Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 171748 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #720 on: November 17, 2017, 03:48:18 pm »

Yeah nevermind, housemates are out and I was bored, broke out the goon.
Playing Killer Is Dead while watching TieTuesday play Sonic Unleashed (in a nutshell:  it's bad).
"So long, problems!"

I'm not actually vision-quest drunk by any stretch, but probably later.  I'm looking for a bit of intenseness before tomorrow (because tomorrow we're doing DND in person, for the first time, which will be at least 8 straight hours of social... in person.)

Also, uh, good luck with your public transportation quest.  I hope you got to that place you were trying to get to.  Glad your battery's charged, that really does help.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 17, 2017, 04:52:47 pm »

In the words of what I must assume are ALL of my ancestors back to the invention of alcohol: "I am fucking drunk."

Seven plus whiskey shots and a Lemon Drop have left me very satisfactorily drunk.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 17, 2017, 05:07:53 pm »

Salve saalute Salut!!
ehehehehe

Gods-tier for me will be when this move settles down, and I have a proper drinking contest with certain peoples.
I'm not even sure who I mean, I think it's everyone I know!

Current GM is an enigma who ROLLS with the TIDE even better than I do.  And rolling is my best attribute.  He's always rolling, but he sharpens under the influence.
Previous GM is a tank.  He can take much more alcohol, yea, but he also receive confessions like a boss.  Nothing fazes him.

And then two wildcards.  Hnng, I want this to be a thing!  And maybe I can, now!  Woo!
Not tomorrow, though.  Tomorrow is for the DND - serious bsnss.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 17, 2017, 10:08:35 pm »

Also, uh, good luck with your public transportation quest.  I hope you got to that place you were trying to get to.  Glad your battery's charged, that really does help.
Thanks, yeah I made it. Didn't even get home overly late, compared to sometimes.
I'm no stranger to weird, late night public transport scenarios, but this one was wtf worthy due to the fact that I didn't even feel particularly drunk as I left the venue. Definitely not blackout drunk or anything, I can actually remember all of my social interactions throughout the night (conversation itself is a bit of a blur, but that's not unusual).

Left, standing upright without difficulty, checked the time 'til the next train and, realising it was still a fair while away, went and got a couple of hash browns from Mcdonalds to eat as I waited for what should have been a lengthy-but-simple train ride into and out of the city - then bam, suddenly I'm on a bus, miles out of my way.
I'm guessing I must have caught the train in the wrong direction to begin with, winding up on the rail replacement bus along a section of trainline that was down, but how the heck did I switch from train to bus without realising I was going in entirely the wrong direction? :o

Oh well. Early mornings are pretty beautiful. At one point whilst making my laborious way back home I must have spent five or ten minutes just staring at this particular view as I waited for a bus. Wasn't so bad.

Edit: I also spent far more than planned on beer, but far, far less than I usually would have. I didn't make myself entirely broke!
Hooray for pre-drinks! Hooray for economically-priced booze! Hooray for public transport!

Now that Friday's done and dusted, time to do some exercise+food and then start pre-drinking all over again! Hooray!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:12:14 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 17, 2017, 10:31:27 pm »

*still drunk as all fuck bunk* *~bump*
Glad - SO glad you made it home despite everthing.
Public transportation I mean-
I think most people here don't even know.
I used it, because I used bicycle primarily.
So hell with y'all!

It's dawn for you, huh?
I maybe made semi-promises for tomorrow night.
While drunk
I, aheh, ooh, aheh...
No but I'm pretty sure these were good ideas.  And I'll have to present them to my friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSshQu9rQLc
Again, thanks Putnam~

EDIT: SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT BS I JUST SAID https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQDPuODPLDw
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 18, 2017, 01:58:26 pm »

Wow I completely don't remember posting any of that.
Housemates came back while I was already a bit trashed and we sat around drinking for a while.  I do remember gently falling over as I went to bed, but I seriously don't recall any of the above.  Weird!

Basically I lost a drinking contest, heh, too much pregaming.

