Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172217 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2016, 06:25:36 pm »

Went through a whole bottle in 20 days and didn't get properly drunk once out of 4 sessions. Fucksakes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2016, 10:47:46 pm »

Half the times I pull off this beer I think:
"What IS this, it tastes kinda like that hard root beer I had that one time"

Then I vaguely remember that I bought this while rolling drunk and that, for the first time ever, my beer of choice (coors LIGHT) wasn't available...  So I got a "normal" style cheap-beer.  Icehouse apparently.

It really does taste like someone poured sugar into coors light
If I'm going to drink sugar water swill I should pick up another box of red wine.

Edit:  Or if not that, I should get a nice growler of REAL beer, nice carby IPA, from the brewery that's about a mile down the road.
It'll still make me fat, but it doesn't taste like fucking soda
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:50:48 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 22, 2016, 06:04:59 am »

My local bottle store had a big sale on some cheap-ass cabernet-merlot blend they over-ordered on and needed to get rid of. Lucky me! I'm not gonna bother posting the brand, but it's drinkable when refrigerated and downed by the bottle (sacrilege for any decent red wine, I know, but hey, it's not like I care right now). It's a 2011, so not as harsh on the tannins as a lot of the other cheap dry reds you could find.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2016, 06:10:36 am »

I'm sad this thread isn't what I thought it  was.

I am drunk, on two beers. Fuckin' yas. This may be because I've not eaten anything for like a million hours (maybe ~20) but I'm also a lightweight bastard.

Also, the word "drunk" or "drunken" appears in far too many thread titles.

I'm mostly saddened by the fact the people I want to drink with live on another continent. *sigh*

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss, if you're interested. Typical poor tasting American beer (I prefer their Summer "Helles Yeah" or "Canoe Paddler") but it gets the job done.

One more, and bedtime, hopefully with a fixed sleeping pattern. /wishful thinking

PS autocorrect is a fucking boon sometimes.

PPE: I like your name Jimmy. Reminds me of home  :'( too bad you like wine :P /bizarre alcoholic superiorry(? Can I be superior as a pretty much exclusive lager drinker?)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2016, 10:06:27 am »

Hell no, I drink beer and spirits too, but wine's cheaper and I still enjoy it. I'm an equal opportunity alcohol consumer. I'd just as soon sit down with a carton of lager or bitter if it was as economical. The good news is, there's plenty of good wine out there too!

Ever heard the joke about American beer being like making love in a canoe?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 24, 2016, 07:00:07 pm »

Welp, my homemade cider sure turned out gross.  Hopefully my next batch is better.
How'd ya do it?
Poorly, if I had to guess.

Well, figured I should give a bit of an update.  :D  My second batch came out great.  I gave some to my roommate and he liked it too.  My third batch was a cranberry juice mix, which came out okay but probably only tasty if you really love cranberry.

I declare my cheap-booze experiment a success.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 26, 2016, 06:04:47 am »

Whoah, as I was packing my stuff today I found $32.80 that I had forgotten I had!
Tomorrow night should be fun! :D

...Hm, I never related the tales of my last drunken shenanigans in here, did I? Perhaps I'll do that on the long drive tomorrow. Or tonight, after I have a shower.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2016, 09:15:04 am »

I bought a 4 pack of rum and cola for sharing with friends tonight, but then I mowed the lawn and felt thirsty afterwards. Bye-bye 4 pack!

Luckily I have great friends who brought me more rum and cola. Bye-bye free drinks!

Note to self: Buy rum and cola for friends next week. Do NOT drink it all before friends arrive.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2016, 10:21:51 am »

Liquor is so much cheaper here. The entry-level 0.7l booze bottle is 9 euros, and the no brand thing can be had for 7.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2016, 06:27:49 pm »

My brain is ready for booze, but I still have an hours worth of work to finish.  :| 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2016, 11:49:37 am »

Liquor is so much cheaper here. The entry-level 0.7l booze bottle is 9 euros, and the no brand thing can be had for 7.
I'm crying, for Bacchus' sake, 'tis is sheer crueltie :'<

The Finnish state monopoly retailer charges a minimum of ~18€ for a 0.7 bottle of 39% vodka.

Which is why I mostly drink cheap swill and bum wine – whenever I'm not up to home brewing, that is.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2016, 12:12:01 pm »

Edit: Today at the supermarket the guy behind me - clearly an alcoholic, judging by the puffy face - was buying a 0.7l bottle of some kind of schnapps for 4,99.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 27, 2016, 09:22:08 pm »

By comparison, in Australia a 0.7L bottle of 40% vodka would normally cost you ~35€, but you could pay only 28€ since it's 20% off regular retail right now.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 27, 2016, 09:35:04 pm »

We don't have a problem, we could quit any time we wanted.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2016, 09:40:14 pm »

Ha, Kentucky is famous for liquor so there's no way we'd tax it significantly. You can get 750mL of cheap vodka here for like $6, or for $1 more you can keep some small amount of dignity with cheap bourbon.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 141