Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213286 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #615 on: January 29, 2014, 06:52:31 am »

What? I initially voted you for your inattentiveness, which has hardly improved as the game has proceeded. How's that suspicious? Or are you saying I was suspicious of you?
Really now? Explain the bolded part.
You didn't seem to understand my role ability claim despite multiple explanations, and you had to have people's claims (like Darkstar's information about my bribes) pointed out to you.
"Why, yes NQT, let's assume Tiruin has not-in face, been checking and evaluating you by thorough questioning."
"But I'm town. Right here."
"No, she surely hasn't been trying to figure out if claiming (or fakeclaiming) an Innocent Child is attached to any devious plan Webadict, or probably herself as a third-party made up."
"Town. Here."
"Or what Leafsnail said, however there's a problem in his statements that while-NQT, being a 'townie', does not make sense to wholly twist every word in order for it to assume any other meaning. Thus outing Leafsnail as scummy via consideration of wording."
"I did say 'didn't seem to understand'."
"And I'm joking around! Silly NQT."
"You said that not me."

Wolf
NQT, your arguments get more nonsensical and ridiculous as the game goes on. Tiruin has been far more attentive than most other people, and the I find it suspect that you have only one ability. Something about what you are saying just isn't right.
That Tiruin has been more attentive than most people is a sorry indication of the quality of players in this game. You see not to have noticed that my vote against Tiruin's inattentiveness was made at the beginning of the game. Are you saying that you have more than one ability? I wish I did too, but I don't. Do you really want Smstr to be remembered as That Game Where Everyone Lynched The Confirmed Town Player? Because that's where you're pushing it. Do you really think I'm the best lynch candidate?
Y'know, before I read this, I was thoroughly reconsidering you as really town-that your pushing is from a perception not-level to mine in seeing the whole matter. How does one approach a bastard game with Innocent Child?

Then I read the orange part. You really have a knack for being an inconsiderate jerk, you know. The next part? Do you really want to keep on guilt-tripping in the future tense, everyone else without even trying to prove yourself town?
"Oh let's rely on Innocent Child to really be innocent."
"Yeah, but what makes it really innocent, in context? Reliance on role, only?"
"No, trial by fire. The context-if not bastard, or any hint or semi-portion of it-would not hold that in dispute. The problem is that we're in a bastard game."

Nice work NQT, playing labels again.

If you really want to call me stupid. Do it to my face, you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15:35 am »

Should The Class Expel the President?
If you really want to, do it tomorrow

Everyone, on the current trajectory, the class is heading for an NQT-lynch. I'm categorically telling you that this has a high chance of causing a Very Bad Thing* to happen and if you suspect that your wincon is possibly related to avoiding Very Bad Things happening, then you'd better make sure I don't die. I will tell you in full detail about this Bad Thing on Day 2, and I will also explain why I have very good reason for not explaining it right now. After which, regardless of whether you believe my explanation, you're more than welcome to lynch me tomorrow.

*This isn't official terminology. Don't expect these words to appear in your PM.

Tiruin
Oh I don't think you're stupid. Perhaps I was a bit harsh. I'm very sorry: I don't mean to impugn your intelligence. I can see why more suspicion might arise than usual because this is apparently a bastard game. But it seems absurd to me to let the player that the mod has said is not evil die on day one in a game where the mod has said they won't outright lie before you even know what 'evil' and 'not evil' might really mean in the setting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 29, 2014, 07:40:45 am »

Look, I can't quite grasp jokes that well... it, err..was-I wasn't brought up well in taking jokes right. I would've countered your 'let's remember this game as the Innocent Child who cried Wolf', but that'd just be mean whether or not it is true, aye?

But..that vibe. I can more clearly that not see where Leafsnail is heading in agreement with the vote on you-I can assume one thing that he is particularly keen in seeing you dead if:
> Evil = scum,
> They lied about the groupchat,
> Cado claimed to lessen the suspicion, then WIFOM us into counter-belief, but that'd be darn gutsy. However, everyone claimed-numbers match. Similarities are seen, even in trace amounts.

However a benevolent factor, as a minor note, is that he has a different perspective--oh, and Cado did claim direct meteor summoner; TDS and Cado, however, have mistaken Evil as...well, the adage of 'teenagers are evil'.
Which I'd impute to Webadict's terminology. (possible player-Webadict and not webadict-person/mod)

Which is flatout crazy. There are at least two sides against each other in a Mafia game. If untrue-then this whole game must have one recourse as a general goal: Love, or probably something else. I can probably conclude the former, but the latter and the former both lie in vagueness. Why?

