Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213233 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #570 on: January 28, 2014, 09:25:52 pm »

I did. Then a hex was placed on me to prevent that. I believe that was also mentioned, along with the fact that I don't have an NK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 28, 2014, 09:32:45 pm »

Why is it specified that NQT started at Not Evil? Does this mean that alignment changes are possible?

Also, the "all teenagers are evil thing" could mean that the ages are either 17-18 or 19-20, depending on the definition. It could also mean that except for NQT (and possiby one or two more), we are all evil, but no one except me and the other two so far want to admit it.
We're assuming she rose to power via election. Now if this thing is vote-election or somewhat tied to MONEYANDBRIBERY I have no idea.

4mask
I did. Then a hex was placed on me to prevent that. I believe that was also mentioned, along with the fact that I don't have an NK.
I missed you saying that. Could you link it?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2014, 09:41:49 pm »

And a couple posts above that is when I say I can't NK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2014, 09:44:50 pm »

Not that. I mean I seriously remember when you claimed some sort of pyromancer and incinerated a student, then said 'but I'm Not Evil though'.  With probable intervals on how bloodthirsty I interpreted that as.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 28, 2014, 09:46:24 pm »

Yeah. A couple above that.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2014, 09:58:05 pm »

Ok, why does everyone else seem to have either items or item related abilities but me?
I literally didn't even know items existed in this game until Web stated what they were!

And, if it matters, it says my character is 15, so I'm an evil teen, apparently.

RangerCado: If you could please answer my very vital question, is the fact that you are evil an alignment, or a role? Also, is the fact that you are a meteor summoner an alignment or a role?
I need to know.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »

The reason I ask is because I'm convinced that items have something to do with the game.  The fact that they were implemented suggests that they are either a red herring or an important part of the game, and you already gave your case about red herrings.
I don't see any possible way that "learn who has items" could solve any kind of puzzle though, and I can think of a way that it could benefit scum.

Problems:
> Bellsounder was NOT a town-announced role (I know, I've been using that game as my bastard-book for all my games. :p Yeah you're my rolemodel.)
...Yeah.  I'm not saying this game is literally identical to Bellsounder, that would be stupid.  I'm making the comparison: if one player in a game knows their actual win condition (NQT), that player is virtually always going to be scum.  Because if you don't know your win condition then you don't really have enough information to play as scum.

> Webadict announced NQT as 'good/Not Evil'. I would REALLY mark out the bastardness with that point; this is alleviated by certain subtleties:
     - We don't know our wincon. We must IMPLY our wincon.
     - Evil students claimed and I don't see anyone claiming Good - the only iteration of 'Good' is seen in the first flavor/game post; webadict's.
     - Ms. NQT says she gained power because MONEY. Problem in that is that only an Evil student knew of it.
Exactly, NQT is the only "good" player.  Therefore it may be that all the rest of us are bad people from NQT's perspective, who he wants to eliminate.  The funny thing is that if you look at it objectively NQT is far more suspicious than a claimed evil player (claims to know his wincon, the moderator was trying to trick us into thinking he was a confirmed townie, his behaviour with regards to claiming to be a confirmed townie is highly suspect, he is the only person with his alignment) but the emotional resonance that comes with the word "evil" seems to be confusing everyone.

Or literally every player who isn't you.  That seems most likely to me.
I'm not sure we should pay attention to what seems likely to an avowedly evil player when most of the other players are decidedly not evil.[/quote]
Do you have some form of Dissociative Identity Disorder?  The way you're swinging back and forth between "Well I don't have a wincon and I'm confused what we're meant to do in the game" and "KNEEL BEFORE MY ALMIGHTY CONFIRMED TOWNINESS YOU SCUM" is really odd.

Incidentally, there are two claimed evil players other than me.  There are zero claimed "townie" players other than you.  What do you call a player when they're the only one of their alignment and vastly more knowledgable than everyone else?

What makes you think I have an infinite vote ability? Your delusions multiply!
Because you seem to care about TDS's item.  And also it would fit your role.

