Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213259 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 2
« Reply #1110 on: February 23, 2014, 11:17:57 pm »

Sigh. Alright, I've read back over a lot of the things that Toast and Tir have been saying, and I'm really starting to see more holes in Toaster's logic. Quite frankly, you say that she was overreacting to a threat of an inspection, but really, I don't see that. At first, it seemed like Tiruin didn't want me to inspect them, but really, they just didn't want me to waste it on what they believed would be a fruitless endeavor, and I can tell because they're still trying to convince us on that. If it was just a move to draw suspicion away, that would have stopped a long time ago.
Tiruin, I'm not going to inspect you.
I'm going to inspect Toaster for the night, you have a lot more questions that need answered.

Ninja'd before I could post.

Everyone Else: Read what I said about lynching Cado before anyone else. I really want to see what Mastahcheese gets from Tiruin tonight, since I don't think she's on the same side as us at all.
Well, really, I starting to get more suspicious of Toaster at this point, just the tone that he's been having makes me really distrust him.
The ways he's been talking, I'm getting the feeling that he's hiding something from us.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 24, 2014, 12:16:37 am »

Tiruin:

You keep defending Cado, even when you say you aren't. RangerCado has personally claimed Evil and Meteor Summoner.
Non ci posso credere. While most of me wishes to reply at a reinforcing stance, let me ask--initially, did you take my stance to be defending against Cado's death, or something else?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 24, 2014, 12:29:58 am »

PFP - Posting from Predicament

-If you lynch the guy who is less likely scum first:
     -Person who is likely scum lives another day, while it's unlikely you actually got a scum player.
-If you lynch the guy who is more likely scum first:
     -Person who is likely scum does not live long enough to take another action. There is also more time to decide on the other person.

I can't see any benefit whatsoever from lynching Leafsnail today and RangerCado later, rather than the other way around.
Targeting Leafsnail (or TDS) gives the benefit of DISCOUNTING the theory of Evil = somethingbad judging by the game mechanic--and not just that. That is a minor note.
The benefit stands that we know there is a meteor summoner. What scenario will exist tomorrow, for your own factual discernment, is that we'll be getting off at point blank. Ground zero. Scratch. Unless and in fact our Cop (Mr. Cheese) has a valid point to forward, in which it is PROVEN that he did--clearing out Cado under honesty--then what have we to work on tomorrow, hmm?

Elucidate this one's view glass.

Your point on 'more likely scum' gives forth the open mindedness that Meteor Summoner =/= scum. That is a plausible viewpoint, however if it was not EXPLICITLY mentioned in the OP, and page 5 by Webbywebweb, then it is illogical to follow that Meteor Summoner is not scum, or in the least among the least plausible courses to follow through.

Why I suspect you, Toasty and Leafsnail is I see a ton of fluff and smoke coming from that direction--Toaster much more on him being lost rather than anything else given his...recent behavior.

Let's fix that post, shall we?

Let me address this in the next post, shall I? Both breaking it down into explaining constituents, and my rebuttal.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 24, 2014, 01:00:30 am »

THE REPLY

There is something to be said against Leafsnail here - he randomly claimed that that specific item was censored and no others were and then used it as "evidence"  - but it's not actually about anything you keep saying. Rather than attacking the argument, you attack the way it is presented. What is causing your irrational attack on Leafsnail?
Irrational is a nice adjective. Spices up the feeling on reading it.

I attacked the way it was presented as Leafsnail fails to say, as a generality, how that is a detriment--rather in the lack of words, and by reading his statement as is, he follows it up as something to define why NQT was flailing about, and as a following conclusion, presented it in a bad light.

You seem to be subtly leaking your own opinion by calling this as irrational instead of questioning the point in itself--rather than give your own opinion, you hide it in these tiny adjectives. I am curious.

Now you're arguing that defending someone who has more against him than the guy you want lynched is just fine. I'll ask it again, since you still haven't given a reason: Why are you defending RangerCado?
As stated, concluding before reason. It seems that in your process of using the word 'defending', it takes a tone of malice.

Could you state why it speaks to me as somewhat malevolent? The usage of the term, 'defending'.

Evidence for this please? Not that I doubt that something similar happened, but I want to see the actual comments to see how it actually was.
...You broke the link. Anyway- the evidence lies in metaknowledge. I cannot link similar cases due to me not remembering any, though I do remember that being one of Toaster's metapoints. He relies on reaction tells more often than not, yet as 4maskwolf says and which I turn to my own words: he fails to relate it to Reality.

