Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213267 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #765 on: January 30, 2014, 10:51:31 pm »

...What the frack?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 30, 2014, 10:54:53 pm »

Personally, I think lynching Cado will be more useful because any announcement from it will probably hint at which part was useful, if any. Also, if you lynched me, you'd also learn that "Hey, TheDarkStar told the truth!" too, which is not much different than what you'd get from Cado.
If this was the case, I expected to see arguments from either you or LS about the Non Evils being meteor summoners--I saw none, other than 'Hey, NQT is suspicious!'. Which is why I'm doubting the obvious-truths in why lynching Cado, over a similar Evil-claimant, would merit more of a benefit.

I mean, wat. Why would a meteor summoner claim? >__> The implications are crazy unless:
> He has something to gain from it.
> He wants to help. (You can't just give up)
> Some ability he has, would work in that scenario. So far I can't see any.

NQT is suspicious for his "You better not lynch me or else you all lose (but go ahead and lynch me after today), but seriously, there's nothing to ask. Really." attitude that makes it questionable if he actually has anything to say or if he is just a variant of a jester who only wins if lynched on or after day 2.
It's far to inappropriate as a general setting to conclude that NQT is a jester. The game could've taken any which way, and him being a jester is just darn weird.
In other words: "We voted a clown for president" is also bad. :c

PPE: x2

Woo! Support!

Tiruin:
It is, actually.

3 people claimed Evil. This denotes that 'hey, why would they claim if its all in truth? Pretty strange.'

What a Cado lynch says would bias against those who had the 'Evil' point in their PMs. "Evil; thus Meteor Summoner"

What either a TDS/LS lynch would confirm is 'Evil is a subjective point and some of the Non Evils lied' if they aren't summoners, and if they are...Well.

We don't know what, if anything, flips on death.  Lynching Ranger has the advantage of testing multiple things.  If he flips Evil, great, that must be what we're after.  If he flips Meteor Summoner, ditto.  If he doesn't flip at all, I ask for a replacement.  (Not really, but I usually don't like no-flip games.)

Basically, what TDS said.
But it becomes a linear tie in. Consider why he claimed. Next, the 'we don't know' part is somewhat pulled up by flavor in page 5. That NQT has decision over the mass-vote. Which is, in the most rational way, why he's doing this promise-scheme.

1. Obviously, there are more meteor summoners; possibly some of these are ones who claim Not Evil (how many have claimed that, anyway?). Being evil and summoning the meteor are completely independent. Some evil people want to rule the world, not destroy it, and some Not Evil people could have been tricked/coerced/thought it was a good idea/see destroying the world as "good" (as in, the world is so bad it has to die, or (with a smaller meteor) the school of magic is too dangerous and has to be destroyed).

2. Why is voting a "clown" for the president so unusual? He bribed you guys (and girls), remember?

3. Check with the people who have not given role info yet to see if they are good or evil. I suspect that "evil" is a red herring because only one of us three evil people claims to have summoned the meteor (I can't vouch for LS, though).

4. Lynching Cado is useful because it checks two things at once rather than one. Also, as for why he claimed meteor summoner, could it be that the scum are just as confused as the town? Maybe Cado claimed because he wanted to check if he was scum or not? There's always the possibility of a jester-type role, but I don't see that as too likely; Cado comes across as simply confused (like most of us). Is Cado going to roleclaim more than "I'm not a wizard" soon?

5. Explain that last bit. NQT claims to have no other abilities besides being confirmed Not Evil. He also acts suspicious about his claim of "something bad" and hasn't made a convincing claim that there is actually something besides "I can't tell you, but really, it's there."

Sorry about my rambling; I'm going to be gone for the next several hours and want to sum up my thoughts so far.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 30, 2014, 11:00:59 pm »

Well, I'll reiterate why I don't think a Cado lynch is a good idea right now.
I can inspect him, the fact that he's both evil and a summoner would make him a good choice for a lynch, to test two things at once, but, he's also my best shot at finding out if my power can actually help us or not.
All I ask is that you give me one night for an inspection, and then we lynch him. Is that acceptable? It could help us a lot for future days.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 30, 2014, 11:04:23 pm »

Well, I'll reiterate why I don't think a Cado lynch is a good idea right now.
I can inspect him, the fact that he's both evil and a summoner would make him a good choice for a lynch, to test two things at once, but, he's also my best shot at finding out if my power can actually help us or not.
All I ask is that you give me one night for an inspection, and then we lynch him. Is that acceptable? It could help us a lot for future days.

