Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172170 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #810 on: April 05, 2018, 01:37:40 am »

As a gin-soaked dipsomaniac connoisseur of gin, I admit to quite liking the slightly bitter aftertaste of juniper. Beats sickly sweet rum mixers every time.

All power to the spirited proles. The plebs are too busy drowning themselves in beer to overthrow those wine-tippling bourgeoisie.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 07, 2018, 11:54:50 pm »

It was... certainly a thing.  Ended up down on the floor with my roommate.  Alongside my roommate.
Saying things I shouldn't have, and vice versa.  Ugh.  Political shit.

And here I am about a week later, trying for a dreamless sleep after the past few nights, but something restless in me wants to talk instead.
So here it is, I guess...
VULCAN LIVES
And I still prefer "they/them", unless that bothers anyone.  You likely care a lot more than me, in which case, you do you.
I'll keep having vivid dreams in between or both sides, c'est l'vie.

I've beat the shit out of family as both genders in dreams, doesn't matter to me.  Just want to stop seeing that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 13, 2018, 01:20:19 am »

I like upvoting old comments on Youtube when I like them.
Tonight I replied to a 6 year old comment on a gaming video.  They made an insightful comment about an old game, and I asked about their opinion of certain newer games in that light. 
It almost feels like actual necromancy.  Speaking with the dead.  Because, blah blah philosophy, but I certainly don't feel like the person I was 6 years ago.  Our old selves are dead, but live on in us and others.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 13, 2018, 03:27:38 am »

There's this one old Japanese game where your ward eventually climbs up an infinite staircase into the stars to fight the god of war themself.  And then the very next day is taking classes or working on a farm, or whatever her father (you) suggests.

That's what being drunk is to me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 13, 2018, 04:52:31 am »

I remember that game! At least the first one, anyhow. I think there's an ending you can get where you save the world from war through the power of song, or some such rubbish. Was worth a few hours, but I never really invested a lot into the game due to the art style. Too cutesy for my taste.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 21, 2018, 08:02:02 pm »

One of the best moments in Halo, in French: https://youtu.be/fUn9uH0-Nos?t=1441
Humanity first.  But sentients also - unless they don't value us as we value them.  Then let us fight to the very last, with no quarter.

Fricken motorcyclist with the bright neons just rolled up.
(Don't start shit while drunk)
Okay but I'm pretty sure he owns that truck and keeps revving/tuning it at odd hours
(Don't start shit while drunk)
But he blasted islamic screeds from his boombox that one time
(You don't know that it was him, also don't start shit while you're half asleep and drunk, idiot)
):
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:16:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 21, 2018, 10:04:07 pm »

Cars which HONK when you keyfob the doors - twice, two acks - I hate that this is modern life, despite my location.

I'm not even mad at the noobs, but at the industry that made this the norm.
Also I'm totally mad at the noobs, I lied, for using modern cars instead of fixing up the almost perfectly good shells from a mere 3-5 years before.

Throw-away culture, it's horrible.
She/they

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 21, 2018, 10:22:48 pm »

I don’t know how to fix a car, why can’t I spend thousands of dollars I don’t have on a new shell that’s got slightly fancier widgets inside?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 22, 2018, 03:48:15 am »

Meh, economies of scale plus larger consumption leading to bigger economic growth equals lower unit cost to consumer plus better national GDP through replacement over repair.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 22, 2018, 08:27:51 am »

I don’t know how to fix a car, why can’t I spend thousands of dollars I don’t have on a new shell that’s got slightly fancier widgets inside?
Oh no I started shit while drunk XD

I was being dumb, my car is old but I'd use whatever.  I just don't like cars that beep loudly in residential areas.
She/they

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 22, 2018, 08:40:01 am »

My car beeps kinda gently when I double-lock it. It’s almost as if it’s shy, and doesn’t want to draw too much attention to itself.

I don’t generally do it unless I’m unsure of whether or not I locked the car, and am too far away to here the locks clicking. Anyhow, I always give the handles a pull on the driver and driver-side rear door, just to make sure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 24, 2018, 08:05:14 am »

Laughing my ass off at Tim Minchin right now after a few gins, and loving it (language warning).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 25, 2018, 09:39:01 pm »

Except for ever buying prunes, that's pretty damn relatable!
And funny, thanks (:

(not putting any of the politics here, this is a safe neutral space where everyone can be shiprecked on the barrier isles of sanity much less the coasts of polite discourse)

Edit:
Yeah basically vinegar and a dash of dill. Fuck inferior sweet pickles. Dill pickle master race.
Yeah, blugh, I got some sweet pickles ("for sandwiches" it said) and couldn't stand them.  Got a bottle of proper dills today.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:43:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 27, 2018, 07:56:57 pm »

My current bluejean shorts are getting kinda ripe I think, maybe?
I'm bad at smell so I can barely smell that frequency, but I assume probably.  The fact that I detect anything is probably a bad sign.

A dumb part of me wants to hang them up as some sort of stupid sex trophy.
Which is dumb because they're by far my best pair of jeans, my only jean shorts.  My preferred attire most of the time.

Like, they're my only shorts which aren't dorky as fuck, or too long for this hot weather.

I need to budget some summer pants, bluh.

Edit:  The sound of branches snapping.  Snick, crack, Nngunch, Raaack.
Like a reckoning, dreams are not to be denied indefinitely.
In laymans turns, the subconscious must be acknowledged.
And that's definitely all there is to it, nothing more!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:17:38 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 27, 2018, 10:44:36 pm »

Edit:  The sound of branches snapping.  Snick, crack, Nngunch, Raaack.
Like a reckoning, dreams are not to be denied indefinitely.
In laymans turns, the subconscious must be acknowledged.
And that's definitely all there is to it, nothing more!
Nothing yet.  Tomorrow bodes ill.  Especially since tonight went well.

I tried to explain the Traxus concept (re: Bungie) like four times, but he was sleepy as I was drunk.  It's not that complicated, really.
An algorithm in charge of a moon of Mars achieves self awareness and starts executing "rampancy", a series of steps along the lines of the stages of grief.
It gets murdered in an impressive outpouring of fear, but not quite. 

Future AIs inhabiting the moon surreptitiously learn from its example.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 141