That, and my reaction to him was, or seems aggressive due to one point: He doesn't ask me why I act like that. He goes off and spouts imperatives in a faux-accusatory manner. While such a case I can detect, it does me no good emotinally to see such a person stoop to concluding before looking back at anything.

The link in question debunks his accusatory statement, if you read.

See above - It makes sense to lynch RangerCado first if we think that being a Summoner means scum, even if Leafsnail is somewhat suspicious. Also, why do you trust Cado? I'd guess that he was simply confused by not knowing what his wincon was and the Summoner team had him test things by revealing himself. He has been open about his role and alignment, but so have most people here (including the other Evil people). What is it that lets you trust RangerCado so much? Right now, I'd vote for you if I wasn't already voting for Ranger, Tiruin.
Ahh, the best part.
Let me pull out certain words from here that makes me feel like you are tied with Leafsnail.
> "Even if Leafsnail is somewhat suspicious" -- So what? Have you backing for why you prefer Cado? Yea, I see it. You don't have to restate it. You want Cado lynched to be sure of what purpose exists--yet I stand on why I want either Leafsnail or you lynched to prove that Evil =/= Meteor Summoner. I understand your point in wishing to prove that Meteor Summoner = bad or whatever, but it is explicitly stated in the OP that Meteor Summoner is a BAD THING.
Cue looking up to why I said so.
> "Also" - Seguing onto another tangent I see? 'Trust' is a nice word to follow it. I do not trust Cado. I was paranoid--meaning believing something else--that he had an ulterior motive to claiming. Background.
> "What is it that lets you trust RangerCado so much?" *points at Mr. Cheese*
Hello?

> "Right now, I'd vote for you if I wasn't already voting for Ranger, Tiruin." Aww such a nice threat! <3
You lack in stating why, though. Your threats are baseless. Pressure vote ahoy? C'mon, tell me.

Yeah I'm cynical here.

This is literally the only valid point you have, and it's something that needs more evidence to make a claim - Leafsnail could have insider knowledge, or he could just be mistaken on the nature of the game. However, you've been doing the "obsessively trying to get Leafsnail lynched/refusing to let the discussion focus on RangerCado" for a LONG time before that. You arguments are barely rational anymore, and you seem to be getting desperate as we get closer to getting RangerCado lynched.
And here comes in TDS' meta. One who shouts much and accuses, yet does not see the backing that I have done with my case. Do you read what I wrote? Aye, 'tis barely rational to you yet I want to see opinions for my mind to feast on, not you shooting blanks.

Let me start. Tiruin's arguments are barely rational because...?
Tiruin is desperate when she did...
Leafsnail could have...

There you go.

Now tell me why you're 'defending' Leafsnail?

Now do you argue that I am not justified by calling you out on your circular logic and/or acting on recent note rather than what was stated before? I feel like I am. Though you may have just forgotten.

Mr. Cheese: Are you passing on that protect-ability I gave you? To whom and why? Do you believe this 'greed' thing Wuba said before (vaguely hinted) is a real mechanic?

Nerjin: Can we state out loud who we pass items to?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 24, 2014, 01:11:09 am »

TDS: Tell me, personally. What's wrong with lynching Leafsnail today, huh? I'd like an organized list-because I want to listen to you, here. Where I see it, we have a string we can pull--the lifesaver string, given Cado being a Summoner. Why do you keep on entwining your own words with that of Leafsnail's that it makes you both such a strong bond?
See, from my perspective, I see there's a hidden mafia team. 3 people. Let's say one outed himself-Cado: That leaves two other people supporting each other in full honesty. Now I'm biased. I see you directly related to him in this prospect. Could you explain to me-why and how-you see Meteor Summoners as not a good thing?