Who do you recommend dies otherwise?

Also, I have an alternate idea: Kill Cado and see if either things comes up. Next, you check me or LS and see if you get the same thing. If you do, then I'm scum and don't know it (but I doubt it, because that would make evil people uninformed minority scum). If not, then you know to check for meteor summoners. Depending on the message from killing Cado, the additional check might not even be necessary, and you can use tonight to check someone else.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 30, 2014, 11:07:14 pm »

But my point is that I'm not sure if my check will reveal meteor summoners, evil people, or both.
If I inspect you, then what if it doesn't tell me about the summoner possibility, but only the evilness?

If I inspect Cado, then I know exactly how useful my power is, I can't know that by checking anyone else. It wouldn't be the same.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 30, 2014, 11:08:18 pm »

Tiruin:
Clearly you are unfamiliar with American politics.
This made me laugh.
Hey D:<
I meant in context. NQT isn't, and I doubt that the jester scenario is, doing it legitimately.

Also you are unfamiliar with Philippine politics, including the senate. It is a travesty.  :'(
I got the joke.

2. Why is voting a "clown" for the president so unusual? He bribed you guys (and girls), remember?
...I think you're the only one with that note. I don't remember...anything.

4. Lynching Cado is useful because it checks two things at once rather than one. Also, as for why he claimed meteor summoner, could it be that the scum are just as confused as the town? Maybe Cado claimed because he wanted to check if he was scum or not? There's always the possibility of a jester-type role, but I don't see that as too likely; Cado comes across as simply confused (like most of us). Is Cado going to roleclaim more than "I'm not a wizard" soon?
@Orange: Which are? || You should also remember that I doubt your claim of not being the summoner.

5. Explain that last bit. NQT claims to have no other abilities besides being confirmed Not Evil. He also acts suspicious about his claim of "something bad" and hasn't made a convincing claim that there is actually something besides "I can't tell you, but really, it's there."
I see it as a null-move. Scum/Town in a position of power would be wise not to divulge the whole set of cards.

webadict: Your fanfiction is silly. :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 30, 2014, 11:09:03 pm »

webadict: Your fanfiction is silly. :I
It's not my fanfic.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 30, 2014, 11:09:07 pm »

EBWOP:
How're you so sure that you'll live through the night Mr. Cheese? You're...blatantly telling the plan out.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 30, 2014, 11:14:11 pm »

But my point is that I'm not sure if my check will reveal meteor summoners, evil people, or both.
If I inspect you, then what if it doesn't tell me about the summoner possibility, but only the evilness?

If I inspect Cado, then I know exactly how useful my power is, I can't know that by checking anyone else. It wouldn't be the same.

Ok, I think I see what you are saying; we should probably let him live tonight. Who is your alternate lynch candidate?

I'm advocating for NQT to be lynched now, since I highly doubt that a role whose only point is to be known as Not Evil also contains information that is vital for the non-scum people and would basically cause the game to be lost (that's basically the implication I get) if we find out early what it is, especially since there's no detail on why explaining would be so bad (it would be nice to at least know what kind of things would result, wouldn't it?).

I'll FoS NotQuiteThere since I can't vote.

PPE:

Tiruin: The two things that I guessed would be checked are meteor summoner and Evil. Also, MastahCheese is dead at this point either way if there's no protection role and his guess is right.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 30, 2014, 11:14:45 pm »

Tiruin: Also, NQT admitted to bribing people after I brought it up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 30, 2014, 11:19:17 pm »

Tiruin: Also, NQT admitted to bribing people after I brought it up.
...Yes. And nobody's speaking about it.

