Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 74

Author Topic: FUCK YOU, DAD!: Not grading on a curve.  (Read 129253 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: FUCK YOU, DAD!: Enraged Twerking
« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2014, 06:28:27 pm »

Weren't we supposed to read books to Grate, instead of trying to make a toddler read military strategy books himself?

That... was my intention, yes.

Don't give up on our little warlord!  Read the books to him, and demonstrate effective strategies for him.  Make it into a game and get some little toy army men to demonstrate things more effectively.  Make sure to also get toenail clippers, so that we can realistically demonstrate the effects of mortar fire.

((When I was four, I actually did that.  I'm told that I got angry at my mom for tossing the severed limbs away, because they were necessary for the battlefield.))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2014, 06:35:10 pm »

Weren't we supposed to read books to Grate, instead of trying to make a toddler read military strategy books himself?

Don't give up on our little warlord!  Read the books to him, and demonstrate effective strategies for him.  Make it into a game and get some little toy army men to demonstrate things more effectively.  Make sure to also get toenail clippers, so that we can realistically demonstrate the effects of mortar fire.

((When I was four, I actually did that.  I'm told that I got angry at my mom for tossing the severed limbs away, because they were necessary for the battlefield.))
+1
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 27, 2014, 06:43:16 pm »

+1

((I remember smashing up army men with rocks in the backyard, to simulate heavy shelling. :))))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 27, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »

+1

((I remember smashing up army men with rocks in the backyard, to simulate heavy shelling. :))))
+1

For the game, make it historical scenarios, with accurate terrain and troop counts (/100 or something). Put Grate on the losing side every time, and give him basic information on what his men can do. When he wins, reward him. When he loses, yell at him.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 27, 2014, 07:07:36 pm »

+1

+1

For the game, make it historical scenarios, with accurate terrain and troop counts (/100 or something). Put Grate on the losing side every time, and give him basic information on what his men can do. When he wins, reward him. When he loses, PUNCH THE LIVING HELL OUTA THE LITTLE SHIT at him.

FTFY
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:47:28 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 27, 2014, 07:34:08 pm »

+1

+1

For the game, make it historical scenarios, with accurate terrain and troop counts (/100 or something). Put Grate on the losing side every time, and give him basic information on what his men can do. When he wins, reward him. When he loses, PUNCH THE LIVING HELL OUTA THE LITTLE SHIT at him.

FTFY
+1
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 27, 2014, 08:42:14 pm »

We need more gods.

Create new gods with our imagination and sacrifice them to Grate.
Crack-a-lack-a

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 27, 2014, 11:11:23 pm »

We need more gods.

Create new gods with our imagination and sacrifice them to Grate.

Let's not get too hasty here.  Only one has been killed, and anymore now means that much more against us if we actively go down this path.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:22 pm »

+1 the Reading to and war game, -1 to punching and yelling. Instead scold with what he should of done instead.

We should set ourselves up as a rival, not an obstacle.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 28, 2014, 12:13:05 am »

scolding him with maneuvering him through the ardennes sounds like a much better idea than just punching him in the face

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 28, 2014, 12:19:17 am »

+1 the Reading to and war game, -1 to punching and yelling. Instead scold with what he should of done instead.

We should set ourselves up as a rival, not an obstacle.

I suppose I'll have to +1 this, since it much improves the original idea.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #566 on: January 28, 2014, 01:00:30 am »

(YOU READING IT TO HIM OR HIM READING THEM DOESN'T REALLY MATTER BUT WHATEVER)

You try the same thing BUT HARDER THIS TIME!

You read the books to him. Through a megaphone. While pinging the little plastic men from RISK at his head.

Yeah, seems to work this time. Perhaps he responds better when he has visual aids hurled into his face.

Dappertude:0
Cynicismish:5
Businessness:2
Determinational:0
Survivalous: 0
Sporties:0
Schooliouses:9

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 28, 2014, 01:05:30 am »

When are we going to teach our son the true American pastime of Pigskin Gridiron? Of course, he doesn't have to learn football and instead can be one of those chess-Playin' pinko redcoat bastards.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 28, 2014, 01:21:32 am »

If you wanna give the lad a concussion be straight about it. Sign him up for a competitive game of Head-Brick.

(Please don't do this)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 28, 2014, 02:42:37 am »

Now that Grate has grasped the art of war, teach him to play Dwarf Fortress. In ASCII. Without Dwarf Therapist. That should train his Determinational skill like crazy.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:45:32 am by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 74