We do not know why we lynch, nor do we know why we should, but the imperative speaks--and it is mentioned in this game's lore, that there is a side we can all rally against. It is the summoners.
If they weren't bad, why didn't they all claim? For fear? Are their wincons tied?
Stuff to ponder upon.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 24, 2014, 01:49:04 pm »

Mr. Cheese: Are you passing on that protect-ability I gave you? To whom and why? Do you believe this 'greed' thing Wuba said before (vaguely hinted) is a real mechanic?
I thought I mentioned it earlier, I might have forgotten. I do not have your protection item. Nor did I ever receive it. I do have an item, but it is not a protection one. I'm not sure who I'd give it to if I did have it, though. Although, I'd like to ask you a question. Who do you think would be the most dangerous right now? Exclude MOWE because theirs is reactive.
I think the "greed" thing he said is just fluff. I imagine that Caz (or whoever it was that said they could hold two items) may have something related to being greedy in their flavor role text, but I don't think that it's really anything more than just a fluffy way of stating it.
The Derail Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 24, 2014, 04:41:57 pm »

Nerjin: Can we state out loud who we pass items to?[/b]

Absolutely not. I thought it was a common rule that you can't discuss the mafia game outside of the forums. Really, Tiruin, I expected better of you. NOW if you'd like to POST on the FORUM about who you give your items to that's perfectly fine.

[Day ends in 20 Minutes
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 24, 2014, 04:43:21 pm »

YOU CANT HIDE THAT NERJIN I SAW THAT BBCODE FAIL
The Derail Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 24, 2014, 04:44:05 pm »

I want to be modkilled.

Hm? What was that? Are you sure?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 24, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »

Nerjin is editing quotes! He must be scum!
The Derail Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #1120 on: February 24, 2014, 04:59:06 pm »

"It's Cado!"

"Lynch Ranger!"

"No Cado!"

"No Ranger!"

The two groups of students were nearly coming to blows over the delicate issue.

"Wait a second..." Leafsnail said ponderously "Ranger and Cado are the same person!"

"... Uh..." The group wanting Ranger lynched paled "Uh... Lynch Leafsnail!"

"What!?"

"Lynch snail!"

"Lynch Cado!"

"Lynch Snail!"

"Lynch Cado!"

and so on and so forth for many days went the argument. Literally... The students spent literal days doing this. It's like 'Wow guys, days? Don't you have families or something?'

LUCKILY for our purposes Mr. Nerjin finally deigned to ring the bell and allow the students to leave. Unfortunately with neither side of the debate reaching majority the students were forced to simply let them both live. Normally Dr. Nerjin would have shot them both or, at the very least, bludgeoned them a bit. But thankfully his favorite comedy was on: "Cutting Tool III: The Cuttening" so they both lived... For now.

There was a tie! No one was lynched!

TheWetSheep has replaced Hapah

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz -
TheWetSheep -
HissihnWalnuts -
(Extend Used) Leafsnail - MyOwnWorstEnemy, Tiriun, 4maskwolf [4 - Tie]
makeinu -
mastahcheese -
MyOwnWorstEnemy -
(Extend Used) RangerCado - Caz, Makeinu, TheDarkStar, Toaster, [4 - Tie]
TheDarkStar -
(Extend Used) Tiruin - Leafsnail, [1]
Toaster -

Not Voting - TheWetSheep, mastahcheese, RangerCado,

Night 2 will end at 5pm Wednesday, February 26th, 2014.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:18:13 pm by Nerjin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Night 2
« Reply #1121 on: February 25, 2014, 09:35:12 am »

[[This is a night post]]

Okay, so apparently a lot of you aren't having fun due to having no frieken clue what you're doing. In the interest of keeping this game somewhat interesting for all of you, tonight, I'd like you all to PM me as to whether you think I should reveal some extra information. If the majority deems it acceptable I'll try to reveal a little extra for each player [privately]. Hopefully this'll keep the game from devolving into "*Sigh* Guess I'll post in Smstr because I have too..."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 28, 2014, 01:04:06 pm »

This is gonna be fun to tell you guys... SOOOO on the bright side, first, you guys all get ONE question to PM me. Some of you already did so, but I haven't answered it yet. Ask ANYTHING. As long as it won't be game breaking I'll answer it. Choose carefully.

Buuuuuut.... I clean my inbox after I do actions. So having typed up everything I had deleted the inbox and was about to post. Laptop shut down... So now I have none of your actions and none of the item switching... That being said... Night extended to Tuesday March 4th, 5PM...

I really am sorry about this.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 05, 2014, 08:41:42 pm »

Work happened yesterday... Update schedules happened today. Day extended 24 further hours

This is starting to make me feel awful...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 05, 2014, 08:43:26 pm »

Work happened yesterday... Update schedules happened today. Day extended 24 further hours

This is starting to make me feel awful...

Don't worry, RL comes up. We'll be here ready to play when you've have time to start day 3.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 112