I can't glean anything at all from my role. No wincon. No subtlety. No malevolent/benevolent note other than I'm not told I'm Evil or whatever--and as said:
Aaaaand, your gender and stuff are in your roles. If you're not told you're Evil, you're not Evil. Have fun. Ask away, foolish fools. I'm sure I forgot to explain something.
Which 'splains two definite concepts. Evil, and Not Evil. That's it.

What I'm doing now is explaining my thoughts.

But it seems absurd to me to let the player that the mod has said is not evil die on day one in a game where the mod has said they won't outright lie before you even know what 'evil' and 'not evil' might really mean in the setting.
I takeback in turn what I said, however I would like the 'inconsiderate' note to linger.
When I said inconsiderate, I say it in that in all your posts-not one has spoken to me of you considering the notion from our PoV. You do not consider or consolidate those matters and address them as suspicion towards you. While using your role as an explanation is valid, you've only done that and..quite not much else other than rebound onto Leafsnail.

Hmm. Let's see-reconsidering the majority notion, why don't we try one other thing:

I'll set these objectives to prove.
> All Evil people are Meteor Summoners.
> Everyone else but Leafsnail; TheDarkStar and RangerCado are Evil, and against the Town-those who are flailing about. (I speak figuratively)
> NQT has the verdict in her hands. (Note n page 5, first web' official post.*)
* - Flavor does have a tangible effect, and we may also use that as a tool.
> The Evil/Non Evil schism is caused by NQT's perception or past (due to our start in media res) towards us

That said, Leafsnail.

However, NQT: I see quite a considerable difference in..information, nothing you've done before-as town, too-but..it is intriguing. You promise something D2, something that intrigues curiosity. What is it that you know, and still hide-that you'd only divulge in the matters of you living through the night?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 29, 2014, 07:43:11 am »

However as an addendum, if there are really that hard vote-shenanigans, I blame webadict's schedule and time organization for sparing the number of votecounts. :I
But I digress-there may actually be an item that renders one's vote as silly and meaningless.

How that makes sense in context is beyond me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 29, 2014, 07:53:05 am »

I fully believe we didn't-
Gah.

webadict: Do you deal in half lies-as in, is it correct to assume that you're still withholding information in things you deem as 'the truth'?

Stupid percentile lies. 'I won't tell you 100% lies' my blasted beard.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 29, 2014, 08:50:40 am »

PFP, don't tell me you actually believe NQT's ridiculous claim.  "Yeah I have already claimed everything about my role but somehow I know that lynching me will do something bad but also I can't claim that thing"

Like, bullshit.  No other player even has any idea how to make themselves win, and he's claiming he has info on how to make everyone else win.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 29, 2014, 08:51:29 am »

Also notice that he switched to me for no reason other than that I made a case he ha no answer for.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:07 am »

Leafsnail
Like, bullshit.  No other player even has any idea how to make themselves win, and he's claiming he has info on how to make everyone else win.
No, I'm claiming that lynching me today would very much increase the chance of a bad happenstance which might negatively impact most player's win conditions. People don't know absolutely what their wincon is, but a lot of people seem to have strong suspicions. I'll explain Day 2.

Also notice that he switched to me for no reason other than that I made a case he ha no answer for.
Not true. I have answered your case: you have chosen to disbelieve that my wincon says I'm a townie and I can hardly force you to believe me when you are of obviously opposing alignment. I switched to you because you're a more viable target and my second pick for the lynch. Voting Cado was going to get me lynched; I don't mind being lynched tomorrow, but today would be bad news.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 29, 2014, 10:18:36 am »

MOD NOTE: So, my computer died last Night while I was updating. And now I have to leave, but I get home late. However, someone extended the Day until Thursday. Sorry. Blame the computer for not being cool.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 29, 2014, 10:35:19 am »

Hmmm... so MOWE is a sandwich?

Toaster runs up to MyOwnWorstEnemy and eats him.

Worth a flavor-try.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:09 am »

Tiruin:
MOWE
And I realized that I've never given you guys my background. I am a human sandwich, accidentally created by a horrible, horrible wizard. He made me, was invited out to lunch, tried to preserve me, and ended up turning me human. Apparently, my only desire is to become a sandwich again.