Sorry what? When did I say I wasn't sure I'm not town? I was told I was town but I wasn't given an explicit win condition. That's what I said and I haven't contradicted myself.
Reading back you're right that you didn't directly contradict yourself, but your behaviour makes no sense and that's what confused me.  Everyone should probably read this actually.
#305: NQT calls himself confirmed "good and not evil", and suggests that makes him a confirmed non-meteor summoner.  Note he doesn't mention the word "townie" here at all.
#337: NQT starts to panic, goes on the offence, and starts calling himself a "confirmed townie" instead.  This is weird - why didn't he do that the first time around?  Also note his tone is really different here even though I hadn't even responded to his previous post.
#342: NQT realizes his slip and now claims that his role PM also told him he was town.  I would like to point out that this makes absolutely no sense.  If NQT is actually explicitly called "town", and his role is "confirmed townie", then why doesn't the game start post call him town?  NQT is clearly talking out of his ass.  Also note here that he makes no mention of his lack of win condition - anyone reading this post would assume that he has a standard townie one, or possibly even an explicit "kill all evil players" one.
#349: NQT now expressed confusion about the game and his goal, even though he was absolutely 100% secure in his assertion that he was a confirmed townie in his previous post.  I don't think someone without a win condition could assert their position so confidently in his previous two posts.
#361: NQT expresses his frustration at how vague the game is and votes for a moderator.
He has a few more posts, in which he continues to take the "the moderators are being vague, maybe evil =/= scum" line.
In #349 you take a questioning tone and ask whether there's really any point to the game, wondering how you can play if nobody knows their win conditions and suggesting there's no real reason to think meteor summoners are bad.  Then later you switch to "actually evil players are totally bad".
#438: For no apparent reason (and apparently without comment on his previous moderator theory) NQT changes tack: it's probably the evil players.  He agrees with me (an evil player) in doing so for some reason??
#505: Now the evil players are so obviously scum that their opinions don't matter.

LS/RangerCado: Could you gives give your background//notes if you have a group chat? I seem to miss them in my notes.
I wasn't told about any other evil players.  The sheer lack of knowledge that I had is what made me doubt I was scum in the first place.

Leafsnail~ I'd like to hear more from you now about all this.
On what, exactly?  I have a case on NQT above if that's what you want.  I think the most logical position at this point is that NQT is Good/Town, in the generally accepted sense of the word, but the rest of us are not, and therefore he is scum from our perspective.  If exactly one person in a bastard mod has a particular alignment and the mod is clearly trying to perform a trick related to them they are the most suspicious.

I kindof like the "our aim is to find love" theory too, maybe a flavourclaim is in order.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2014, 10:06:34 pm »

Mastacheese: Evil appears to be my alignment, with the meteor summoning being part of the role itself... wait... FIRST STINKING LINE OF FLAVOR! I'm as evil as a normal teenager... DANGIT WUBA AND YOUR WORD PLAY!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 28, 2014, 10:11:04 pm »

TDS: While I can't burn people, I can burn items. So I may just nuke that tonight. To get it out of the way.

I'll make sure to give it to you tonight.

I kindof like the "our aim is to find love" theory too, maybe a flavourclaim is in order.

Should we do a gender claim? We'll wait on a roleclaim in case that helps scum, but I don't see how a gender claim would help them; it might help us win instead.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 28, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »

maybe a flavourclaim is in order.
I'll go with this.
Heck, amongst all my posts and mentions of it, I've probably spelled out just about all of mine so far, anyway.

Mastacheese: Evil appears to be my alignment, with the meteor summoning being part of the role itself... wait... FIRST STINKING LINE OF FLAVOR! I'm as evil as a normal teenager... DANGIT WUBA AND YOUR WORD PLAY!
So "meteor summoner" is a role, not alignment? Ok, then. Thanks.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 28, 2014, 10:19:27 pm »

TDS And LEAFSNAIL: could you read to us the line that says that you are evil?

TDS: nah, I'll just nuke it from a distance.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 28, 2014, 10:22:37 pm »

1. I am an Evil Wizard. Also, according to my role PM, I am (paraphrasing) evil; as evil as a normal teenager. I assume that both together mean I am evil.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:00 pm »

Son of a...

YOU BASTARD MOD!!!!!!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:15 pm »

1. I am an Evil Wizard. Also, according to my role PM, I am (paraphrasing) evil; as evil as a normal teenager. I assume that both together mean I am evil.

I forgot 2.

2. Sure, I'm fine with getting it removed. If I lose it at the beginning of the night and not the end, I'll give it to you to be sure.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 112