But we can infer that this whole Evil/non-evil system is weird and crazy-and that the town is implicitly those without a wincon. Work for the greater good and all.

Tiruin: The two things that I guessed would be checked are meteor summoner and Evil. Also, MastahCheese is dead at this point either way if there's no protection role and his guess is right.
I gave him my passive/active ability of surviving a NK-why I never talked about it is that said ability just hints that people can be attacked.
Because it did say 'attacked'. But I am defenseless in the same so :x It's like a gift-ability. No he won't know it until later post-day.

Anyway.
I'm advocating for NQT to be lynched now, since I highly doubt that a role whose only point is to be known as Not Evil also contains information that is vital for the non-scum people and would basically cause the game to be lost (that's basically the implication I get) if we find out early what it is, especially since there's no detail on why explaining would be so bad (it would be nice to at least know what kind of things would result, wouldn't it?).
No matter how silly NQT is-I doubt jester. Next, no matter how silly NQT is, his case holds up better than LS' case against him.
Next, no matter how silly NQT is-it can be a generality inferred that he has an important point in this game.

He gets speshul flavor mention. Hence why I'd like NQT to transfer his non-lethal mass vote mandate to LS/TDS to test if flavor really has connections to people!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 30, 2014, 11:20:24 pm »

EBWOP:
How're you so sure that you'll live through the night Mr. Cheese? You're...blatantly telling the plan out.
I'm not. But the way I see it, there's a 50/50 chance of my ability being totally worthless anyway, that I wouldn't care.
Better me than someone who has a more useful power under their sleeve. That's how I see it.

As for who to actually vote for, I don't know. I can see reasons to vote NQT, reasons to vote TDS, and reasons to vote LS.
I just don't know.
The Derail Thread

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 30, 2014, 11:20:30 pm »

Tiruin:
Clearly you are unfamiliar with American politics.

Why Ranger claimed.  I don't know- why did he claim?

Ranger:  Why did you claim?
Because I believe theres something more too this puzzle than just lynch the meteor summoners. Why else would we all not know our wincons outside of heavy flavour scrutiny? Lynch me, you MAY have found someone evil, but you did kill a summoner. I may go into WIFOM territory here, but what if you need atleast 1 meteor summoner to undo this mess? All I can figure out for my wincon is I want to find love, which I really can't do if i'm dead. I'm willing to fully cooperate and undergo any tests or screening our 'Not-Evil's' can think of, I might not even be evil! If you are blocked or redirected, it would not be by me.

Theres also the chance that I could be the cleaverest Jester ever and am using previous meta of claiming day 1 or 2 getting me lynched... But I hate meta, and don't think that far ahead.

My vote goes to Leafsnail, as I believe he actually is evil and claimed for similar reasons to my own... or HE'S A JESTER... I need more sleep...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 30, 2014, 11:23:21 pm »

((Secretly, the mods made everyone a jester! Only the person who is lynched day 1 can win!

..Actually, that sounds like an interesting bastard game concept, now that I think of it.))
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 30, 2014, 11:23:40 pm »

All I can figure out for my wincon is I want to find love, which I really can't do if i'm dead.
*flails arms*
Hello? Potential lover standing right here!
I like you as a friend but if we all have to die because lolmeteor then hey, I'm ok with treating you..um, like that. I think.

Ranger:  Why did you claim?
Because I believe theres something more too this puzzle than just lynch the meteor summoners. Why else would we all not know our wincons outside of heavy flavour scrutiny? Lynch me, you MAY have found someone evil, but you did kill a summoner. I may go into WIFOM territory here, but what if you need atleast 1 meteor summoner to undo this mess? All I can figure out for my wincon is I want to find love, which I really can't do if i'm dead. I'm willing to fully cooperate and undergo any tests or screening our 'Not-Evil's' can think of, I might not even be evil! If you are blocked or redirected, it would not be by me.
My WIFOM meter did not ping. Do you believe me that I believe you yet?

((Secretly, the mods made everyone a jester! Only the person who is lynched day 1 can win!

..Actually, that sounds like an interesting bastard game concept, now that I think of it.))
No it is not. :I
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 112