So... Yeah.
This had me in a fit of laughter.
Tell me, you look human right? But..just look human, but are bread and sandwich
ohgodsIhavetroubletypingthisfromlaughter

Apparently I look human, but I'm all bread and lunchmeat on the inside. I was just as shocked as you when I read this stuff for the first time. I actually reread it several times to make sure I hadn't lost my mind.

NQT:
Everyone
Are you a wizard?
Wizard? I'm a muthaf***ing sandwich!

For real though, I don't seem to have any magical ability aside from being alive.

Hmmm... so MOWE is a sandwich?

Toaster runs up to MyOwnWorstEnemy and eats him.

Worth a flavor-try.

"Come at me, bro."
*Commence intense martial arts battle*
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 29, 2014, 10:55:40 am »

I am a Wizard.

No, I'm claiming that lynching me today would very much increase the chance of a bad happenstance which might negatively impact most player's win conditions. People don't know absolutely what their wincon is, but a lot of people seem to have strong suspicions. I'll explain Day 2.
A bad happenstance that only you know about.  And you know what the majority of people's win conditions are, again, even though the majority of players don't even know their own win conditions.  And for some reason you cannot reveal either of these things (the reason is that you're frantically trying to buy yourself an extra day).

Not true. I have answered your case: you have chosen to disbelieve that my wincon says I'm a townie and I can hardly force you to believe me when you are of obviously opposing alignment.
That's not an answer at all.  That is the exact opposite of an answer.

The thing I want you to answer: Why did you switch from lording over your confirmed towniness, to being unsure about the game, to being sure about your confirmed towniness and the badness of evil people again?  I can see no reason for any of those changes.  If you distrust the moderation then why follow their implication blindly?

There's also the fact that you clearly have an order of magnitude more knowledge about this game than any of the rest of us (you have an alignment that actually has meaning in a game of mafia, you know that "something bad" will happen if you get lynched today, you claim to know what the majority of players wants to happen).

I switched to you because you're a more viable target and my second pick for the lynch. Voting Cado was going to get me lynched; I don't mind being lynched tomorrow, but today would be bad news.
TDS was your second pick for the lynch earlier.  But nice to see you only care about preserving your own life I guess.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 29, 2014, 10:56:36 am »

By the way, it's not ok to give bastard scum an extra day to live (especially if they're clearly frantically trying to get it at any cost) because conversions are a thing.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 29, 2014, 11:09:10 am »

Leafsnail
A bad happenstance that only you know about.  And you know what the majority of people's win conditions are, again, even though the majority of players don't even know their own win conditions.  And for some reason you cannot reveal either of these things (the reason is that you're frantically trying to buy yourself an extra day).
All will be revealed in full tomorrow. People can definitely hold me to this.

The thing I want you to answer: Why did you switch from lording over your confirmed towniness, to being unsure about the game, to being sure about your confirmed towniness and the badness of evil people again? If you distrust the moderation then why follow their implication blindly?
Well I was 'lording over' because I felt I had a legitimate basis to so. Finally a game where I didn't have to worry about defending myself from being mislynched! But then it turned out I did have defend myself from being mislynched. When I realised that we were never given explicit win-cons, I was very close to just quitting the game. Without something to try to achieve it isn't a game. It might be a nice roleplaying opportunity or social experiment or something, but not a game. I was very close to just quitting. Then I had a renewal of faith: it followed your comment about Bellsounder, in which you mentioned that most players had a wincon but didn't know it. Aha! Thought I, then my aim is to decipher my winning condition and pursue it vigorously. Now that's what I've been doing ever since.

There's also the fact that you clearly have an order of magnitude more knowledge about this game than any of the rest of us (you have an alignment that actually has meaning in a game of mafia, you know that "something bad" will happen if you get lynched today, you claim to know what the majority of players wants to happen).
Not really. I'm merely speculating that most other players won't want something that I know to be really bad happen.

TDS was your second pick for the lynch earlier.  But nice to see you only care about preserving your own life I guess.
Preferences can change. You're more vehemently trying to get me killed right now. I don't care about preserving my own life in general, just today. I'll explain it all on Day 2, after which people are free to lynch or night kill me.

By the way, it's not ok to give bastard scum an extra day to live (especially if they're clearly frantically trying to get it at any cost) because conversions are a thing.
Good job I'm not bastard scum then, eh?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 29, 2014, 12:15:43 pm »

Spoiler: Oh dear (click to show/hide)
You...could have been a lot more vocal...

This explains..more than most, now.
...Oh dear.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 112