I'm pretty sure the "promise" was an idea a different friend floated about combining DND night with a car trip to Charlotte for $1 sashimi.
I mean, not today, but that honestly still sounds like a fun idea
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 22, 2017, 05:43:54 am »

I've switched from rum and coke to vodka and orange juice as my drink of choice.

Is it healthier?

Meh, who cares.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 22, 2017, 06:07:40 am »

Less sugar is usually somewhat healthier but now I want either one of those.

I usually do shots of cheap whiskey chased with any soda.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 28, 2017, 01:21:42 am »

Sorry, turns out that having housemates again kinda reduces my interest in booze-fueled vision quests :P
This must be that "social drinking" thinger!

Speaking of, one of them saved a whole bottle of Jim Beam from a dead relative's house.  He said it was probably going to be thrown out, which I found horrifying.  The three of us did shots and daaaaaamn, it's nice to taste good stuff occasionally.  Smooth, instead of like vinegar.

In fact I'm pretty sure it was heresy for them to do shots.  I held it in my mouth for a while because, you know, it actually tasted good.  But hey, I didn't buy it :D
(Looks like it's "only" about 3X more expensive than what I'm used to... pretty tempting.  Though the idea we came up with was starting with shots of good stuff, then switching to the Admiral Nelson or whatever.)

Edit:  And heck yeah, cheap rum with ginger ale is my jam!  That or V8 juice.  Honestly the vinegar taste just disappears into tomato juice, for me.
Mixing rum, v8 and ginger ale results in a concoction that's worse than all of its ingredients.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 28, 2017, 03:56:01 am »

...so it was quite a good workout lugging them all the way home in the heat - but, I stopped to get beer en route!
Hooray! I got me a six-pack of Sol! About to finish off the first of them now. Not quite as cold as it ought to be on a day like this hopefully the others are colder after their stay in my fridge... perhaps the big refrigerator at the Bottle-O is a bit weak on it.

Still refreshing though :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 28, 2017, 01:55:20 pm »

I once got to taste 100 year old Grand Marnier. Was pretty much the best.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 29, 2017, 08:47:54 am »

Last night was good. Drank three Coronas and anywhere between ten and fifteen shots of whiskey and two of vodka. Sat and played Shadow of War then watched Spartacus.
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 01, 2017, 01:11:04 am »

A toast to the... Jovial Contrarian.
Heh, much like th' gods of Bastion.  Nothin' but pain, and satisfaction.  Pain/satisfaction.
Maaakes more sense than nothin else, now.

I'm Southron as hell, heh, would be Southern Baptist, but my personal experience is more like The Pantheon.
They ain't gonna help y' son you'll be sorry f'r what ya done.
Gotta pay for what y' done. 
Just to live.  S'how it is.

Edit:  I still worship fairies, because they're
terrifying
And I've had multiple encounters where I nearly died, and was relevantly fortunate, and...  look, it's more than most believers have.  My odds were good, but they were still near death experiences which affirmed my belief.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:15:50 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 01, 2017, 01:46:47 am »

Unrelated, different gear-
I finally finished an entire box of wine tonight after three full weeks.
Over that time period I had merely 2 nights of having enough privacy to go "Vision quest" drunk.

In other words I probably won back some sensitivity to alcohol.

The dregs of that 3-week-old wine tasted like vinegar and I suspect lacked alcohol, just guessing.
But then I hit the new wine and hey, here we are, I suppose.
Here I am
On the road again...
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 01, 2017, 01:55:28 am »

Oof, yeah, old, vinegar-y goon can be rather brutal. Good on you for soldiering through!

As for me, we are celebrating my housemate's birthday today. I picked up a ten-pack of hard cider from the bottle shop for my housemates along with a bottle of soda water, and for myself I bought two bottles (they were on special) of dry ginger ale and one of that delightful cheap-ass rum.

Apparently there is to be a dinner at a nearby Mexican restaurant followed by diy karaoke back at home (because the CBD will likely be closed off later on due to extreme weather), so I suppose it would be prudent to start getting liquored up now... ;)

* Yoink swigs rum and dry from a mason jar with obvious enjoyment.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 141