Uh… Okay?” Seemed a little bit of an odd observation to make.

“Um… Did anyone else notice that he just seemed to take away something we thought was a clue right after introducing it?”

“Yeah… So?”

“The fluff gods must hate us!”

“Oh Toad, here we go again. Lemme guess, the ‘fluff’ gods summoned the meteor too?”

Note: Of the 13 players, only 2 tried to take the gun! But, that wouldn't work, anyway!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz - Hapah,
Hapah -
HissihnWalnuts -
Leafsnail -
makeinu -
mastahcheese - Toaster,
MyOwnWorstEnemy - RangerCado,
notquitethere - Leafsnail, Tiruin,
RangerCado -
TheDarkStar -
(Extend Used) Tiruin -
Toaster -
No Lynch - notquitethere,

Not Voting - 4maskwolf, Caz, HissihnWalnuts, makeinu, mastahcheese, MyOwnWorstEnemy, TheDarkStar,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Make sure I didn't miss your vote. Mostly done with LurkerTracker!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:51:54 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #427 on: January 27, 2014, 04:43:05 pm »

Get Meph to edit this.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 27, 2014, 04:57:25 pm »

*stares at the classroom vote board for a moment*

:o

???

:-\

*pulls out EyePad and checks the Lurker Tracker*

???
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 27, 2014, 05:04:07 pm »

Sounds like someone else tried to take it via PM.  Sneaky!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 27, 2014, 06:38:29 pm »

Also, note the proof of my useless item - the lurker tracker will show a vote by me, but the votecount doesn't.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 27, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »

'Tain't proof o' nothin' such.

That vote board matches the one from the Lurker Tracker only in that they both have letters.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 27, 2014, 06:42:29 pm »

That vote board matches the one from the Lurker Tracker only in that they both have letters.

Wait, are the votes really that different? I'll have to check.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 27, 2014, 06:44:45 pm »

PFP

Yes.  Wuba told me that Dr. Nerjin would shoot me for taking it.  Also, that he'd lecture me for not calling it a revolver.

Also, slight discrepency in the vote chart.  Leafsnail is listed as voting for himself AND NQT.  Meaning that Leafsnail has an ability or item that is screwing with him, because Tiruin is not listed as voting for herself but also voted NQT.

Also, TDS has proved that the item that vote-blocks does exist.

And to whoever asked if I am third party: without knowing my wincon, I have no idea.  I was toying with the idea that everyone is third party.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 27, 2014, 06:48:28 pm »

Could you post what the lurkertracker says, for comparison?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 112